What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brought my brother his birthday present - this was the final haul:
IMG_20210515_080111.jpg

He seemed pretty pleased with them, a general win, I believe! :)

I also took delivery of some new FO and EO samples from Poland, including a bread scented one which is surprisingly convincing! No idea what I'll use it for, I just ordered it from pure curiosity...

Brought my brother his birthday present - this was the final haul:
View attachment 57289

He seemed pretty pleased with them, a general win, I believe! :)

I also took delivery of some new FO and EO samples from Poland, including a bread scented one which is surprisingly convincing! No idea what I'll use it for, I just ordered it from pure curiosity...
Beautiful!!! Very nice, nice, nice. What a lovely sister.

Sourdough soap! A cold-and-rainy-Europe-twist on triple rice soap, and indie attitude to sodium lactate addition at the same time. Cast in bread loaf silicone moulds dusted with cocoa powder.

If the weather weren't been that rainy today (and I weren't been that lazy), I'd have bought liquid sourdough extract to liquefy HP soap batter after cooking (No fears that I suddenly have become proponent of industrial baking additives: for the bread I eat, I have my own, alive, in-need-of-affection sourdough).

Attempt 2 at Japanese Cherry Blossom soap is in the oven. My usual source of Rice Bran oil was out of it, so I checked 3 other stores before giving up on RBO and switching to a largely avocado oil based recipe. The FO yellows, so I added blue to my green, purple to pinks, and black to brown. I'm hoping I got the color corrections right, but I won't know until tomorrow.

Japanese Cherry Blossom attempt 2 is cut. I'm at least getting the colors right, but I'm not happy with the design, so I'm going to try another design once I've got more FO. Made my best face lotion yet today, so I'm very happy about that. I also packed and labeled some items for my parents to take to my sister when they visit her this week. However, she won't use heavily fragranced things, weirdly shaped soap, soap that isn't mild enough, or anything with preservatives. So, I'm sending my only soap that mostly fits the bill, and a fragrance-free oil-only body butter, and a lip balm, all labeled and packaged. Not perfectly professional, but I'm happy with it as a hobbyist.

Attachments

• IMG_20210516_183457.jpg
    IMG_20210516_183457.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210516_183558.jpg
    IMG_20210516_183558.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 31
Coffee soap cut. Overall I’m pretty happy with it, although there are definitely some wonky spots. I used espresso as water replacement, then added instant coffee and a little cocoa to the middle layer and cocoa to the bottom layer.

Attachments

• A7C2E735-E350-4B9F-8566-5286814B1451.jpeg
    A7C2E735-E350-4B9F-8566-5286814B1451.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 30
This soap is going out to volunteers at a local non-profit. I’m getting faster at labeling as I hone in on fewer recipes, but it still takes a lot of time. On the up side, I’m clearing out 20 lbs of soap!

View attachment 57325
Oh that is a lovely haul and a lovely way to clear out some soap!

Japanese Cherry Blossom attempt 2 is cut. I'm at least getting the colors right, but I'm not happy with the design, so I'm going to try another design once I've got more FO. Made my best face lotion yet today, so I'm very happy about that. I also packed and labeled some items for my parents to take to my sister when they visit her this week. However, she won't use heavily fragranced things, weirdly shaped soap, soap that isn't mild enough, or anything with preservatives. So, I'm sending my only soap that mostly fits the bill, and a fragrance-free oil-only body butter, and a lip balm, all labeled and packaged. Not perfectly professional, but I'm happy with it as a hobbyist.
I think it does look professional and beautiful. I'd be thrilled to get such a pretty package!

Back