What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made some lavender Cocobutter lotion bars using my regular Recipe but added some Natrasorb to them, have to say that I am super pleased with how good they feel! Also pressed another mess of bathbombs in lavender, lavender and CBD, Sleepy, and Flower Power. Stressing over my upcoming travels even though I am excited to get to spend 6 weeks in Puerto Rico 😊 ... Just not looking forward to the covid test or the actual travel to get there.

@JoyfulSudz I like them! You could paint some eyes and a nose on each bar to make a happy rainbow cow face. :)

My soapy things were making a quick, small batch of galaxy soap for the challenge. Watched my chosen mica color fade instantly to dull gray when I added the lye... sigh... we shall see what tomorrow brings.

To comfort myself, and since I used up the last of my master-batched lye solution, I made two master-batches: one at 40%, which is my favorite concentration for my high-lard soaps, and then another at 50% to finish up the open bottle of distilled water, lol. Discovered that master-batching on my dark glass cooktop is the perfect spot: overhead fan, and all the little jail-breaker lye beads are easily spotted and wiped up. And THAT leaves my cooktop sparkling clean! WIN!

Also measured out menthol crystals into some EO so those can be melted and ready to make more shower steamers for some friends.

Last edited:
Today I finally cut the bars on my "oops, I forgot to swirl" rainbow soap. I used a recipe I hoped would give me a lot of working time for the 7 colors, and it stayed too soft to cut for three days. I think it might have been pretty if I'd remembered to swirl the rainbow colors back and forth thru the white. Next time...

View attachment 53532View attachment 53533
I think it’s fabulous just the way it is!

I cut some soap bars today! Raspberry rose hibiscus tea. It smells delicious!

Attachments

• 20210125_104315.jpg
    20210125_104315.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 25
Made banana soap. Also added some rice water for the heck of it. Used three different FOs (none of which smell like banana). I had a sample of OT’s Passionfruit Tropicals, so used the whole bottle. The remainder was OT’s Satsuma Guava, and, to lighten and round out the fruitiness a little, NG’s Vanilla Champagne.

Attachments

• 4F59B10B-CF54-4F28-9233-DA37638D8A06.jpeg
    4F59B10B-CF54-4F28-9233-DA37638D8A06.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 18
Unmolded my soap for the January challenge. It's the softest I've ever attempted to unmold, but I cut an end anyways, both because I'm curious, and because for about 45 sad minutes, I thought the deadline for the challenge was tonight. It might still be too soft for tomorrow, but for now there's hope, and either way, it's pretty soap.
Can't post pictures until the competition or after, or the soap will be disqualified from entry.

Last edited:
Unmolded my soap for the January challenge. It's the softest I've ever attempted to unmold, but I cut an end anyways, both because I'm curious, and because for about 45 sad minutes, I thought the deadline for the challenge was tonight. It might still be too soft for tomorrow, but for now there's hope, and either way, it's pretty soap.
Pictures?

We have a monthly challenge. That's Gemstone's entry so no pics until she enters the Entry thread. You can read more here: SMF January Challenge 2021 – Planet/Galaxy Soap
Oh I see! Very cool 😎 I dont think I'm talented enough to do challenges just yet! I haven't even mastered a layered soap 🤣

Sadly, I cannot post pictures outside the entry thread, or it will be disqualified from entering. But I will absolutely post pictures after the competition!
Yes I wasn't aware the challenge was here. I'm excited to see the entries!

Back