What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Rosemary Mint drop swirl soap was ready to cut. I'm very pleased with the results. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20210617_184713831~3.jpg
    IMG_20210617_184713831~3.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 37
So, when my 1”pvc moon embed got stuck and I had to bang it out like I was driving a fence post into the ground it apparently shortened it by 3”. So I smooshed up some soap dough and hand rolled a moon for that last bit thinking they’d just be give away. But they don’t look too shabby!
Can you just please stop astounding me already?! And, @Dawni , didja catch the banging reference? Satisfied?

I’m not a newbie anymore and I STILL feel like cutting a batch of soap is like opening a present. Half the reason I make soooo much soap is for that positive cognitive feedback from that soap design unveiling/cutting.
Right???!!!

And shout out to all the dads and father figures on here to have a great Fathers Day! My two Zing Juniors come tomorrow and I cannot wait, feels like Christmas Eve!

Did nothing soapy today, but yesterday i wrapped and labeled a gazillion soaps., and by gazillion, i mean specifically 32 bars of soap lol.

I dont mind stuffing into bags and sealing. I dont mind labeling. I absolutely HATE shrinking with a heat gun. I wish i could just stick them all in the oven at once and shrinky dink them.

My soapy thing for today might be stamping bags with my logo since my rubber stamp came today, I am excited about the rubber stamp lol.

Annnd the reason that I am stamping bags, is because i finally scheduled my first market! Its not until July 10th, but i had to wait for my regular work schedule to come out, and that was all i could do for now because of staffing issues.

But that gives me a little time to prepare. I already enlisted a helper, got most of my supplies...

edit... and i was driving home from work thinking about chalk boards to write on for signage. I stopped at Circle K to grab smokes... and who woulda thunk that there were chalk sign tents on sale at a gas station at 1am lol. There were two, so i bought them both lol. I just wrote on this one to see how well the chalk wrote lol. Pretty good find in the middle of the night at a gas station LOL

Attachments

• 0A5FADAE-54C5-4ECE-A454-DE4B57FD82A1.jpeg
    0A5FADAE-54C5-4ECE-A454-DE4B57FD82A1.jpeg
    168.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
So, when my 1”pvc moon embed got stuck and I had to bang it out like I was driving a fence post into the ground it apparently shortened it by 3”. So I smooshed up some soap dough and hand rolled a moon for that last bit thinking they’d just be give away. But they don’t look too shabby!
Oh I love that. How nice she made your template for you & your idea was so good' she's now selling them! your art work is second to none. 🤗🙌🏼

Have I heard correctly: Rabbit hole?
View attachment 58605

ETA: Actually I k-needed that dough in preparation for a different project just now, but I then read your comment #22.117 and gave it a try to model the dough loosely after some other celebrities that recently gained some fame around here. 😄
That's adorable' 😉🙌🏼

My Rosemary Mint drop swirl soap was ready to cut. I'm very pleased with the results. :)
Beautiful drop swirl.

Did nothing soapy today, but yesterday i wrapped and labeled a gazillion soaps., and by gazillion, i mean specifically 32 bars of soap lol.

I dont mind stuffing into bags and sealing. I dont mind labeling. I absolutely HATE shrinking with a heat gun. I wish i could just stick them all in the oven at once and shrinky dink them.

My soapy thing for today might be stamping bags with my logo since my rubber stamp came today, I am excited about the rubber stamp lol.

Annnd the reason that I am stamping bags, is because i finally scheduled my first market! Its not until July 10th, but i had to wait for my regular work schedule to come out, and that was all i could do for now because of staffing issues.

But that gives me a little time to prepare. I already enlisted a helper, got most of my supplies...

edit... and i was driving home from work thinking about chalk boards to write on for signage. I stopped at Circle K to grab smokes... and who woulda thunk that there were chalk sign tents on sale at a gas station at 1am lol. There were two, so i bought them both lol. I just wrote on this one to see how well the chalk wrote lol. Pretty good find in the middle of the night at a gas station LOL
Not a bad Idea w/ the shrink wrap lol' only if it worked...

😬 Got my first positive zap test today – by accident, in the shower! I washed me with the last bits of Décadence (still going gorgeous as ever!); and for the last body regions (maybe fortunately the face!), I opened a batch of LS that I made in March. When I got some into my mouth, it felt like tiny jabs onto my tongue. Tested the pure soap too, and yes! Zappy!
I have no clue yet how this could happen. It's not the KOH, it is rated 85% purity, and I successfully used it before and after this for LS. From soapcalc, I got an effective superfat of +2%, still zappy. It's not badly lye-heavy, I have no irritated skin or something. But not pleasant in any case.
I've now put some 5%TOM additional castor oil into the batch, and will wait a few days, and zap-test again.

Latest posts

Back