What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First successful attempt at a lesbian pride flag soap! Scent is Captivate from Gracefruit.
Not having the best time with this red mica even in my scentless test batch, so I’ll change it up for the next batch.

View attachment 53159View attachment 53160

This is beautiful! I love love love a layered soap! I just love it!

The colors are muted but I actually really like it. It kinda gives me a desert mesa of new Mexico feel. The first two purple layers on the bottom are gorgeous colors. Where did you buy them?

This is beautiful! I love love love a layered soap! I just love it!

The colors are muted but I actually really like it. It kinda gives me a desert mesa of new Mexico feel. The first two purple layers on the bottom are gorgeous colors. Where did you buy them?
They’re all from micamoma in the UK ☺️

Not quite soapy..I made my first batch of whipped body butter. I got the wrong shea because WSP is on back order. I ended up with raw unrefined shea from amazon. I am not really familiar with the differences (well, I am now LOL).

It stinks!!!

Determined to make it, I presumed that the fragrance would cover up the smell. It does not. It is really bad. I don't want to waste the containers that I got to put it in. I filled one. Not sure if it is supposed to smell this strong.

Despite the smell, the butter came out really lovely. I don't smell the shea on my skin after I used it, only the fo.

So I guess I will have to be patient and wait for the refined shea to be back in stock at WSP. Even on amazon, there is no bulk refined shea that I could find. I only bought a pound, so its not a terrible waste. I will just use it in soap.

I'm working on my shampoo and conditioner bars/recipes.
I bought a shampoo & conditioner bar recipe on Etsy! I can't wait to try it. I ordered all the ingredients on the 1st, but still waiting for WSP to just get my order ready for shipping! I've learned my lesson...as impatient as I am...avoid WSP for last minute purchases! Hope your conditioner bar works out well for you!!!

raw unrefined shea from amazon.
Is it bright yellow too?! I order some from amazon...5 pound to be exact and it is also raw unrefined and a very ugly poopy yellow! I was too distracted by the color to notice a smell. :(

Not quite soapy..I made my first batch of whipped body butter. I got the wrong shea because WSP is on back order. I ended up with raw unrefined shea from amazon. I am not really familiar with the differences (well, I am now LOL).

It stinks!!!

Determined to make it, I presumed that the fragrance would cover up the smell. It does not. It is really bad. I don't want to waste the containers that I got to put it in. I filled one. Not sure if it is supposed to smell this strong.

Despite the smell, the butter came out really lovely. I don't smell the shea on my skin after I used it, only the fo.

So I guess I will have to be patient and wait for the refined shea to be back in stock at WSP. Even on amazon, there is no bulk refined shea that I could find. I only bought a pound, so its not a terrible waste. I will just use it in soap.

I can only speak for a few, but I make my lotion bars with unrefined shea butter and I find the smell pleasant. It is mostly covered by the fragrance or essential oil but even when I dont use it....I like the smell. I also give the lotion bars to family and friends and my family LOOOOOVES them.

Its only to say that if you're planning to sell it there may be an audience who isnt totally turned off by the scent.

Is it bright yellow too?! I order some from amazon...5 pound to be exact and it is also raw unrefined and a very ugly poopy yellow! I was too distracted by the color to notice a smell. :(

I've ordered the white unrefined shea butter from Amazon. I prefer it to the yellow for anesthetics. I wonder if there is a difference in small?

First ever attempt at a Taiwan swirl with my brambleberry dividers.

I overheated the soap :(

Also, I should maybe have let the battery thicken a minute or two more because I just know the white section muddled with the green on the bottom. Also, not a fan of the pesto bismol color on the bottom.

But other than that its allright!

Attachments

• 20210111_073534.jpg
    20210111_073534.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
I can only speak for a few, but I make my lotion bars with unrefined shea butter and I find the smell pleasant. It is mostly covered by the fragrance or essential oil but even when I dont use it....I like the smell. I also give the lotion bars to family and friends and my family LOOOOOVES them.

Its only to say that if you're planning to sell it there may be an audience who isnt totally turned off by the scent.
I am beginning to think it is rancid. I came back to it today, and as soon as I opened the container it hit me in the face. It's a shame because it really feels awesome. Sadly, I am going to toss it. Seriously, it's like smelling gangrene LOL. Sorry for the analogy lol, but that is what it reminds me of.

I went back to amazon to read the reviews, which I failed to do the first time, and everybody talks about the smell. I did end up finding a refined shea butter. WSP isn't in stock until the 15th, and then the shipping time...so I will be waiting for a long time from them. And I already have a few people at work anticipating some body butter from me. I can't sell it, but I really need it myself anyway, and figure I will give some away to work buddies.

One of the doctors started making natural deodorant, so everybody is really on a natural products kick there.

I am beginning to think it is rancid. I came back to it today, and as soon as I opened the container it hit me in the face. It's a shame because it really feels awesome. Sadly, I am going to toss it. Seriously, it's like smelling gangrene LOL. Sorry for the analogy lol, but that is what it reminds me of.

I went back to amazon to read the reviews, which I failed to do the first time, and everybody talks about the smell. I did end up finding a refined shea butter. WSP isn't in stock until the 15th, and then the shipping time...so I will be waiting for a long time from them. And I already have a few people at work anticipating some body butter from me. I can't sell it, but I really need it myself anyway, and figure I will give some away to work buddies.

One of the doctors started making natural deodorant, so everybody is really on a natural products kick there.

Yikes! Yeah scent o' gangrene probably isn't going to appeal to anyone.

Did you contact Amazon for a return? I've never had an issue with an Amazon return. Its likely they would just refund the money and tell you to throw it away, but there is no reason why you should eat the cost for defective product. It also may help them to clear out the product before sending it to someone else.

Here are a couple of soaps I did today! I LOVE them! One is Citrus Drop (Lemon, Lime & Lemongrass) & Manly (A very Masculine Fragrance)!

Attachments

• 3589ED1F-3504-4558-AB08-D9E075424200.jpeg
    3589ED1F-3504-4558-AB08-D9E075424200.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 1F8A07D8-6FE1-4A47-B66A-36D8E706E8A8.jpeg
    1F8A07D8-6FE1-4A47-B66A-36D8E706E8A8.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 25
  • D1149013-4C6E-447E-8682-C22D1C0F3225.jpeg
    D1149013-4C6E-447E-8682-C22D1C0F3225.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 09BE9A1E-47DD-42F1-B6BF-A1175F392742.jpeg
    09BE9A1E-47DD-42F1-B6BF-A1175F392742.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 476FB5A2-6CC7-42FD-BAEE-A0F4CA90170C.jpeg
    476FB5A2-6CC7-42FD-BAEE-A0F4CA90170C.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 22
  • DEA8DBCC-48F9-4049-8FB0-3A94D28FD768.jpeg
    DEA8DBCC-48F9-4049-8FB0-3A94D28FD768.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 55B74488-F75B-455B-801F-E75DCDABADA8.jpeg
    55B74488-F75B-455B-801F-E75DCDABADA8.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 8E4E3284-75EC-4EC1-A37E-7F7DB4FA2F59.jpeg
    8E4E3284-75EC-4EC1-A37E-7F7DB4FA2F59.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 921BC2BB-4A26-4456-AAF7-F061DC930E40.jpeg
    921BC2BB-4A26-4456-AAF7-F061DC930E40.jpeg
    134.5 KB · Views: 51
Here are a couple of soaps I did today! I LOVE them! One is Citrus Drop (Lemon, Lime & Lemongrass) & Manly (A very Masculine Fragrance)!
I love the citrus drop! All the tutes I've seen make a teardrop shape, but yours are so round! Any ideas how you accomplished that? They look like beautiful Christmas ornaments ... although some look like little, ummm... tadpoles. 😂

Last edited:
Today I tested out new FO'S from BB & NS, they both behaved nicely. Im really liking the Pineapple & Cilantro FO from BB it smells wonderful & it came in a tented glass bottle which I prefer over plastic or metal. I added powder sugar for the first time usually I'll use honey or molasses to increase bubbles, lastly 1st time using SG (sodium gluconate) 5% as a preservative it had a jelly like constancy in lye water I dunnt if this is normal? I have plastic over the top not very clear. hope it turns out 🤞🏼💫. Update after the cut' preservative SG seamed to worked out ok.First attempt at the drop swirl.
Oh how beautiful! I didn't see the cut photo before - did you add it later? Really gorgeous colours.

Latest posts

Back