What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for my Bergamot Tea Soap to cool down so I can cut it Let me just say I replaced All liquid w/ Tea & It Heated Up In The Lye & Didn't Smell Good' I Tried To Color The Brownish Hue To Green' Ugh That Was A Mistake' It Resembled PooPoo In Color 🤣🙃' Next Time I'll Leave It Natural, Thought The Color Morphed To A Subtle Green Thank Goodness For That, As For The Swirly Color I Lightened It W/ TD & It Lightened The Soap Nicely.
For Scent I used The "Citrus Notes & A Hint Of Lavender' Keeping It All EO'S.

I Order Bergamot EO Yesterday From Amazon' I Haven't Had Some In A Long Time, I Think It Would Of Been Nice To Scent The Soap W/ It, I'll Use It For The Next Batch 😉👍🏼, I Do Find Their EO Prices Reasonable W/ Free Shipping & Quality Is Good IMHO. I'll Post Pictures After The Cut Even If Its Not Pretty 🤣. I Ordered More Colors Yesterday From Nurture Soaps, Love Their Neon Micas & FO's.
I'll Close On This Note 💫😂🧼😉.

Ok this is the Soap' smells good' looks like an ugle duckling w/ white spots & all. not lye I tested it. no zap' it just looks like it could be the TD not mixed good enough or the Goat Milk Dunno . its name " Sour Lemons" bahaha 🤣😂🤣😂🤣😜.

Attachments

• 31D65715-FD7C-41DF-B6FC-308674672A79.jpeg
    31D65715-FD7C-41DF-B6FC-308674672A79.jpeg
    288 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Waiting for my Bergamot Tea Soap to cool down so I can cut it Let me just say I replaced All liquid w/ Tea & It Heated Up In The Lye & Didn't Smell Good

Oh no! I had to laugh at your write-up, but I'm so sorry, Peachy. I've never experienced a bad smell when using Earl Grey for my lye water, but I still feel I've led you astray! I will say I've never tried to add another color when I've used tea. Also, just the tea color does fade by the time it cools but then that faded color remains. Sorry you ended up with poo-poo soap!

I find that bergamot EO sticks nicely in CP soap.

Wow' looks like a real pretzel.... Most impressive
🥰
I was at enough bakeries from enough villages (Baden, Bavaria, Alsace, Tyrol…) which all claim to be the most original origin of the pretzel (or the most capitalistic capitals of today's pretzel culture). So I have some self-confidence on this under my belt 😋. Watching bakers juggle the dough strings into shape is somewhere between meditative, puzzling, and witnessing magic – it's not as if I hadn't tried it myself (from wheat dough for edible pretzels), but I'll leave these to the experts and stay with my clumsy tilting and squeezing for soap pretzels.

By the way, pretzel bakers are somewhat close relatives to soapmakers: they are handling lye too, and they are divided into two equally emotional factions, fallen out with each other over the inclusion of lard.

@ Kim W Not Even Worry' You gave perfect in-site & glad you did. I'm hoping for a scent to be resurrected in beautiful Bergamont & Citrus :lol::rolling:.

Who knows' I bet the scent turns out fantastic' I does smell good in the Ice chest when I opened the lid to check it. maybe my tea was to strong' thats why the pungent lye scent? dunno.
yes I'm making it again' do you use straight Tea Replacement for water?

Last edited:
🥰
I was at enough bakeries from enough villages (Baden, Bavaria, Alsace, Tyrol…) which all claim to be the most original origin of the pretzel (or the most capitalistic capitals of today's pretzel culture). So I have some self-confidence on this under my belt 😋. Watching bakers juggle the dough strings into shape is somewhere between meditative, puzzling, and witnessing magic – it's not as if I hadn't tried it myself (from wheat dough for edible pretzels), but I'll leave these to the experts and stay with my clumsy tilting and squeezing for soap pretzels.

By the way, pretzel bakers are somewhat close relatives to soapmakers: they are handling lye too, and they are divided into two equally emotional factions, fallen out with each other over the inclusion of lard.
Thats so interesting Pretzels are cooked in Lye Water' ( I Think) I love a Hot Fresh Pretzel w/ Course Salt & Hot Cheese Dip For Dipping' OMG Drooling 🤐😍
Of course it's all about the "Fats" In pretzels its lard' hmmm What's the deciding factor in Lard?

"Some more Soap Humor "
we all have them Ugly ducklings soap's mishaps. Thought Id post this one' It looks like a Deli Cutlet I named it according, lol bawhaha Cause it looks like A Meat Deli Cutlet & Its The Size Of A Hocky Pock! I Named This One
⬇⬇ View Picture. on a good note This Deli Cutlet Smells Fab!!! :nodding: :rolling:

Attachments

• 6395A086-221A-4426-908D-42E5FAA4E157.jpeg
    6395A086-221A-4426-908D-42E5FAA4E157.jpeg
    317.8 KB · Views: 28
"Some more Soap Humor "
we all have them Ugly ducklings soap's mishaps. Thought Id post this one' It looks like a Deli Cutlet I named it according, lol bawhaha Cause it looks like A Meat Deli Cutlet & Its The Size Of A Hocky Pock! I Named This One
⬇⬇ View Picture. on a good note This Deli Cutlet Smells Fab!!! :nodding: :rolling:
Oh my gosh--you've just inspired me for coaches gifts for my son's hockey team next year!! Colored with activated charcoal!! :D

"Some more Soap Humor "
Did you post the right photo? I'm looking for the ugly and the mishaps??!! Still looking....

Now, here's ugly and I'll show off my dancing funnel skills: :nodding:

Attachments

• 51072-11222ae4452bc2db0902735ddbb37abe.png
    51072-11222ae4452bc2db0902735ddbb37abe.png
    56.1 KB · Views: 28
Back