What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Packaged a couple orders for shipping and researching stuff for potentially doing a farmers market booth. It’s super intimidating, and I haven’t done anything like that before. Honestly, I’m not sure I even know how to people anymore.
Not a ton of soapy things today. But, I just want to say how much I appreciate this group. This soap making journey has saved me this last year. And, everyone here has been so helpful, supportive, funny, and kind. Big thanks! :tub:

Packaged a couple orders for shipping and researching stuff for potentially doing a farmers market booth. It’s super intimidating, and I haven’t done anything like that before. Honestly, I’m not sure I even know how to people anymore.
Not a ton of soapy things today. But, I just want to say how much I appreciate this group. This soap making journey has saved me this last year. And, everyone here has been so helpful, supportive, funny, and kind. Big thanks! :tub:
I love doing craft shows! I'm mostly an introvert but it's fun to be able to talk to and interact with customers (I also sell online). I really love decorating the booth/tent space. We have a red and white gingham theme and it's really cute and country (we're Country Lane Goods). We're scheduled to start up with shows again next month (my Mom and I run our business together) and we're really looking forward to it.

I love doing craft shows! I'm mostly an introvert but it's fun to be able to talk to and interact with customers (I also sell online). I really love decorating the booth/tent space. We have a red and white gingham theme and it's really cute and country (we're Country Lane Goods). We're scheduled to start up with shows again next month (my Mom and I run our business together) and we're really looking forward to it.
I love gingham! That’s super cool that you do the show with your mom!

I'm the same. My first market, I was so scared I was almost shaking. But everyone was SO friendly and encouraging. Now, with my 4th year (hopefully) coming up, I'm one of the veterans of the market. When I first started, it was me and my granddaughter; they've since moved away so now it's just me. My husband helps with setup and tear down but the rest is on me. And I love it!

I'm the same. My first market, I was so scared I was almost shaking. But everyone was SO friendly and encouraging. Now, with my 4th year (hopefully) coming up, I'm one of the veterans of the market. When I first started, it was me and my granddaughter; they've since moved away so now it's just me. My husband helps with setup and tear down but the rest is on me. And I love it!
We're still pretty new at shows. We've done about five. We started in Oct 2019 and were planning on doing a full year of shows in 2020 (obviously that didn't happen) but we did end up getting in three near the end of the year. Thankfully we have my stepdad to help us too. He's got a truck and I have an SUV so between us we can tote the tent, tables, and products easily. Other people at the shows have been so helpful to us too and we help others when they need it.

We're still pretty new at shows. We've done about five. We started in Oct 2019 and were planning on doing a full year of shows in 2020 (obviously that didn't happen) but we did end up getting in three near the end of the year. Thankfully we have my stepdad to help us too. He's got a truck and I have an SUV so between us we can tote the tent, tables, and products easily. Other people at the shows have been so helpful to us too and we help others when they need it.
That's what it's all about, isn't it? Community.

I made soap a couple of days back... Been so busy just now was able to take pics. Here are the bars that show the most contrast lol the rest are just meh..
IMG_20210223_145443.jpg

HP triple butter (shea, Cocoa and mango) and avocado oil, colored with manjistha/madder infusion and TD in 3 amounts/shades. You will be able to see stearic spots, air bubbles and even glycerin rivers in this soap hehehe

The camera, screen or the sun is weird today lol it's more pink than salmony in real..

Used my new(ish) 20 bar mold and holy c*** it was heavy... Very difficult to do my usual smacking n banging and it took forever to fill lol

Well, I made my first ever swirl soap... very closely followed by my second swirl since the first one looked lumpy and all kinds of wrong :oops:

But after cutting, I'm actually pretty happy with both of them. There's definitely room for improvement and I need much better equipment (currently using an old soya milk carton as a mould, and cutting with a big old chef's knife) but I think they're at least good enough for gifting for mother's day, which was the objective.

Attachments

• 20210222_143625.jpg
    20210222_143625.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20210222_073125.jpg
    IMG_20210222_073125.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210222_072722.jpg
    IMG_20210222_072722.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 14
  • PXL_20210222_072622697.jpg
    PXL_20210222_072622697.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210222_071842.jpg
    IMG_20210222_071842.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210222_071833.jpg
    IMG_20210222_071833.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210222_071735.jpg
    IMG_20210222_071735.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20210222_071535.jpg
    IMG_20210222_071535.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210222_071528.jpg
    IMG_20210222_071528.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210221_182157.jpg
    IMG_20210221_182157.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 12
Love your studio. I need to tackle a reorganization of my soap space.
Me too! - @TashaBird always makes me feel guilty when I see her lovely and organized space!

Well, I made my first ever swirl soap...
Pretty swirls! What is being used to hold the milk carton mold, please? It looks like something I might need to seek out!

I got my new dehumidifier going in the room with my soaps and it took the humidity level in the room from 45% to 30%! Right now the humidity level outside is 68% (and that will get much higher as we get closer to spring/summer). I'm going to try bath bombs again and hope they'll stay together better.
Wahoo!! I think you also posted that you couldn't get distilled water right now... I think some folks (@Todd Ziegler ??) successfully use the water from their dehumidifiers for soaping. :)

Wahoo!! I think you also posted that you couldn't get distilled water right now... I think some folks (@Todd Ziegler ??) successfully use the water from their dehumidifiers for soaping. :)
That's interesting! I have a little bit of distilled water on hand (I did make a loaf of soap a couple of days ago) but not a lot. Hopefully we'll get stocked up again soon. So many people are still without water (mostly because of burst pipes) or are under boil water restrictions (as we are) statewide that any kind of bottled water is going fast and has limits as to how many you can buy.

That's interesting! I have a little bit of distilled water on hand (I did make a loaf of soap a couple of days ago) but not a lot. Hopefully we'll get stocked up again soon. So many people are still without water (mostly because of burst pipes) or are under boil water restrictions (as we are) statewide that any kind of bottled water is going fast and has limits as to how many you can buy.
Yes, my cousin is in the Arlington area and facing the same thing. Thankfully, she still has water and already had a stock of bottled water for drinking.

@Angie Gail this is a great time to explore alternative liquids like vinegar or AVJ! ;)

@TashaBird glad to hear you have your priorities straight: soap room first, other housework second, no, third. Food is definitely ahead of "other housework."
How would you use AVJ (I guess that's aloe vera juice)? Just substitute it for the same amount of water?

Back