What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s hard to top this glamour! 😆
I love how you have everything within reach and all so neat and tidy. I’d love to see other’s organizing solutions and soap setups, if people wanted to share. I use husband #1’s wood shop, not quite where I want to be for organization, and no running water, but I totally lose all track of time over there. I just love the whole creative process, even when I get unexpected results. Preaching to the choir I know. ☺️

Yeah coz @Basil is not a bloke.
You know, I didn’t get this at all, because I saw @Basil as the herb name, but in NZ it is probably a more common men’s name - is that right? Or maybe just GB. Don’t want to sound like a dumb American!

5 months ago feels like so long! These salt soaps are so super pretty! I’m kind of heart broken about the red lather and not sure what to do. Some folks don’t mind it, and some actually like it. Maybe if I’m just really clear about it so it’s not a surprise. I’ve learned a lot since I made these!
I don’t get colored lather anymore.

Attachments

• 3350939F-24A8-48A0-BD3D-9F4120517F7E.jpeg
    3350939F-24A8-48A0-BD3D-9F4120517F7E.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 27
  • 8C712567-1218-4307-90F0-680728CC4389.jpeg
    8C712567-1218-4307-90F0-680728CC4389.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 39785CDC-695D-4F6C-B9B4-6E70D58F3D10.png
    39785CDC-695D-4F6C-B9B4-6E70D58F3D10.png
    796.6 KB · Views: 20
Hey can i used expeller pressed coconut oil to make soap?

5 months ago feels like so long! These salt soaps are so super pretty! I’m kind of heart broken about the red lather and not sure what to do. Some folks don’t mind it, and some actually like it. Maybe if I’m just really clear about it so it’s not a surprise. I’ve learned a lot since I made these!
What did you do to not get it anymore? did you reduce the amount of colour?

Bleeding heart soap. :D

Here's my syndet shampoo bars unmolded:
IMG_3065.jpeg

And @Vicki C - Basil is a male's name, but it is rarely used these days. It's very 'old England'. However, it may make a comeback, like to many older names.

Last edited:
Bleeding heart soap. :D

View attachment 53592

And @Vicki C - Basil is a male's name, but it is rarely used these days. It's very 'old England'. However, it may make a comeback, like to many older names.
You. Are. A. Genius!!! Thank you. That’s brilliant!!!

Changing my pull through recipe was an interesting experiment. I should have only changed one thing and not two. It was too thick and moved too fast. Going to try again, comparing my tried and true recipe to a higher tallow%, but not as high as I tried yesterday! Here’s the two 50% batches. The were ready to cut, but the others are still soft so they’re in the freezer.

Attachments

• 16773D81-C88D-4B29-A590-E7FB24B4533C.jpeg
    16773D81-C88D-4B29-A590-E7FB24B4533C.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 8F906012-A4EB-4E7C-996A-2D8FAD02D938.jpeg
    8F906012-A4EB-4E7C-996A-2D8FAD02D938.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 12
  • EDE936DE-12D2-4B34-98C4-08BC8AFC84BC.jpeg
    EDE936DE-12D2-4B34-98C4-08BC8AFC84BC.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 13
It’s hard to top this glamour! 😆
I wish I could be that glamorous! Yesterday my neighbor and his sister came over to get some Hot chocolate bombs and a couple bars of soap. I'd just poured a loaf of soap when my rude dog started barking at them. Scared the crap out of me. When I came back in I looked down and well per usual I was still in my pj's covered in Activated charcoal and mica... I hadn't even put a bra on, I was kinda embarrassed, Then my dog almost tripped me and stole my shoe and I got over it and cleaned my kitchen!
But at least my messy hair was all clean, shiny and smell good! The shampoo and conditioner bars are awesome. I cant brag enough! We all love them in my house. They are pretty fun to make now too! I'm not so intimidated 3rd time around.:rolleyes::D

View attachment 53592
They are just silicone 'muffin' moulds. @JasmineTea I pour mine, not press them.
I'm really intrigued by your syndet shampoo bars that you can pour.
The only recipe I've tried ended up being quite dry and the only way I could get the batter in the mold was to use a LOT of pressure, so much that I'm considering if I like the shampoo bar enough to do all that effort again (and possibly buy a press).
Do you mind if I ask if you got the recipe somewhere?

I wish I could be that glamorous! Yesterday my neighbor and his sister came over to get some Hot chocolate bombs and a couple bars of soap. I'd just poured a loaf of soap when my rude dog started barking at them. Scared the crap out of me. When I came back in I looked down and well per usual I was still in my pj's covered in Activated charcoal and mica... I hadn't even put a bra on, I was kinda embarrassed, Then my dog almost tripped me and stole my shoe and I got over it and cleaned my kitchen!
But at least my messy hair was all clean, shiny and smell good! The shampoo and conditioner bars are awesome. I cant brag enough! We all love them in my house. They are pretty fun to make now too! I'm not so intimidated 3rd time around.:rolleyes::D
Sounds about like how I glamour also. 😆 Are these the recipes from the etsy store DIYbathandbody?

They are just silicone 'muffin' moulds. @JasmineTea I pour mine, not press them.
@TashaBird "Be Still my Bleeding Heart"
Sadly I already made labels for them before this brilliant naming idea. And, also sadly, I don’t feel confident selling them. Even if I give a very clear disclaimer. What if someone gifts them and the recipient is shocked. I could lose a future customer and it’s just not worth it. Mostly I’m out the time, work, and the EOs. I’ll gift them to folks who I know will be ok with the red/pink lather. Great thing about this batch is the essential oil blend lasted really well! Geranium, lavender, orange, ylang ylang, and patchouli. They’re just so pretty!.... sigh.... oh well.

Is it possible the cold humid weather is affecting my soaping?

Back