What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have soaping spatulas, lots of spatulas.... but those mini ones! OMG! I need those!

I wonder if you can knead it in the kitchen aide with the dough hook? Probably not if it’s a small batch, but I might try it next time. My hands were killing me just squishing leftover soap in to small “planet” balls last night! I don’t even like kneading bread dough when I bake! Lol!

It does take some strength in your hands to knead it. These were only 4 oz cavity molds for each color, so it wouldn’t work but maybe in a large batch. Would love to hear your results if you try it.

Great minds! :D

I’ve been looking at those for a while now. They will be great to get the last bit of soap batter out of the funnel pitcher pouring spout

@violets2217 you may be interested in the experiment I just finished then!

I'm very tired so will let the pictures speak for themselves... 🤭

View attachment 54931 View attachment 54932

It does take some strength in your hands to knead it. These were only 4 oz cavity molds for each color, so it wouldn’t work but maybe in a large batch. Would love to hear your results if you try it.
The thing I’m liking about pouring into the ziplock baggies is that I only massage what I’m going to use at a time now. The rest seems to be keeping well when I reseal and squeeze the air out. Because it’s kind of flat it’s easy to break a piece off to massage, as needed. Also, the bags flat on my cold counter really prevent gelling.

Attachments

• ECE534D0-89F7-4DE0-BAA4-2789A6256EF8.jpeg
    ECE534D0-89F7-4DE0-BAA4-2789A6256EF8.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 37
Snap! Same colour and everything!

Edit: finally revived enough to share the outcome of my transparent soap test - it was fascinating! At least, I think it's fascinating, but I'm easily fascinated...

I was trying to do an ombre pour, starting with transparent and then two or 3 layers of increasing shades of purple on top. The soap was very liquid and I was using a pipette to put the coloured layers on top but they kept breaking through anyway. I was a bit annoyed but I put it all in and went to bed.

This morning I found that all the colour had sunk to the bottom! So I got just the effect I was aiming for, but upside down 😆
IMG_20210310_110712.jpg IMG_20210310_112320.jpg

Last edited:
I computered a thing!!! Usually the hubs makes my labels. But I’m gearing up to have a few front labels printed and just making scent or ingredient labels at home. So, I label a bushel of samples for my first farmers market. (If I get accepted.) packaged and labels several batches of soaps, did their photo shoot, stocked my garage store, and will upload them to my website tonight. (Or maybe tomorrow. I’m beat!) WHEW!
And tomorrow will probably be a big prepping day.

Attachments

• BA2A32DD-F99A-4C9B-8C2F-95CF0A008D56.jpeg
    BA2A32DD-F99A-4C9B-8C2F-95CF0A008D56.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 34
  • EF7338F7-849D-4516-AC59-D9BDD72C6B3E.jpeg
    EF7338F7-849D-4516-AC59-D9BDD72C6B3E.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 37
Got up early and made use of the transparent soap and soap dough I've been making over the past few days to make these pretties:
1615460504362.png 1615460553037.png

They may not be the most practical soaps, but I have to say I'm very pleased with how they came out! The geodes are lavender and peppermint scented (if anyone has a better scent for 'rocks' I'd love some inspiration 🤭 ) and the crystals are unscented.

Whew my rush to fulfill the order for my mom is finished and I even have enough product to offer some for friends.
It's 6 different M&Ps.
A wine soap, a coffee soap, a blue candy soap (you know the flavour/smell;)), a herb EO aloe soap, crisp apple baking soda soap, and a mint marshmallow texture soap that's just so fun.
I didn't have enough gloves to make a cp batch recently so I had to wait for them to arrive first. Ordered myself a face shield while I was at it too that will be fun. I also got some soy wax to try. But first I got to clean and reorganize my space. Safety first.
20210306_011452.jpg
20210306_125829.jpg
20210306_011418.jpg

I finally upgraded from Soapmaker 3 Lite to the Pro - 2 days later I'm still trying to input everything that needs to be input! What a job! If I'm lucky I'm about halfway through... best get back to it! 😨

Got up early and made use of the transparent soap and soap dough I've been making over the past few days to make these pretties:
View attachment 54954 View attachment 54955

They may not be the most practical soaps, but I have to say I'm very pleased with how they came out! The geodes are lavender and peppermint scented (if anyone has a better scent for 'rocks' I'd love some inspiration 🤭 ) and the crystals are unscented.
Wow! Very nice!

Wow! Very nice!
Thanks! They were a lot of fun to make :) I don't know how often I'll be doing something like this though, it was days and days to get the various elements prepped :rolleyes:
Probably at least one more version anyway, since I got a lot of ideas of how to improve the process while working on these! 😆

View attachment 54954 View attachment 54955

I bought an e-class tutorial for crystal soap making. This are near on my learn to make list. GREAT job! They are absolutely beautiful. Other scents for rocks (honestly could be whatever!) woody smells, or citrus too.

So here is the results of the soap dough I made Saturday. Unmolded yesterday, wrapped it in plastic and kneaded it today. Great consistency. I’m very happy with the result of this Sorcery Soap recipe. My hands are a little tired because I plugged away and got all 9 bars, 36 oz of soap kneaded and wrapped within an hour. Now to think about how I will use it...

View attachment 54874
Which recipe did you use out of her books. I have her vegan one, wanted the animal one but it was a gift so can't be too picky. Am dying to try making soap dough along with about a million other things!

I made a couple lip balms batches. Had my 13 year old design labels for them - she did a much better job than I did! So now she's officially on lip balm label design duty, lol.

I got my new KD scale on Tuesday, so I played with that last night. It's so shiny!

Today my scrub labels and Soapers Choice order will be arriving, so hopefully will get scrubs done tonight. Tomorrow will be setting up for the weekend market, my first in over 6 months so I'm a tad bit nervous about it. Hoping that next week will be making all the stuff that sold out over the weekend, haha.

Sea buckthorn oil, persimmon puree, nutmeg bar

Pine, activated carbon, nutmeg bar

Honey, sheep milk, oats

Attachments

• PXL_20210311_034903578.jpg
    PXL_20210311_034903578.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20210310_224552856.jpg
    PXL_20210310_224552856.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210311_122727727.jpg
    PXL_20210311_122727727.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 17
  • PXL_20210311_024734892.jpg
    PXL_20210311_024734892.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210310_130615888.jpg
    PXL_20210310_130615888.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 23
Whew my rush to fulfill the order for my mom is finished and I even have enough product to offer some for friends.
It's 6 different M&Ps.
A wine soap, a coffee soap, a blue candy soap (you know the flavour/smell;)), a herb EO aloe soap, crisp apple baking soda soap, and a mint marshmallow texture soap that's just so fun.
I didn't have enough gloves to make a cp batch recently so I had to wait for them to arrive first. Ordered myself a face shield while I was at it too that will be fun. I also got some soy wax to try. But first I got to clean and reorganize my space. Safety first.
I missed this - very pretty and really like the packaging of the little heart soaps!

@Tara your soap is beautiful!!! I thought they were real crystals. 🤗🧼💫

Today Made a loaf of soap' scented it with lost of citrus EO'S & I forgot to add my Canola & Castor oil!!! ugh 🙃 so disappointed' about 4 oz of oil missing from soap. Im afraid its gonna be lye heavy? well its the waiting game' its getting happy in the cupboard will check in the morning.. Hopefully the confetti will work a miracle lol 😃👍🏼🤣:
Update' I trashed the soap, however I'm surprised it wasn't worse then what I thought' It had lots of soda ash & brittle' but no active lye! which is most surprising considering SF was at 3%. Chalk it up for another lesson learned. " If SF was Higher It could of been saved" maybe?.

Back