What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's gonna be a very scrubby soap indeed. Are those espresso or regular?
Espresso, it's the leftover grounds from our coffee machine, broken up, dried out at low temperature in the oven then sifted to remove any bigger pieces. I may have gotten a little carried away with the dosage though! I'll see how it comes out and I might trim off some of the scrubby part if its really excessive.

So with the greatest help from all my peeps here, I am collecting ingredients and supplies for a requested "Cocorange" soap and a duped lip butter. I appreciate all the suggestions on vendors and products, new surprises are delivered daily. Today I actually found and bought a palette knife and little cups -- call me Tree Mario. Lots o' money spent and I'm happy about it! I don't have a problem! Do you gotta problem with that?!

@Mobjack Bay I shamelessly copied your brilliant idea of using dividers to make a confetti soap. So much easier than making separate small batches and waiting for a layer to set up! i used Rose Garden from WSP in this soap and it smells sooooo nice, and I’m not really a rose scent fan. Thank you for sharing the idea!
Easier and so pretty. A winning combination!

I spent money I shouldn't have on soaping/cooking oils and FO samples.
No problem here' Yesterday I ordered a Planer from amazon received it today free shipping' yay & a Silicone soap mold and M&P from BB & a small silicone soap mold from Esty. Ive gotta spread the love..
You're not alone.. 💫🧼

Last edited:
I just got a work bonus and immediately started making a soapy list of what I'll be buying. No problem here either. ;)
A loved one sent me AirPods as a Christmas present via Amazon. Since I already had a pair, I returned the gifted AirPods and used the Amazon credit to buy LOTS of soapy things.

I'm positive that the gift giver would be elated to know I ended up with several gifts that gave me so much joy.

Besides, I could stop any time I want to, so this is definitely not a problem.

Lots o' money spent and I'm happy about it! I don't have a problem! Do you gotta problem with that?!
Yesterday my son brought me a package delivered and I had no idea what it was... It was quite exciting opening it up! And tomorrow I'm finally getting a WSP order from beginning of February! But yet I still have a list of soapy stuff I NEED?!?!?! Remember me panicking late last year that I ordered 10lbs of lye and couldn't imagine using that much in my lifetime? I'm down to 2 lbs and want to order more! Yep! no problem here....:oops::rolleyes:

So between my last post and now, I have also ordered silicone measuring cups, long-spouted measuring cups, and more stainless measuring spoons (I never have enough and I'm done with plastic). Now I'm stopping for the night. See? No problem here, nothing to look at, just keep walking, I can stop at anytime, easy-peasy.

Remember me panicking late last year that I ordered 10lbs of lye and couldn't imagine using that much in my lifetime? I'm down to 2 lbs and want to order more! Yep! no problem here....:oops::rolleyes:
No, I don't remember that, because I was too busy being concerned about the *yuge* masterbatch of lye solution I'd just made, and wondering when I'd ever use THAT up (along with the 32lbs of lye I purchased). Now I'm on my third master batch of lye solution and am down to about 6lbs of lye.

To anyone who wants to get all judge-y about that: you're the one with the problem!

Last edited:
No, I don't remember that, because I was too busy being concerned about the *yuge* masterbatch of lye solution I'd just made, and wondering when I'd ever use THAT up (along with the 32lbs of lye I purchased). Now I'm on my third master batch of lye solution and am down to about 6lbs of lye.

I'd say it's the folks who want to get all judge-y about that who have the problem!

Right? 😂😂😂

Stop, I've done enough shopping recently, I don't need any more temptation! 😆

I did some early soapy stuff this morning, my gardener's soap was solid so I practiced my cutting techniques on it. In fact it was very very solid (which I hope bodes well for the durability of the cured bars?) so despite trying with the wire cutter, and the bladed cheese cutter, I ended up getting the best results from a long kitchen knife and a mitre block.

IMG_20210303_080921.jpg

The colours are going a bit funny in the middle, I used liquid soap colouring on its own and I guess it's not temperature stable maybe? In any case I'm not too worried about the aesthetics for this one!

The absolute best thing so far is the smell! I went quite light on the oils, and washed the tallow, and it's just so... wholesome. It smells like a hot porridge on a chilly spring morning with the breeze from the garden wafting in through the window 🥴 I really really hope it lasts, at least long enough for me to use it up!
IMG_20210303_091455.jpg

Last edited:
I made these soaps using Zany's No Slime Castile recipe.

Single molds: 100% olive oil

Wooden mold: 85% olive oil, 10% ex virgin coconut oil & 5% castor.

Both came out beautiful 😍. I can't wait to try these soaps.

Thank you, Zany for sharing the great recipe!

Attachments

• 20210221_195649.jpg
    20210221_195649.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210221_195557.jpg
    20210221_195557.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210221_090856.jpg
    20210221_090856.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210221_195229.jpg
    20210221_195229.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I almost went to bed without showing you all my terrible soap cuts from last night batch LOL. There is nothing pretty about it LOL. Don't tell me that somebody somewhere will find beauty in it, they wont. In person it looks like there is mold in it. My friend said that he didn't like the weird flesh colored parts LMBO. I think that if I had stirred it up a bit more, it might have had a galaxy look.

Without further adieu, please enjoy...Beach, by Kim

failed ricing soap.jpg

I almost went to bed without showing you all my terrible soap cuts from last night batch LOL. There is nothing pretty about it LOL. Don't tell me that somebody somewhere will find beauty in it, they wont. In person it looks like there is mold in it. My friend said that he didn't like the weird flesh colored parts LMBO. I think that if I had stirred it up a bit more, it might have had a galaxy look.

Without further adieu, please enjoy...Beach, by Kim

View attachment 54685
I presume it's not what you were going for, given what you're saying about it, but actually I think it looks very cool! It makes me think of some kind of alien rock formation (is it alive or just part of the planet? who knows?!)

Back