What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it would probably look good in a TS mold. But honestly I think this look is so much more unique. And you have more area for the beautiful clean line.

I really think the line and the colors are so intriguing.

Like it's simple but so visually interesting to look at. The texturing at the top after you cut them adds to that.

Well done!
Awww....thank you. I actually got the idea from someone who created a soap last week (sorry, I forget who to give credit to). And I copied the design, except they used natural soap color for the bottom and I added TD.

I think it might have been @Ford

Awww....thank you. I actually got the idea from someone who created a soap last week (sorry, I forget who to give credit to). And I copied the design, except they used natural soap color for the bottom and I added TD.

I think it might have been @Ford

Well, I keep looking at this soap so there is a good chance I'll copy both of you at some point!

Just cut last nights soap it turned out strange LOL. To recap, my FO started to rice with the bottom layer. It wasn't terrible and was able to pour easily. I let that set up and poured my black layer without FO because I became a sissy and didn't want to fight the rice.

I let it set up on top of the stove...no heat to clarify (cause I poured pretty thin)...so I guess about 20 minutes, before I covered with towels and cpop. My light in my oven blew out, so I didn't even have that to leave on overnight like I normally do.

The middle of the soap "rose up" it seems in the middle to touch the towel covering the mold LOL.

The lighter layer has a little td in it and the fo, the black layer is ac, no fo. I THOUGHT that when I cut it, that it would have been the scented layer that caused the problem, but it's just the top layer (with no scent). I had planned on cutting the tops off, but now that I cut the bars, I think it looks kinda neat.

View attachment 53205View attachment 53207
Cool, I like the shape too. Good soapy adventure tale :)

Today’s cuts...Cracklin Birch and Dragon’s Blood. Had to work fast with both of them as I use a lot of hard oils but I’m really loving the drop swirl lately.
28EB6D6F-7067-4648-BECD-986F2A606640.jpeg
7CD13BCC-29C2-41C4-94DA-168C20F80D7F.jpeg

Just cut my Princess Leia and What’s new Pussycat soap. My cutter screwed up a little, but it’s nothing I can’t fix. Also made pure coconut Dish Soap.
Your soaps are so adorable' love the swirls too.

Today’s cuts...Cracklin Birch and Dragon’s Blood. Had to work fast with both of them as I use a lot of hard oils but I’m really loving the drop swirl lately.
View attachment 53210View attachment 53211
Omg Beautiful Soap ❤️🧼💫

These are very pretty. I’m trying to imagine what living coral reef would smell like! 😳
I will send you one when it hardens up a bit, if you don't mind letting it cure lol. It is a bit perfumey, not a guy smell at all. It is hard to describe. Its nice, but I don't know how much I really like it. I keep going back to a batch I made last week to keep smelling it and I just can't figure it out. I expected something more tropical, which everybody in the reviews says it is, I don't get tropical from it.

And it reversed the trace. I had my whole thing to thin trace first, then separated into my containers. Added FO into the colored batters first and it became very liquid, meanwhile the batter with the td was setting up. I fixed that with adding the fo to that batter. Everything was fine. I just never worked with a fragrance that did that, so it was unexpected. Much nicer than all the ricing I have been experiencing lately LOL.

I will send you one when it hardens up a bit, if you don't mind letting it cure lol. It is a bit perfumey, not a guy smell at all. It is hard to describe. Its nice, but I don't know how much I really like it. I keep going back to a batch I made last week to keep smelling it and I just can't figure it out. I expected something more tropical, which everybody in the reviews says it is, I don't get tropical from it.

And it reversed the trace. I had my whole thing to thin trace first, then separated into my containers. Added FO into the colored batters first and it became very liquid, meanwhile the batter with the td was setting up. I fixed that with adding the fo to that batter. Everything was fine. I just never worked with a fragrance that did that, so it was unexpected. Much nicer than all the ricing I have been experiencing lately LOL.

That would be awesome! I’ve had a couple FOs slow trace. Can’t think of which ones off the top of my head but it can be nice! I try and add the TD last if I can because it does set up faster than the others once added.

So I finally made my shampoo bars.. I kinda procrastinated yesterday by cleaning off my sewing table and finishing up some masks I had sitting around. Then because I had some new material made some new masks for work...Now I have about 50 masks laying about that I need to figure out what to do with.

I’m glad I bought the recipe from DIY Bath & Body shop! Great directions! Not as hard as I was anticipating. Can’t wait to use them!!!! Made one big one and the rest small 50 grams to share for feedback. Lol! I don’t know if my friends and family hate me or love me for using them as test subjects!?!?
D8EFD482-4376-4F27-8B48-6A6BF0ABE615.jpeg

I’m glad I bought the recipe from DIY Bath & Body shop! Great directions! Not as hard as I was anticipating. Can’t wait to use them!!!! Made one big one and the rest small 50 grams to share for feedback. Lol! I don’t know if my friends and family hate me or love me for using them as test subjects!?!?
I'm curious. Did you make a lye-based shampoo bar or a syhdet?
Is this the method you used?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6yDltk5Ro&feature=emb_logo
They look very appealing, especially the small 50g ones. They are cute and I bet they fit the hand perfectly!
I'm sure your friends and family love testing your products. Mine did. I called them my "guinea persons". 😁

So I finally made my shampoo bars.. I kinda procrastinated yesterday by cleaning off my sewing table and finishing up some masks I had sitting around. Then because I had some new material made some new masks for work...Now I have about 50 masks laying about that I need to figure out what to do with.

View attachment 53231
I've been thinking about purchasing this recipe, but I'm not sure where to get all the ingredients. Where did you order from?

I'm curious. Did you make a lye-based shampoo bar or a syhdet?
Is this the method you used?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J6yDltk5Ro&feature=emb_logo
They look very appealing, especially the small 50g ones. They are cute and I bet they fit the hand perfectly!
I'm sure your friends and family love testing your products. Mine did. I called them my "guinea persons". 😁

It's a syndet recipe. I've been using it (the DIY Bath & Body recipe) for over two years now and my hair and scalp have never felt better. And to answer your question about the video, yes, that's the method. That was posted by one of the members of the DIY Bath & Body group on Facebook.

It's an easy recipe to tweak as desired, too. For instance, I just made a small batch geared to my husband. He has dry, itchy scalp and the recipe as is just doesn't work well for him overtime. In his case, I added some extracts and eos that help with itchy scalp.

My avatar is a pic I took to show the ladies in the FB group how healthy my hair is; that was last summer; when I asked my hairdresser about my hair and scalp, she told me my hair is fine but I have a lot of it and it's very healthy and my scalp lookss clear and healthy as well. I won't use anything else on my hair now.

I've been thinking about purchasing this recipe, but I'm not sure where to get all the ingredients. Where did you order from?
She does include a list of suppliers in the recipe. The ingredients aren't difficult to find. Ingredients required are: SCI noodles or powder, SLSa, BTMS 25 or 50, Cetyl Alcohol, Coca Betaine, Hydrolized protein (silk, wheat, or oat), Panthenol or Glycerine, fragrance, and preservative.

I'm in Canada and I can get everything I need for these through Candora, Windy Point, and Voyageur.

Where did you order from?
Lol... I bought the shampoo & conditioner bar recipe... and because there is a discount on 3 recipes I bought the deodorant. So while searching... she does link websites... and after creating a spreadsheet... I ended up ordering from:

WSP Wholesale Soap Making Supplies and Handmade Cosmetic Supplies - WholesaleSuppliesPlus
Nature’s Garden Natures Garden Wholesale Candle & Soap Making Supplies-Fragrance Oils
And Lotion Crafter Lotioncrafter

You’ll not find everything you need on one site and my spreadsheet helped me find the least expensive and the amount I needed. And FYI... I placed all my orders on the 1st.. NG and Lotion Crafter both arrived on the 7th. WSP didn’t arrive until the 13th. Good luck!

Did you make a lye-based shampoo bar or a syhdet?
It’s a syndet bar! Which is why I procrastinated.... something new and scary! Lol!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back