What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my “quilt soap” ready to give to the friends who made squares for my son and wife’s baby, due today. Quilt and soap below. Soap is not perfect but I like it.

Attachments

• 610CD39D-1D1D-4223-8D56-532FFE1F89E0.jpeg
    610CD39D-1D1D-4223-8D56-532FFE1F89E0.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 27
  • A47122B9-EC8C-4357-A3C7-F35CF84C5BF0.jpeg
    A47122B9-EC8C-4357-A3C7-F35CF84C5BF0.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 20
Sooo, I am in the middle of this soap.
I love this and can’t wait to see the cut or cuts!

I love this!!! 😍
Thank you! I got tired of making little bars with leftover batter and decided I would start making pieces to use as embeds or make flat slabs that are easy to cut uniformly. Pouring into a small test mold is a great option if the batter stays reasonably fluid.

I love this and can’t wait to see the cut or cuts!

Thank you! I got tired of making little bars with leftover batter and decided I would start making pieces to use as embeds or make flat slabs that are easy to cut uniformly. Pouring into a small test mold is a great option if the batter stays reasonably fluid.

The design is really so unique and pretty. I love seeing your creations!

View attachment 53499
I remade my pride flag soap! My last batch discoloured from the FO and the top was quite rice-y. I’m so happy with this batch! It smells like bubblegum ice cream too 🥰

I think I’m DONE with flat layers for a while though 😂
I love this! My daughter and I want to make rainbow soap for pride month! Do you have any tips? What recipe did you use?

So after making the end cut (shown on the bottom right of the picture), I decided to do the rest by cutting the loaf into four and then each in half horizontally. I like the swirl much better. Just cutting the loaf the regular way made it look like an unruly pour LOL.

Satsuma Orange from NS. I really didn't like it OOB...but I love it in the soap. I only used 5% instead of my usual 6%. I personally like strongly scented soap, but some of my customers do not, so I bumped it down a notch, but it is still a fairly strong scent.

I cut a little early, so they are still fairly soft.

orange cut2.jpg

So after making the end cut (shown on the bottom right of the picture), I decided to do the rest by cutting the loaf into four and then each in half horizontally. I like the swirl much better. Just cutting the loaf the regular way made it look like an unruly pour LOL.

Satsuma Orange from NS. I really didn't like it OOB...but I love it in the soap. I only used 5% instead of my usual 6%. I personally like strongly scented soap, but some of my customers do not, so I bumped it down a notch, but it is still a fairly strong scent.

View attachment 55874

These are beautiful! For me Satsuma fades some after cure. It should be perfect for the light scent lovers.

Had a Dream " Soap Nightmare" saw my Grandson walking up stairs holding soap & ( It Wasn't Mine ) I Thought Oh No he doesn't like my soap anymore!! lol. bahaha 🤣🤣🧼💫🙃

On a different "Real Dilemma" Ive got a " Soda Ash Problem" thats returned UGH' Im not liking it' I'm gonna try to figure out why all a sudden its back...

Apart from a very educational attempt at the challenge, I discovered that my planer can also be used for beveling, and beveled all the things.

View attachment 55746
This is the batch of Zany's no slime Castile I made on the 8th of March. It's simple but it's so pretty! Definitely up there on my list of favourite soaps.
Soap looks so perfect & pretty. 🧼💫

I try hard to make nice pictures for my Instagram page. It is not for sale though. It is for markets. When I apply to attend a craft event, I send my soap page to an owner of event. Last 2 times I was not accepted. I feel soooo sad. If anyone has time, please, take a look at my page, what I can improve there? My name on Instagram is exotictravelsoap.

I think your soap is beautiful. Ive never tried to sale at a craft market' I'm shocked to know your soap has to pass an inspection upon being accepted wow !

I think your soap is beautiful. Ive never tried to sale at a craft market' I'm shocked to know your soap has to pass an inspection upon being accepted wow !
Some shows/events are "juried" meaning they want to see pics of your products and possibly your booth set up before they accept you. A lot of shows will also have limits on how many types of products they will allow so one area doesn't becomes over saturated. Once a product type gets "full" (like soap/jewelry/pottery) they may not accept any more applications.

Well despite it being a long weekend, I only made one batch of soap today and it was a tiny one first thing in the morning! Challenge attempt so I can't show it 🤫
But I did a bunch of soap related things.
I learned how to make cute little bags that fit one bar of soap.
View attachment 55781

The butcher told me he's been just throwing out loads of fat that he can't use! So I got more from him today and a promise of a whole box next week.
And I made a prototype soap cutter box to address some of the things I didn't like about the one I bought. For a start this one is a lot bigger!
View attachment 55782
It can eat the other one whole 🤣
View attachment 55783

How nice to get Tallow" I called a local butcher & asked if they sold tallow & they didn't, I'll try another meat market. Tallow is so expensive @ staters bro's super market its like 8-9 bucks for 8oz.

The only soapy thing today was at my work, a food pantry, I received 3 cases of soap loaf ends from my loyal soapmaker donor! Like 60 pounds! Our clients will appreciate the high quality soap. If you own BM Soap Company and are on this forum, bless you!
So very nice of them. 💫🧼

I’m still not to the point of selling soaps, but I do label everything I give away. Right now, the sizes are a bit of a hodge podge because I’m still undecided about cut widths for logs out of my various molds. There’s something very satisfying about having labelled soap in neat rows.

View attachment 55780

Your soap looks "amazing" 💫🧼🤗

I made soap so today was a good day! A friend of a relative liked my "cocorange" lotion bars and wants a similar soap. So armed with great tips from you all -- especially @HowieRoll, thank you -- I came up with a recipe. Several firsts including using sugar in my lye solution (to boost lather since I'm using 30% cocoa butter) and benzoin resinoid for scent. I also used orange 10X essential oil. Since I wanted an orange bar, I used red palm oil at 5%.
It's part of my alternating wall pour series with baking cocoa as a "mica" line in between layers.
Everything is cozy under towels for the night.

Sound's like your soap is gonna smell amazing. I bet the colors turn out nice too.

I got these super cute mini crates from Michaels Online and im going to make them into little gift boxes. I believe they will hold 3 bars of soap and a soap dish.
View attachment 55767

Now Im getting ready to make soap using Cedar Sage & Lavender FO from Midwest Fragrance. Hubby likes it oob so we'll see what it smells like in soap.

Edit: Here is the pour of Cedar Sage & Lavender. It behaved well. I tried to do a marblish mica top swirl. We will see what it looks like when its cut on top of the individual bars. The scent reminds me of mens deorderant. not over powering but nice.

View attachment 55768

Stunning' 🧼💫

I made my first ever batches of soap this weekend! A handsoap kit from WSP in Pumpkin coconut cream, and a melt and pour batch in sugared Strawberry from Nurture Soap. My home health aid came today, and took two bars of the soap and one of the bottles. She wanted to show it off to her neighbors and ask if any of them wanted to buy some. I felt bad telling her she couldn't do that since I'm not selling my soaps.
Congrats on your 1st soap! very special indeed you'll never forget your first bar soap. 🧼💫🤗

I have to agree with @Zing, this stuff is amazing! I haven't had great success with BA, however, so I purchased mine from MakeYourOwn.Buzz, aka TheChemistryConnection.com, aka SaveOnCitric.com. All three of those sites are owned by the same folks, apparently, but the prices and shipping can differ, so it's worth comparing all three. I've also purchased MFSO from WSP before, but they take soooo long that by the time it arrives, I don't remember what I planned to make (seriously!). So I rarely order from them anymore.
Great tip' im gonna check them out... Always searching for them deals. Ive noticed Butters have gone up in price!.

Some shows/events are "juried" meaning they want to see pics of your products and possibly your booth set up before they accept you. A lot of shows will also have limits on how many types of products they will allow so one area doesn't becomes over saturated. Once a product type gets "full" (like soap/jewelry/pottery) they may not accept any more applications.
Thats understandable. On my bucket list' 💫🧼🤗

Thats understandable. On my bucket list' 💫🧼🤗
I haven't been rejected yet but I also try to apply early. Doing shows are really fun and it's nice to be able to interact with customers in person (I also sell online). At one of the shows we did this March a couple came into our booth and said as they were walking around they were wondering if anyone was selling soap and then they looked up and saw our sign and were so happy. Moments like that make all the hard work worth it. We've got two more shows lined up for this month - yay!

Attachments

• craft show booth.jpg
    craft show booth.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 34
I haven't been rejected yet but I also try to apply early. Doing shows are really fun and it's nice to be able to interact with customers in person (I also sell online). At one of the shows we did this March a couple came into our booth and said as they were walking around they were wondering if anyone was selling soap and then they looked up and saw our sign and were so happy. Moments like that make all the hard work worth it. We've got two more shows lined up for this month - yay!
Your booth is beautiful & inviting' I'd defiantly want to stop & shop. 💫🧼🤗

Your booth is beautiful & inviting' I'd defiantly want to stop & shop. 💫🧼🤗
Thanks! It looked better with the lighting but I didn't have it up yet in that pic. We (my mom and I run the business together) work hard doing practice set ups and I think we finally have a good look/design down now. I'm excited for our next show (Apr 17th) because it's the first one where I'll have some of my CP drop swirl soaps for sale. I hope they'll be really eye catching.

Attachments

• IMG_1402.JPG
    IMG_1402.JPG
    215.7 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 31
Thanks! It looked better with the lighting but I didn't have it up yet in that pic. We (my mom and I run the business together) work hard doing practice set ups and I think we finally have a good look/design down now. I'm excited for our next show (Apr 17th) because it's the first one where I'll have some of my CP drop swirl soaps for sale. I hope they'll be really eye catching.
I gotta zoom in on your pictures. Best of luck I'm sure your soap will be beautiful. 🧼💫
Update: your soap swirls are beautiful... 🤗🧼💫.

I gotta zoom in on your pictures. Best of luck I'm sure your soap will be beautiful. 🧼💫
Update: your soap swirls are beautiful... 🤗🧼💫.
Thanks! I was really surprised how easy it is to do the drop swirls and get such a neat look (which is why I have made so many that way - ha!). I really haven't had much luck with in the pot swirls but I love the drop swirl!!!

Beautiful!!!

I try hard to make nice pictures for my Instagram page. It is not for sale though. It is for markets. When I apply to attend a craft event, I send my soap page to an owner of event. Last 2 times I was not accepted. I feel soooo sad. If anyone has time, please, take a look at my page, what I can improve there? My name on Instagram is exotictravelsoap.
Your soap looks great. Are they giving a reason? Do they have too many soap sellers? It could be that simple. Try other markets!

Latest posts

Back