What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I made two planets (that sounds pretty powerful) for my January Challenge entry. I way over estimated how much I'd need for my molds and had to scramble for extra molds. I've got lots of tree soaps now, all ready for Christmas 2021, and plenty for future confetti soaps. I'm driving myself crazy reading the news and it was a welcome break.

I remember when the yearly McRib craze was breaking news. Oh those were the days!

View attachment 53295
Here's the cut of the accelerant English Rose drop/sideways swirl. The drops didn't go down in as far as I'd envisioned since the soap was so thick. Also, I wish I'd left out the TD in the white since it developed nasty glycerin rivers. But I do like how some of the bars have little hearts in them!

I hope to bevel the edges later.

Oh my, I love tbar design. Is there a video or tutorial on it? I never knew you could reshape the "drops" like that. I dont want to steal your secret sauce so if you can't tell me I totally understand...but I'm making vday soap and id love to try it.

I opened my destash order from @cmzaha - Christmas in January! :) The only problem was, I was in a long zoom meeting and forgot to turn off my video. So they all watched me bring the box into the office, cut it open, and ooo and ahhh over the different items. 😆

Sigh. They say real friends will tell you when there is toilet paper on your shoe, or a booger hanging down, but mine prefer to let me finish making a fool of myself so they can rib me about it for years to come. 🤓

LOL

Recently, our family spent the weekend in Yellowstone.

We always play scrabble. And its very competitive.

So, I had been eyeballing the board, looking for opportunities and I spied a KILLER one. It was like three simultaneous words, used a X and involved the triple word score.

Beautiful play!

And so I put all my tiles down and im grinning from ear to ear. My sister is tabulating my points.

....and my brother looks me, grins and says "its not your turn"

It had, in fact, been HIS turn. I had just been so focused on my play I had forgotten.

I tell you, sometimes its your own people. LOL.

Oh my, I love tbar design. Is there a video or tutorial on it? I never knew you could reshape the "drops" like that. I dont want to steal your secret sauce so if you can't tell me I totally understand...but I'm making vday soap and id love to try it.
Lots of videos on tear drop soap. Check out Tree Marie Soapworks.

Generally excess water causes glycerin rivers, TD only highlights them.
Thanks for pointing that out. I do tend to use plenty of water, so that's likely the bigger issue here
No, I don't view this as a proprietary technique ;) This is the idea I was going for, but my soap wasn't fluid enough:
Screenshot_20210102-201611_Chrome.jpg

I just used squirt bottles to pipe drops with the dark pink and white, and then I swirled my hanger back and forth a few times horizontally. I want to try this again sometime with a non-accelerant FO, because I think the design has potential. I feel like the hearts were somewhat of a lucky accident.

Post a pic if you end up trying it!

Just finished my first attempt at a Lollipop Swirl. I'm not holding my breath.
I entered the Soap Challenge Club competition and recently we had to make a Lollipop Swirl. Since I have been making soaps for several years, I had to do the advanced version, which was to add an element to the outside of the circle. I chose a soap dough rim and had no problem with that - but, yikes the lollipop swirl was so hard for me! Anyway, here's my final attempt - it was the 5th I think.

Attachments

• F86AE91B-B93D-493C-9A66-A45FE7F67F90_1_201_a.jpeg
    F86AE91B-B93D-493C-9A66-A45FE7F67F90_1_201_a.jpeg
    83.1 KB · Views: 25
I entered the Soap Challenge Club competition and recently we had to make a Lollipop Swirl. Since I have been making soaps for several years, I had to do the advanced version, which was to add an element to the outside of the circle. I chose a soap dough rim and had no problem with that - but, yikes the lollipop swirl was so hard for me! Anyway, here's my final attempt - it was the 5th I think.
I can understand why it was your 5th attempt. I have a feeling it will be a little muddy but... we shall see. I do like the colours but I don't think the swirl will end up being what I had hoped for. It smells good, though (Meyer Lemon).

Today was Day 2 of making my January Challenge soap. I made another planet and the rest of the universe. I think my shredded white soap for stars were too finely shredded. Everything is cozy in the oven for the night.

@Misschief, so just this very week I discovered Meyer lemons for the first time! My California cousin mailed us a box. Betty Crocker, I mean Mrs. Zing made the best pie ever and lemon jam and some kind of moonshine that has to steep for several weeks. *hic. I always thought there was just one kind of lemon.

@linne1gi You've got my vote for what it's worth! Great lollipop.

Today was Day 2 of making my January Challenge soap. I made another planet and the rest of the universe. I think my shredded white soap for stars were too finely shredded. Everything is cozy in the oven for the night.

@Misschief, so just this very week I discovered Meyer lemons for the first time! My California cousin mailed us a box. Betty Crocker, I mean Mrs. Zing made the best pie ever and lemon jam and some kind of moonshine that has to steep for several weeks. *hic. I always thought there was just one kind of lemon.

I certainly enjoyed this reply! Thanks Zing.

Yum!! I always thought the same... a lemon is a lemon, right? Nope!

Have

Have Betty Crocker make some lemon Cello out of those meyers!💗❤️💗❤️

Latest posts

Back