What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut my Easter (sort of) themed soap. I think I did a decent job on the design and except for the yellow being a bit brighter than I wanted, I like the colours.

Easter2.jpg

Official new strategy for my racing mind when i cant fall asleep, works well! Plan soap making in my head. This has been helping me a few times recently when I had a lot on my mind or was anxious. Give the old grey matter something to work on, but that is relaxing. Anybody else do this?
#soapingiscoping
Doesn't everyone do this?!

Official new strategy for my racing mind when i cant fall asleep, works well! Plan soap making in my head. This has been helping me a few times recently when I had a lot on my mind or was anxious. Give the old grey matter something to work on, but that is relaxing. Anybody else do this?
#soapingiscoping
Get a pen and notebook as well, and write those ideas down!! I have my pen and pad with me at all times, and anytime an idea comes to me I write it down, and then, time permitting, try to elaborate on that idea. It helps as well, and then there's no fear of forgetting a great idea!! :)

My Mom just got a heat press & I sooo want to make a #soapingiscoping t-shirts! LOL!!!
The hashtag I use on IG is #soapingforsanity similar sentiments. I’m a M, btw.

New soap dough recipe is good so far, except the black with AC is a tiny bit dry and crumbly. Hopefully it still worked, but it may be worth it to get some black oxide or mica.
Did a practice loaf with layers and embeds. Hoping that the layers will let me be more precise with my embed placement. Otherwise they tend to float around. Hoping my crumbly black still makes a good solid design. The ultrasound says my lump is probably a cyst. And, I found yet another FO from NS that I love! Avalon, smells like apples and magic. It behaved really well.

Get a pen and notebook as well, and write those ideas down!! I have my pen and pad with me at all times, and anytime an idea comes to me I write it down, and then, time permitting, try to elaborate on that idea. It helps as well, and then there's no fear of forgetting a great idea!! :)
I can’t remember what I’m supposed to do tomorrow, but I can’t forget my soaping ideas! 😆
An idea notebook is pretty interesting though. I keep fairly detailed notes on my soaps I actually make. Except just now I made a batch of soap and refused to write down anything. Basic ingredients were prepped, and the rest I was just in the moment. We. Shall. See...

I'm recovering from the first round of PT and debating which of these FO samples I should try second. I bought Garden Mint and Cucumber, Green Clover and Aloe, NG Cotton and Blossom, NG Vanilla Sandalwood, Blue Agave, and 4 Leaf Clover. I might test them in that order since I don't think I like the first one OOB (so sweet).

I’m thinking something simple like this.... must be long sleeve to protect the arms while soaping! 😂
View attachment 54779
cool logo' 💫👍🏼

TashaBird I must of missed something' anyhow glad your lump is probably a cyst. I'd like to try that FO. Its hard to find an apple scent that smells good. IMHO. 👍🏼💫😉

Back