What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a sample of OT’s Passionfruit Tropicals, so used the whole bottle. The remainder was OT’s Satsuma Guava, and, to lighten and round out the fruitiness a little, NG’s Vanilla Champagne.
Looks beautiful... and I’m wishing I could smell it! Sounds wonderful!

I made a 3 layer lavender soap - special request from a friend, and she wants to buy all the bars.
2DE79934-EC80-4480-ADCC-6B04C6AC0232_1_105_c.jpeg

Is that moonshine in the Mason Jar? :nodding:

Goodness, that is a nice setup.
I wish! I did back to back 4 pull throughs in a row today. First time I’ve done that, and it was a lot!! If I’d been SUI it would not have gone well, at all!
Edit: It’s aloe juice. Not exciting. 😆

I see only problem-solving. If I had this set up, I would basically live in it.
I’m super grateful! I lost my work of 30 years due to covid. My DH helped me make this space in the garage, and I can just lose myself in there. Having this soap studio makes me feel really lucky. There’s a utility sink too! I’ll be spending most of the day at that tomorrow. 😆 not glamorous.

Last edited:
There’s a utility sink too! I’ll be spending most of the day at that tomorrow. 😆 not glamorous.
Um, ya want glamor? Slip on your heels. If you've ever seen movies of homemakers back in the 50's, they did dishes while wearing a house dress and heels -- like in Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver. (Really dating myself here, aren't I. :rolleyes: )

Made carrot soap using @Zany_in_CO’s carrot tissue oil recipe. Also added carrot juice and some rice water. I’m loving the addition of rice water! This is only the second time I did not use a colorant in a soap. Choosing a scent took some thought. Used a combination of BB’s Cocoa Butter Cashmere and NG’s Pumpkin Apple Butter.

Attachments

• 00DB5C06-81A5-40F9-87A6-BDD0E518FF7F.jpeg
    00DB5C06-81A5-40F9-87A6-BDD0E518FF7F.jpeg
    119.7 KB · Views: 22
I spent the afternoon trying to find Sodium Coco Sulfate. I sold all but one of my shampoo bars and I had planned ahead and placed an order 5 days ago. I found out today my SOS order wont even ship until next week. 10 days just to ship?? I cant find it semi reasonably anywhere else. :mad:

Um, ya want glamor? Slip on your heels. If you've ever seen movies of homemakers back in the 50's, they did dishes while wearing a house dress and heels -- like in Father Knows Best and Leave it to Beaver. (Really dating myself here, aren't I. :rolleyes: )
It’s hard to top this glamour! 😆

Attachments

• 00F2E356-0582-46FE-9482-2E0BEF5C4ABD.png
    00F2E356-0582-46FE-9482-2E0BEF5C4ABD.png
    804.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I spent the afternoon trying to find Sodium Coco Sulfate. I sold all but one of my shampoo bars and I had planned ahead and placed an order 5 days ago. I found out today my SOS order wont even ship until next week. 10 days just to ship?? I cant find it semi reasonably anywhere else. :mad:
I just had my Foaming Apple arrive all the way from the USA last week - and it only took two weeks to get here! Shampoo bars on the agenda for this arvo...

I just had my Foaming Apple arrive all the way from the USA last week - and it only took two weeks to get here! Shampoo bars on the agenda for this arvo...
Formulator sample shop? Love that site. Mine have been doing well. I havent tried the foaming apple though. playing around with the conditioner bars though, this trial is with hemp oil.

Latest posts

Back