What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uncolored soap made with rice water and bamboo powder for exfoliation. I normall don’t make soap on the weekend but my hubby took a longer-than-expected nap and I just happened to find myself making soap. He is now fully rested and I made soap. It’s a win win! 😁

Attachments

• 353305B8-E382-43BA-9FD9-427F9D7C35D0.jpeg
    353305B8-E382-43BA-9FD9-427F9D7C35D0.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 22
Uncolored soap made with rice water and bamboo powder for exfoliation. I normall don’t make soap on the weekend but my hubby took a longer-than-expected nap and I just happened to find myself making soap. He is now fully rested and I made soap. It’s a win win! 😁
Wowie - what a beautiful white! Did you add anything to encourage/enhance the white? Love it!

@Jersey Girl That soap is gorgeous. I just made a test batch with NS Satsuma earlier this month. I had a wee bit of ricing. Did you have any issues? Do you know how the scent holds up over time?

Haha, here’s a completely different take on an orange soap - from my crunchy line. First, I‘m very happy to report that I survived the triple threat of soy wax, orange wax and an EO blend with 18% ylang ylang. I was mentally prepared for the challenge, had everything lined up perfectly and had the soap in the mold in time to texture the top. The orange scent from the wax is not as bright smelling as orange EO, but it holds better for me than any orange FO or EO I’ve tried. The color here is from the orange wax at 5% of oils plus a little yellow from the shea I used.

View attachment 53691

Thank you! Thats beautiful. I love the stamp! I bought soy wax several months ago but have yet to try it. It’s on the list. Lol. I’ve never heard of orange wax. Will have to research that as it sounds like a great addition to help with the scent. I didn’t have any ricing with the Satsuma. It does fade some over time. Since I make relatively small batches and they go pretty quickly they still smell very nice. As things grow, I may have to think of alternatives as I absolutely love orange and other citrus scents and from my short experience in selling I’m finding people go for those scents more than others.

Thank you! Thats beautiful. I love the stamp! I bought soy wax several months ago but have yet to try it. It’s on the list. Lol. I’ve never heard of orange wax. Will have to research that as it sounds like a great addition to help with the scent. I didn’t have any ricing with the Satsuma. It does fade some over time. Since I make relatively small batches and they go pretty quickly they still smell very nice. As things grow, I may have to think of alternatives as I absolutely love orange and other citrus scents and from my short experience in selling I’m finding people go for those scents more than others.
litsea holds well in my experience

@Mobjack Bay
Wowie - what a beautiful white! Did you add anything to encourage/enhance the white? Love it!
No, nothing. I checked on it earlier and it was fully gelled (still quite hot) and slightly yellowish orange. I came "this" close to adding TD, but I restrained myself. I seem to be on a naked soap kick lately.

I tried making soap dough for the first time! Total failure, it was rock solid after an hour and I couldn't even get the batch out of the container 😭 haha
Did you cover the mold with plastic wrap? I find if im not making enough to fill a standard 1 pound mold, that putting it in silicone muffin cups and wrapping those with plastic wrap works well.

My favorite citrus scent is Blood Orange and Goji Berry from Aztec.

I just put my Paddys Day soap to bed. I will pipe and place embeds in the morning.

@Jersey Girl That soap is gorgeous. I just made a test batch with NS Satsuma earlier this month. I had a wee bit of ricing. Did you have any issues? Do you know how the scent holds up over time?

Haha, here’s a completely different take on an orange soap - from my crunchy line. First, I‘m very happy to report that I survived the triple threat of soy wax, orange wax and an EO blend with 18% ylang ylang. I was mentally prepared for the challenge, had everything lined up perfectly and had the soap in the mold in time to texture the top. The orange scent from the wax is not as bright smelling as orange EO, but it holds better for me than any orange FO or EO I’ve tried. The color here is from the orange wax at 5% of oils plus a little yellow from the shea I used.

View attachment 53691
I love the idea of orange wax! I’ll have to see if I can find some. The orange 10x oil is so dark and fades a lot over time. Ylang Ylang is the only accelerating EO I’ve used. It caught me by surprise the first time!

My favorite citrus scent is Blood Orange and Goji Berry from Aztec.

I just put my Paddys Day soap to bed. I will pipe and place embeds in the morning.

Thank you for the recommendation. I’ll add it to my ever growing list! I did purchase just plain Blood Orange from WSP a while back but haven’t soaped with it yet. Have you soaped with that one?

Thank you for the recommendation. I’ll add it to my ever growing list! I did purchase just plain Blood Orange from WSP a while back but haven’t soaped with it yet. Have you soaped with that one?
Yes, several times. no acceleration or ricing. I did find it heated up a bit more than normal but No cracking or anything.. I would recommend checking the soap after 12 hours, Mine hardened a bit faster as well.

oops thats the aztec one, havent tried WSP

The true green color won't show up but in real life it's bright green. Here is my Paddys Day Soap in the loaf. I used a new piping tip that I won't use again, it just didn't give me the height I was looking for. For those who say they can't pipe soap, you can obviously see I still struggle with it but trust, it can be disguised. 🤣

145432476_745315433089146_1187279690611790212_n.jpg

The true green color won't show up but in real life it's bright green. Here is my Paddys Day Soap in the loaf. I used a new piping tip that I won't use again, it just didn't give me the height I was looking for. For those who say they can't pipe soap, you can obviously see I still struggle with it but trust, it can be disguised. 🤣
Puuurrrdy Paddy soap, I say!

Just tried out the shaving soap recipe donated by @Zany_in_CO and it's very very good.

And it's CP, so I think that's cocks a snook at the HP/stearic acid/tallow school of thought, or at least at the firm belief that CP shaving soaps cannot work, ever ever ever.

And it leaves your skin feeling like a baby's bum...:D
Just tried out the shaving soap recipe donated by @Zany_in_CO and it's very very good.

And it's CP, so I think that's cocks a snook at the HP/stearic acid/tallow school of thought, or at least at the firm belief that CP shaving soaps cannot work, ever ever ever.

And it leaves your skin feeling like a baby's bum...:D
Hi
Made my first batch of shaving soap based on the collective wisdom of SoapMakingForum (which is some pretty heavy duty wisdom), so many many thanks to you all, especially to Zany, whose recipe was the basis for the adventure. Went very well, although there was a bit of a hairy moment when it looked set to solidify before my very eyes, didn't happen though. Now it's in the mould and I'm quietly and slowly stropping my straight razor, waiting for the first shave in 4 weeks time with my super-duper new soap.

Happy soaping, everyone

Good day sirtim100
I just found your post in my hours long search for a cp shave soap. Tried looking for Zany's recipe you refer to but cant find it. WOuld you be so kind as to share it please? I cant find stearic acid and am looking for a recipe without it that still works well. Ps. what did you shave test reveal?

Thank you

View attachment 53691
I'm pretty new here, but I have been looking around for a source of orange wax. Where did you get yours from? Thanks!

View attachment 53720
Nice! Perfect St Patrick’s Day green!

Waiting patiently for my last orders I placed 2 weeks ago to just be shipped already! I have lotion and stuff I want to make for my “mature” skin to be young and beautiful again! Lol! Is it just me or does that descriptive term irk you so much? I just wanna try my hand at lotion again! Anyways... I cut and stamped my avocado soap and organized my soap stuff!
408BEF28-C821-4FED-B11D-4107769F01FB.jpeg

Anyways... I cut and stamped my avocado soap and organized my soap stuff!
I was scrolling by and saw my avocado soap pic really BIG on my monitor. I just noticed that it looks as though I put poppy seeds in the soap, but I only sprinkled on top for decoration. It must be the French Green Clay... yes? Interesting!

I did purchase just plain Blood Orange from WSP
I've used it in my rebatch soap and it holds really well. I haven't used it in CP yet, but I think I remember good reviews.

My soapy stuff from the weekend: 2 batches of beer soap, 60lb oil masterbatched, and 15 sugar scrubs - in addition to networking to expand further into wholesale.

Just for fun, here's some pics from last week's soap adventures....
IMG_20210121_200611.jpg
IMG_20210126_211020.jpg
IMG_20210127_211308.jpg

Latest posts

Back