What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 1 tsp PPO
I’ll have to see what that weighs. I‘ve been using %2 PPO.

It was pull through prep madness today. I finally have enough supplies to prep a few batches at once. I’m wondering if all 4 columns will fit in my bucket with the heated blanket. I hope they will!
Oils, lye, additives, EOs, colors, bottles lined, and tips taped. Just have to pic my plates tomorrow!
Also, testing a new recipe to accommodate softer tallow. So, two old faithful, and two new recipe.

Attachments

• 6B3F77DC-2A88-4FF9-BC4D-A77054E7D132.jpeg
    6B3F77DC-2A88-4FF9-BC4D-A77054E7D132.jpeg
    179.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
You're welcome! I think I need to make rhubarb applesauce next year. I use it in savory dishes, too. I made a chicken dish made with rhubarb and didn't tell my husband that it was the secret ingredient. He loved it! It disintegrates into the sauce and mellows as it cooks down. Skillet Chicken With Rhubarb Recipe
I love this rhubarb tangent, and that it started from the turkey rhubarb root powder discussion. ☺️

Great color combo there and the drop swirls better than any I've attempted! Okay, I'll be vulnerable and admit my ignorance here. I think of rhubarb as a United States Midwestern thing. It is in New Zealand too?! Yes,, tart rhubarb calls out for ice cream. My niece will pull it out of the ground and eat it. She's now grown but has done this since toddlerhood.
We love rhubarb cobbler with raspberries and homemade vanilla ice cream...recipe compliments of Ben and Jerry's 1st recipe book.

Made a batch of ZNSC today - I use real sea water in mine. Scented with Palmarosa, Sweet orange and patchouli Eos, uncoloured.
We love rhubarb cobbler with raspberries and homemade vanilla ice cream...recipe compliments of Ben and Jerry's 1st recipe book.
Made a batch of ZNSC today - I use real sea water in mine. Scented with Palmarosa, Sweet orange and patchouli Eos, uncoloured.
I should be getting the ingredients tomorrow to make a batch of ZCS and am wondering if it causes acceleration with any EO or FO's. I am mostly using this in goat's milk soap. Thanks for any advice, will be making my first batch in almost 8 years in a few days, am a little nervous, things have changed a lot!

Stress-testing my M&P-ification protocol for CP soap (left: original CP soap, right: fused with propylene glycol, xylitol, glycerol, and isomalt).
So just out of curiosity and in simple non scientific terms.... you are testing/taking a cp soap recipe and making it into melt and pour-able soap? That's pretty cool and good luck to you! I've never used melt and pour, but sometime curious about it!

Today I finally cut the bars on my "oops, I forgot to swirl" rainbow soap. I used a recipe I hoped would give me a lot of working time for the 7 colors, and it stayed too soft to cut for three days. I think it might have been pretty if I'd remembered to swirl the rainbow colors back and forth thru the white. Next time...

48 Over the Rainbow loaf.jpg
48 Rainbow.jpg

Latest posts

Back