What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a batch of Dragon's Blood soap. It's the only time I've used it alone in soap. This particular one is from Elements Bath and Body and it's REALLY good. Deeply complex and heady. Doesn't smell artificial or gross as some DB FO do. Somehow it's the only FO I ever bought from them. Weird because I have many of their micas and they are my favorite by far. Decided to order a few FOs from them. It's not possible to have too many FOs. AMIRIGHT OR AMIRIGHT???

I made a batch of Dragon's Blood soap. It's the only time I've used it alone in soap. This particular one is from Elements Bath and Body and it's REALLY good. Deeply complex and heady. Doesn't smell artificial or gross as some DB FO do. Somehow it's the only FO I ever bought from them. Weird because I have many of their micas and they are my favorite by far. Decided to order a few FOs from them. It's not possible to have too many FOs. AMIRIGHT OR AMIRIGHT???
You're absolutely right!

It's not possible to have too many FOs. AMIRIGHT OR AMIRIGHT???
You are right!! Although it might be hard to actually find someone who would disagree with you here 😂 If you like patchouli, Patchouli Honey from Elements is really nice, and they also have a couple of good vanillas.

You are right!! Although it might be hard to actually find someone who would disagree with you here 😂 If you like patchouli, Patchouli Honey from Elements is really nice, and they also have a couple of good vanillas.
I bought Patchouli Honey! :D Great minds and all that...

Also bought Shampure, Downpour, Juicy Couture, Calabrian Bergamot Violet, Mistletoe Kisses (CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!), Vanilla Sandalwood, Balsam & Citrus (CHRISTMAS IS COMING!!!)), Rosemary Mint, and Sweet Pumpkin (because I'm already thinking about fall soaps).

Oh, Lordy, I cannot keep up with you all so my soapy thing is just checking this thread. My wife and I lived in our beloved Chi-town for 30 years and the blessed, grateful part of COVID (g--d----COVID!) is that we rejoined our book club and Mrs. Zing's women's group. Her club peeps were demanding more soap after keeping their soaps as decorations and now actually using it. What a concept, soap for bathing, who knew?!

Oh, Lordy, I cannot keep up with you all so my soapy thing is just checking this thread. My wife and I lived in our beloved Chi-town for 30 years and the blessed, grateful part of COVID (g--d----COVID!) is that we rejoined our book club and Mrs. Zing's women's group. Her club peeps were demanding more soap after keeping their soaps as decorations and now actually using it. What a concept, soap for bathing, who knew?!
I started a virtual book group with some friends (and my mom) and it was such an excellent way to keep in touch with friends and get my fill of (virtual) social interaction. I hope we can keep it up forever! We all meet in person in September because one of my friends' is having a baby and my mom will be her visiting for here birthday.

There is a part of me that feels relief that we've rounded the corner. And yet, I've enjoyed having such a slower time. My hubby has to go out of town for work next week and it will be his first work trip since February 2020.

Last edited:
They have to use it! If they don’t use it, we can’t keep making more!! 😆 When I went to visit my family I threw away all their 6 month old slivers and took new soaps out of their drawer.

I managed to NOT cut my soap last night! 4pm yesterday would have been 24 hours and it was still super soft. I’m not sure if it’s the weather or what. Same recipe as always. It took every ounce of will power I had!
Edit: Just remembered this is my first 7.5 lb loaf with my master batched recipe where I meet in the middle between two versions as far as percentages of hard and soft oils. If this is where I land with those ratios, I may be in for more long waits on these big batches. Oye!

This is the first soap I’ve made with my master batched oils. I had to use some extra liquid oils to mix my mica. The soap is hardening super slow! It’s almost 20hrs and it’s still real soft. So it’s either the extra oil, or the warm humid weather.
Either way it’s SUPER HARD NOT TO CUT IT!!!
So, I got some satisfaction cutting up the extra embeds to put in bath bombs. And they look really cool!!
Love that Wolf Embed' did you use a template or cut it out by hand?

So, when my 1”pvc moon embed got stuck and I had to bang it out like I was driving a fence post into the ground it apparently shortened it by 3”. So I smooshed up some soap dough and hand rolled a moon for that last bit thinking they’d just be give away. But they don’t look too shabby!

Attachments

• F5BFFC7E-E142-4B7F-807B-9289EDBE19C6.jpeg
    F5BFFC7E-E142-4B7F-807B-9289EDBE19C6.jpeg
    338 KB · Views: 42
So, when my 1”pvc moon embed got stuck and I had to bang it out like I was driving a fence post into the ground it apparently shortened it by 3”. So I smooshed up some soap dough and hand rolled a moon for that last bit thinking they’d just be give away. But they don’t look too shabby!
This is amazing.

I made a rosemary mint drop swirl soap, and the whole house smells so amazing! I am enjoying making designs in my soaps, cutting the soap is like opening a gift because I don't know what it will look like inside. Exciting! Sorry, newbie enthusiasm here. :)
I’m not a newbie anymore and I STILL feel like cutting a batch of soap is like opening a present. Half the reason I make soooo much soap is for that positive cognitive feedback from that soap design unveiling/cutting.

Back