What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, depending on which purchase decision you'd have made, you wold have throwing money away even if you wouldn't miss Prime Day deals.

A great section in one of my favourite books tells in fabulous words about “an avant-garde artist collective, who, for a modest entry fee, allowed visitors to throw money on them”.

We went antique browsing after breakfast this morning. And look what I found! The tag said “trinket dish” but doesn’t it look like an Art Deco soap dish?? View attachment 58659View attachment 58660View attachment 58661View attachment 58663View attachment 58662
I think your dish would be oh so much more happier in my pink 1932 art deco bathroom. Shh, I can hear her calling. :)
I recently bought "Meadowfoam & It's so nice In Body Lotion...
Meadowfoam seed oil was my discovery last Christmas. I want to fill a tub with it.

I made a Circling Taiwan swirl soap today. My homemade cereal box dividers were a bit troublesome and made a big mess. I'm not sure it turned out right, but we'll see after the cut tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20210622_150323639.jpg
    IMG_20210622_150323639.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 8
Well, depending on which purchase decision you'd have made, you wold have throwing money away even if you wouldn't miss Prime Day deals.
I bought a steamer. Not for soap, but i am sure it can be repurposed for that too lol. I bought it for the regular cleaning stuff.

Every year i miss prime day. The prime day gods hate me lol. Sometimes it’s because i just missed it, sometimes because i am broke. This year was a broke day between paychecks. But then i remembered that i had an Amazon card lol. I didnt go crazy. Just bought a $60 steam machine.

We went antique browsing after breakfast this morning. And look what I found! The tag said “trinket dish” but doesn’t it look like an Art Deco soap dish?? View attachment 58659View attachment 58660View attachment 58661View attachment 58663View attachment 58662

It definitely looks like a soap dish and a wonderful find! Will make a great photo prop too!

I recently bought "Meadowfoam & It's so nice In Body Lotion...

I made a soap with a small amt of Meadowfoam in it. Haven't tried it yet but glad to hear about how nice it is in lotions and bars.

Edit: I found the recipe I used it in... it's a Hemp oil soap with a few luxury oils/butters. Going to pull one out and give it a try.

Hemp Avo Bar.jpg

Photographic evidence of your pink 1932 art deco bathroom is required to back up your claim. 😂
First photo is the before. The photo makes it look large but it is a teeny tiny room. The photo makes it look like an attractive room but in reality it was sensory overload and every single wall tile was damaged. The second photo is after, we kept only the floor tile.
Are ya happy now, @The_Phoenix ??!!
IMG-2861.jpgIMG-3021.jpg

First photo is the before. The photo makes it look large but it is a teeny tiny room. The photo makes it look like an attractive room but in reality it was sensory overload and every single wall tile was damaged. The second photo is after, we kept only the floor tile.
Are ya happy now, @The_Phoenix ??!!
View attachment 58749View attachment 58750
Wow, what an improvement - so well done!! 🙌🏼👊🏼👏🏼

Back