What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Once you make the mold, could you carve away some of the silicone to enlarge the area for the soap to sit? Or would that completely ruin the design? Also, would a T&S bar fit better inside?
I make resin soap dishes, which I think are quite lovely. None of my new soap fits but I tell my customers to just sit the soap on top of the mold and one day it will fit completely inside.

Attachments

• Galaxy2.jpg
    Galaxy2.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 28
  • Soap dish 2.jpg
    Soap dish 2.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 19
I make resin soap dishes, which I think are quite lovely. None of my new soap fits but I tell my customers to just sit the soap on top of the mold and one day it will fit completely inside.
These are so beautiful. I have all of the supplies to make resin soap dishes but it’s such a new thing that I haven’t dug in. What do you use as a colorant? Do you have a favorite resin that you like?

First photo is the before. The photo makes it look large but it is a teeny tiny room. The photo makes it look like an attractive room but in reality it was sensory overload and every single wall tile was damaged. The second photo is after, we kept only the floor tile.
Are ya happy now, @The_Phoenix ??!!
View attachment 58749View attachment 58750
Oh my goodness. Sensory overload indeed! The After is lovely and inviting and not overwhelming. Yes, thank you for sharing. You're a good sport... :tub:

@MrsZ
I already expected that some of your Taiwan swirl bars would be more green, others more purple, and I think it's great to see how every bar has its own appeal! 😍

For planing, I (ab)used a cheap vegetable planer a few times, but those are not ideal, since the blade isn't perfectly straight but bent, and it might be too narrow for large soap bars. Didn't want to ruin the sauerkraut cabbage plane, lol.
On the other hand – what are you planning to do with the soap? As far as it appears to me, they look totally fine that way. Would be a pity if you achieve the perfect cuboid of soap, but then the recipients don't dare use it “b/c too beautiful”.

Ugh, I just made rosemary mint soap. Made mint tea and dried mint leaves, it came out a nice yellow, and I thought I'd add a little blue to turn it green and it turned GRAY! It looks like lava. I made this exact soap recipe and design a while back and loved it. I used a different pigment and FO though. Dang! Oh well, it smells good and should be great soap.

@ResolvableOwl You make a good point, I hadn't even thought about someone not using my soap because it's pretty. It's just for family and a few friends, but I can totally see that happening. I guess I don't need to plane it. I'd definitely rather it be used with the amount of work put into it! :)

I love how each bar has its own personality.

Last edited:
OK, @Zing wanna play "whose bathroom was pinker?"🤣 Here are some pics of my formerly pink bathroom in my former home. The tub, toilet, and sink were solid pink. The only surface not covered in mosaic tiles was the ceiling. It might have been cute, except the grout lines were all crooked, which made my brain scream when I walked in. The matching BLUE bathroom was upstairs.

Attachments

• pink bath 1.jpg
    pink bath 1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 30
  • pink bath 2.jpg
    pink bath 2.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 35
OK, @Zing wanna play "whose bathroom was pinker?"🤣 Here are some pics of my formerly pink bathroom in my former home. The tub, toilet, and sink were solid pink. The only surface not covered in mosaic tiles was the ceiling. It might have been cute, except the grout lines were all crooked, which made my brain scream when I walked in. The matching BLUE bathroom was upstairs.
And I thought my Grandmother's Avocado kitchen (appliances and washer and dryer) and bathroom (tub, sink & toilet) were bad... But now that I think about it, I kinda miss it and Her!!!

You win.

I made a soap with a small amt of Meadowfoam in it. Haven't tried it yet but glad to hear about how nice it is in lotions and bars.

Edit: I found the recipe I used it in... it's a Hemp oil soap with a few luxury oils/butters. Going to pull one out and give it a try.

View attachment 58748

love your soap design & I bet its gonna be really nice. 🙌🏼🧼

I have bought so many new FOs in the past few months. I haven’t soaped with most of them. Yesterday I tried out Cool Clear Water from NG. It behaved well and smells very nice. It’s a masculine scent. Did a simple design since I was testing it View attachment 58767
She's baaackk! Missed your pretty soaps :)

Latest posts

Back