What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for this suggestion. I am going to buy them. I get it with being frugal and all, but I have purchased spatulas from the dollar store, and they served me well, but they have ridges and are a pain to clean. Plus the rubber comes off when I am washing them. These look like what I want.
I buy the majority of my supplies from the Dollar Store as well. I also bought these to scrape out squeeze bottles. I’m not a fan of using plastic packing sleeves as inserts because they are a pain.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08SWFMGB2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A37GZVPO8C7GOX&psc=1

I buy the majority of my supplies from the Dollar Store as well. I also bought these to scrape out squeeze bottles. I’m not a fan of using plastic packing sleeves as inserts because they are a pain.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B08SWFMGB2/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A37GZVPO8C7GOX&psc=1
If you ever see something like this, buy it! THE best thing for scraping out jars and bottles. This is one of my favourite kitchen tools.

20210226_081530.jpg 20210226_081548.jpg

Went to a hobby&art market 30 km away (which is much for a single shopping for me) and bought things I've been longing to buy: more EO's and FO's, silicone mouldmaking compound for more moulds to make soap bars for my grandsons (and the granddaughter), some colouring agents that are not explicitely for CP but have proved to behave well, and also some candle making materials. Besides - the sun is shining and life looks so interesting and charming LA VITA E BELLA 🙃

Well I was inspired by everyone being so impressed with my baking tin and decided to push it a bit further!

They're kind of blobby, but undeniably tree-shaped! I'll definitely be practicing this technique some more.
Fantastic! Thanks very much for posting your experiment, complete with pics. Yes, indeed, those are trees! 😍

Thanks Jersey Girl! I got mine in a local kitchen store. My former mother-in-law bought me one years ago when she visited the Netherlands and I was heartbroken when it broke.

You’re welcome. Thank you for sharing the idea with us. It’s going on my loooooong list of must haves! 😁

I made soap a couple of days back... Been so busy just now was able to take pics. Here are the bars that show the most contrast lol the rest are just meh..
View attachment 54339
HP triple butter (shea, Cocoa and mango) and avocado oil, colored with manjistha/madder infusion and TD in 3 amounts/shades. You will be able to see stearic spots, air bubbles and even glycerin rivers in this soap hehehe

The camera, screen or the sun is weird today lol it's more pink than salmony in real..

Used my new(ish) 20 bar mold and holy c*** it was heavy... Very difficult to do my usual smacking n banging and it took forever to fill lol

very funky groovy, I like it!

Im in love with the colour I got on these! In bamboo and teak scent. I wish I had more of the poo mold. They look more like cupcake toppers. The possibilities of soap sets and I have a cone mold too.

Also. How has this thread gone on for 7 years now. So much knowledge and soaps and help and wonderful people here.

Attachments

• IMG_20210225_221308_888.jpg
    IMG_20210225_221308_888.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210225_221328_929.jpg
    IMG_20210225_221328_929.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 9
Thank you for this suggestion. I am going to buy them. I get it with being frugal and all, but I have purchased spatulas from the dollar store, and they served me well, but they have ridges and are a pain to clean. Plus the rubber comes off when I am washing them. These look like what I want.
Love them too' I found them at the dollar store too👍🏼💫

Wanted to try out some new fragrance and mica so made a couple more shampoo and conditioner bars! Lol! The mica is Material Girl and fragrance is Persephone’s Kiss, both from Nurture Soap, love them both!

I’m twiddling my thumbs waiting for my WSP order I placed the 14th and it’s still not shipped...

Thinking about trying a rimmed round soap. I might try the kiss pour for the rimmed soap... shouldn’t be too hard!! Lol! Not!

I just need my order to get here!!!
AFA645A8-DAF7-4F3A-B455-F53BC0D037FA.jpeg

I realized a couple days ago that I totally missed my one year Soapaversary! I made my first batch of CP soap on January 31st of 2020. As we all know, 2020 turned out to be a crazy year and I am so happy to have immersed myself in all things soap as it has helped me get through a difficult time. The first picture is of my first week‘s creations. Second picture is one month later. I had been bitten by the soaping bug bad! I’ve come a long way in this journey and I give so much credit to the members here for sharing their knowledge and their friendship. Thank you all. ♥
C57E6EDE-4ACF-4DCB-A224-C85D8DAEB169.png
C5DA057D-C61D-4D31-9646-C89A05FF5AEB.png

@Jersey Girl look at the Taiwan Swirls, in your first month no less! You’re a natural. Congratulations on the soap-aversary.

A friend at work stopped me in the hall today to tell me how much her grandkids love washing their hands when they come to visit her. I’ve given her a bunch of soap, and apparently the little ones are totally fascinated by a solid bar that makes bubbles with water.

I’m spending some time this month making confetti soap, including some in “exotic” (for me) color combinations. I just finished a batch that went into the mold I bought for the TC challenge. I used 1 divider, put confetti in 2/3 of the mold and batter without confetti in 1/3. I feel so clever, especially if I end up with a reasonably straight line between the layers.

Last edited:
@Jersey Girl

I’m spending some time this month making confetti soap, including some in “exotic” (for me) color combinations. I just finished a batch that went into the mold I bought for the TC challenge. I used 1 divider, put confetti in 2/3 of the mold and batter without confetti in 1/3. I feel so clever, especially if I end up with a reasonably straight line between the layers.
Can’t wait to see it! Am planning to make confetti soap myself...

Your soap is beautiful' Happy SoapAnniversary... 🤗🧼💫

Wanted to try out some new fragrance and mica so made a couple more shampoo and conditioner bars! Lol! The mica is Material Girl and fragrance is Persephone’s Kiss, both from Nurture Soap, love them both!

I’m twiddling my thumbs waiting for my WSP order I placed the 14th and it’s still not shipped...

Thinking about trying a rimmed round soap. I might try the kiss pour for the rimmed soap... shouldn’t be too hard!! Lol! Not!

I just need my order to get here!!!
View attachment 54482
Beautiful color' I just received this color from NS & I made soap using Persephone's Kiss NS for the first time, its a soft floral scent, I wish it was a little stronger. 🤗👍🏼💫

Back