What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a giant bath bomb and practiced using my airbrush. That was super fun! Washed a ginormous mountain of dishes, not nearly as fun.
Adding little soap embeds that I have laying around to my soaps I make from extra batter after pull throughs. These soaps go into the discount bin, and they’re super popular at the farmers market!

Attachments

• 0519A4EA-279D-42FB-B951-28C99CE96C03.jpeg
    0519A4EA-279D-42FB-B951-28C99CE96C03.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 11
  • D3E47CF7-1C16-4DCF-AD32-916340401B0B.jpeg
    D3E47CF7-1C16-4DCF-AD32-916340401B0B.jpeg
    314.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 9BBD4BF6-742E-4318-9517-B1A70C733C9C.png
    9BBD4BF6-742E-4318-9517-B1A70C733C9C.png
    882.1 KB · Views: 11
  • BFE8559C-C29F-4941-861A-44D43F1EBFF0.jpeg
    BFE8559C-C29F-4941-861A-44D43F1EBFF0.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 15
I moved my soap rack around... That count?

Reason being we got flooded again ugh.. Soap's all sweaty but I have no time to clean them up just now. Its almost 2am and we just finished cleaning the living room

Hope everyone's having a good start to the week! Miss you guys n gals :)

I moved my soap rack around... That count?

Reason being we got flooded again ugh.. Soap's all sweaty but I have no time to clean them up just now. Its almost 2am and we just finished cleaning the living room

Hope everyone's having a good start to the week! Miss you guys n gals :)
That's awful! I wish you an easy speedy clean up-

Somewhat tangentially soapy...

My bathroom is my happy place. For Valentine's Day past, husband bought me a lovely bath tray to hold everything I need. Only trouble is, I have to sit up to reach my wine... #firstworldproblems

So I took an outline of the bath and made this nifty device 😁
IMG_20210704_181820.jpg
IMG_20210726_193624.jpg

My bathroom is my happy place. For Valentine's Day past, husband bought me a lovely bath tray to hold everything I need. Only trouble is, I have to sit up to reach my wine... #firstworldproblems

View attachment 59601
View attachment 59602
That's brilliant!

Oh, my gosh, @Tara_H! how innovative of you! I would want something for my Tea Cup and I'd want it for travel! And I'd want the whole shebang. I don't think they make anything like that that will fit in my suitcase. At home I don't use the tub very often because I don't like cleaning it afterwards. But while traveling, I do enjoy long soaks in a bubble bath when I have a chance, and access to my tea is the one thing that is often troublesome. I like your solution for your glass of wine.

Oh my goodness. Hello there! New plates, who disc?! The red one was a good co sister you for how fine the detail was. But for the fat design of the blue one, I would’ve gotten more detail if batter was thicker. Both FOs seemed to actually decelerate! Somali Soul and Satsuma by NS.
Those are so funky and beautiful. The red for some reason makes me go cross eyed😆

Oh, my gosh, @Tara_H! how innovative of you! I would want something for my Tea Cup and I'd want it for travel! And I'd want the whole shebang. I don't think they make anything like that that will fit in my suitcase. At home I don't use the tub very often because I don't like cleaning it afterwards. But while traveling, I do enjoy long soaks in a bubble bath when I have a chance, and access to my tea is the one thing that is often troublesome. I like your solution for your glass of wine.
I'll keep an eye on my brain and see if it throws out any ideas for how to make a travel version suitable for teacups!

Woke up my cat while running the heat gun to shrink the wrap on some soap. I didn't know she was sleeping in the chair at the head of the table, because of course, the seat is below eye level. After finishing up 3 bars, she finally poked her head up to peer at me, or should I say, glare at me for making all that noise and waking her up.

Of course I apologized for disturbing her and asked her if she wanted me to stop. In spite of her not answering, I did stop and she went back to sleep.

Other soapy stuff: evaluating my micas for my next soap project.

View attachment 59601
View attachment 59602
I'd like to place an order for a whiskey tumbler holder. Thanks!

Had fun experimenting with colorants again. The blue is phycocyanin, or blue spirulina, mixed with various other things - rose kaolin clay, TD, two iron oxides, and rhubarb. The red tray is red rice yeast with nothing, TD, and iron oxide. I don’t know if the blue will hold up, I actually wasn’t sure it would make it this far.

View attachment 55598View attachment 55599View attachment 55600
Beautiful blues! So how has the blue held up?

So far the molds I use for lotion bars are my most successful bath bombs. Pack em and leave em! Pop em out when they’re hard. No pressing, breaking... they’re a good size, so they float nice.
Was gonna make soap today, but tweaked my back. This morning was brutal. I’m glad I got to make anything at all today!! Thank goodness it’s feeling better!

Attachments

• D1E167BA-9FC6-4A65-8F89-F583B4288156.jpeg
    D1E167BA-9FC6-4A65-8F89-F583B4288156.jpeg
    208 KB · Views: 17
So kinda a soapy experience today. Decades ago, in the late 90s, a couple gave us homemade CP soap for Christmas and it was incredible and lovely. At the time, it was their tradition to spend a day making soap to give as gifts. It was the first time that I sat up and thought, hmm, this is awesome soap, I should try to make it myself someday!

'Someday' turned into 2017 when I decided to give homemade CP soap as Christmas gifts myself.

This couple now continues to make a simple holy trinity of oils soap, unscented and uncolored. They have not discovered this awesome sub-culture of soapers, they have not watched any YouTubes, Instagram, social media, or visited this forum. They have expressed surprise when I use the word 'soaping' as a verb. Innocent little lambs in the woods that they are, and we love them dearly.

Today these friends visited our "new" home and wanted the grand tour. They even wanted to see the basement! The basement where we hide all of our crap in a desperate effort to keep our house presentable for company-- and where I soap. I have 5 soaps curing and on display, and several batches in shoe boxes. They got excited to see all the soap. The wife says, with great affection, "thank you, Zing, for completely wrecking the idea that we would ever again give away our soap as gifts." LOL -- they were the ones to inspire me to soap in the first place! I actually really like their soap, especially their rosehip soap using rosehips from their garden. They are dear, dear friends and I will be forever grateful for introducing me to CP soap.

And that, folks, is my origin story.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back