What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just added a little M&P rose and petals to it and I love the way it looks! View attachment 54702
So Beautiful šŸ§¼šŸ¤—šŸ’«

So silly and cute! And I love Smell the Rainbow from NS!!
I said when I got the 3.5ā€x3.5ā€ mold that Iā€™d only fill it 3/4 full. But that hasnā€™t happened to many times yet.
It keeps cracking me up that on the days Iā€™m struggling w my mental health the most, the more outrageously silly, cute, whimsical, comical, colorful, cheery my soaps seem to be.
#soapingiscoping
I expect the colors will brighten a bit as it dries.
AND my new batch of soap dough is dough, not DOH!
Oh That Soooo Darn Adorable' šŸ’«šŸ§¼šŸ›

Today I spent much of my time reading your opinions /advise & giving us a glimpse of your personal live's & viewing your beautiful soap creations, great day. Thx šŸ¤—šŸ§¼šŸ’«

I'm still going to do a spin-off based on the challenge technique and hopefully I'll get my kill room set up this weekend to practice. I've already poured a slab for a trial run; I was very inspired by a tweedy effect I saw on the thread about confetti soap and I'm loving how it comes out!
IMG_20210304_131505.jpg

Hopefully today I'll get to make a batch of soap dough for the purposes of playing around with it and not generating any new bars that need to be stored somewhere! I'm curious to test the effects of Tylose for thickening liquid soap and maybe in the dough as well, for science!

And I got a delivery of some new stuff (sodium lactate, stearin, etc.) to keep me entertained just in case I manage to get bored amongst all that!

I almost went to bed without showing you all my terrible soap cuts from last night batch LOL. There is nothing pretty about it LOL. Don't tell me that somebody somewhere will find beauty in it, they wont. In person it looks like there is mold in it. My friend said that he didn't like the weird flesh colored parts LMBO. I think that if I had stirred it up a bit more, it might have had a galaxy look.

Without further adieu, please enjoy...Beach, by Kim

View attachment 54685

Well the picture does not do it justice then as it looks very good to me! Having said that I've had soaps that I think look pretty bad yet the pictures don't tell the true story!:D

Okay, I get that the intention and the outcome are a mismatch, and I cannot see it in person. But I am the somebody somewhere that likes it. Looks like marble.
Ok, you know what? I love it! I live near the ocean so see many storms rolling in. A stormy ocean is exactly what that looks like and if you (I) ever TRY to make my bars look like a stormy ocean, I couldn't do that good a job! Seriously, I think that's great!

Trying to push myself out of my funk. Melted fats for a MB to start playing around with the March challenge. Using the same recipe for the February challenge because it was so nice to work with. Thatā€™s all I got so far today. Maybe by the end of this sunny day Iā€™ll actually have made soap......

Also made a small batch of my go-to recipe minus castor oil. Want to see exactly how much, at 5%, it adds to soap. Only making a 100g (of fats) batch and making two bars in my cavity mold.

Trying to push myself out of my funk. Melted fats for a MB to start playing around with the March challenge. Using the same recipe for the February challenge because it was so nice to work with. Thatā€™s all I got so far today. Maybe by the end of this sunny day Iā€™ll actually have made soap......
Ugh - those funks. I just heard a country song yesterday while flipping through the stations. Something about some days we're just getting by and some days we're alive. Sounds silly now that I've typed it, but it gave me a lift just knowing I wasn't weird for being in a funk myself on a beautiful sunny day. Puuuuuussssshhhhh! :)

Iā€™m fragrance testing some Daystar fragrances today. They seem very light so far šŸ˜¬ I hope the scents develop more while curing...they smell so good OOB.

Trying to do too many things today. I knew I had to get this soap made if itā€™ll be ready for Motherā€™s Day. But, I just was not feeling it. Dug deep, got er done. Love the maiden rose FO from NS! Made these roses w dough in a tiny little fondant mold over a few weeks.
The rubber at the base of my stick blender is disintegrating. So, as much as Iā€™d hoped to make the soap Iā€™m excited about tonight, itā€™ll have to wait. Guess Iā€™ll check bed bath and beyond tomorrow, or target for a new one.

Attachments

• A3370CA7-B709-458A-9012-D3880FBADB69.jpeg
    A3370CA7-B709-458A-9012-D3880FBADB69.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 53EFD418-7C0F-4330-A2F9-5B20C7D1CE7F.jpeg
    53EFD418-7C0F-4330-A2F9-5B20C7D1CE7F.jpeg
    184.3 KB · Views: 15
Trying to push myself out of my funk.
Ugh - those funks.
OMG. I just realized this is the first year in ... 3 or 4 years where I have not had the soap funks in January and February. Years past this was a real thing that several months - always seems to be at the beginning of the year - I have hated soap, soapmaking, and everything soap related. This year I did not have that problem! So, sorry @The_Phoenix if I gave you my funk this year.

Tonight I am putting away soap stuff to focus on B&B for an upcoming market. I mean it this time. Those sugar scrubs and lotions are not going to make themselves, so I need to do it.

Been at work for 11 hours today, bored outta my mind! Watching acrylic pours of all kinds and was on an Ariane Arsenault youtube video kick today! She's way too happy for me! LOL All the time! Just what I needed! I love her videos! But found my way to this video and thought it might be helpful!

Ariane Arsenault

I've tried quite a few different reuseable DIY liners for my molds and alway go back to freezer paper & this is the coolest way I've seen yet!

I am beveling, polishing, and wrapping a bunch of soaps in an attempt to clear out my soap curing room in order to make it back into my sewing room LOL. And by wrapping, I mean I am just putting into bags and heat sealing them. I don't have time to shrink wrap them all atm. At least I get them half done LOL. I am up to about 100.

I have started using my planer as my beveling tool of choice...I just hold the bar at an angle and run it through. Up until now, I have really made some bad bevels and I destroy soap with the potato peeler. I saw this on a video (using the planer) and gave it a shot, and it works so much nicer for me.

Don't know if I will make soap tonight. I hoped to do so, but my main mission tonight was to get as many soaps out of that room as I possibly could. Right now I am storing them in a cabinet, but I plan on relocating to the OTHER bedroom, but I need some shelving and am hesitant to buy any until we close on the house, which if all goes as planned, should be March 8th!!! It was supposed to be the 1st, then moved to the 16th, now to the 8th.

I made a batch of soap dough last night, and this morning I have to start work early, so I got up extra early and made some pebbles :)

IMG_20210305_085528.jpg IMG_20210305_091258.jpg

They're a little bit rough and fingerprinty right now, but I think once they've hardened and I can polish them up a bit, they'll be just what I was going for.

Official new strategy for my racing mind when i cant fall asleep, works well! Plan soap making in my head. This has been helping me a few times recently when I had a lot on my mind or was anxious. Give the old grey matter something to work on, but that is relaxing. Anybody else do this?
#soapingiscoping
Yes! I sometimes use colored pencils to draw my design and figure out what color scheme I actually want.
Also, I love coming up with new recipes. The possibility of it all, the reliability of math, the (slight) mystery of what it will actually be like... It might wear off eventually, but I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

Back