What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was Mrs. Zing that did soapy things. For the first time she made homemade dish soap. Last year she made a ton of liquid laundry detergent that we finally used up. This time she made dry laundry detergent. Both soaps were not lye based. I'm just working out a design for the January Challenge.

It was Mrs. Zing that did soapy things. For the first time she made homemade dish soap. Last year she made a ton of liquid laundry detergent that we finally used up. This time she made dry laundry detergent. Both soaps were not lye based. I'm just working out a design for the January Challenge.
I didn't realise that Mrs Zing made soap too. Does she slap it and bang it?

Same on the January Challenge. Not sure if I'll get to use it, since soaping/crafting is on hold for me at the moment, but here's hoping. I keep forgetting how much math goes into these things.

Soapy thing for the day....Sweet Orange Chili Pepper (NG) with a touch of Orange 10x Essential Oil (BB) I love this fragrance!
8CA2BBAB-15AA-4CB7-8529-43101186FD28.jpeg

Made a soap today with a loose plan. Attempting my new “lazy horizon” technique. Not sure what I’ll get. But it was sure less messy than using a scraper!! Same recipe as the Prince soap I made the other day. Just made it with some of my favorite colors. Then ploop piped on top. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 1D00926D-80F8-4A31-93E3-B1049B8384F9.jpeg
    1D00926D-80F8-4A31-93E3-B1049B8384F9.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 16
  • BBEF2AFD-B92A-4439-8FA3-35F231C9BDC4.jpeg
    BBEF2AFD-B92A-4439-8FA3-35F231C9BDC4.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 16
  • C4BF62B8-75E6-4EE1-BEF7-A5643066B5CD.jpeg
    C4BF62B8-75E6-4EE1-BEF7-A5643066B5CD.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 17
  • EBD150D2-5D17-456B-BDEF-8EE9F9792A2C.jpeg
    EBD150D2-5D17-456B-BDEF-8EE9F9792A2C.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 18
The pink comes through "sandy" and the green comes through more blue -- to my eyes at least. "Shifting Sands" if it really is the colors I see. If it truly is pink & green I would name it "Tres Chic" because that color combo is tres chic... to my mind at least. 😁

You're right in that the pink looks a little more sandy or peachy coloured but the green does look more green that blue but I do love the name suggestion! Thanks!

Ok, My HP norms are giving me CP anxiety. I am used to being able to unmold my soap in 4-6 hours and now, when I make CP, I have to sit on my hands because I want to unmold my soooooappp.
Next time, just use a fragrance that may cause seizing, and get it get into the mold before it seizes. No waiting for it to harden involved! JK, though I really do love how accelerating fragrances shorten my unmold time. It doesn't even have to accelerate by a lot to shave a few hours off.

Next time, just use a fragrance that may cause seizing, and get it get into the mold before it seizes. No waiting for it to harden involved! JK, though I really do love how accelerating fragrances shorten my unmold time. It doesn't even have to accelerate by a lot to shave a few hours off.
I did that last nite after reading the fo reviews, and then it didnt accelerate 😅

Made a soap today with a loose plan. Attempting my new “lazy horizon” technique. Not sure what I’ll get. But it was sure less messy than using a scraper!! Same recipe as the Prince soap I made the other day. Just made it with some of my favorite colors. Then ploop piped on top. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Show us the cut!

I did some color testing - made increasing concentrations of chrome oxide and iron oxide in 0.01% increments (weight colorant to weight oils) in half ounce samples. I am trying to make my results more reproducible and I want to better predict how soap will look after curing. I have big plans to do this with other colorants, different mixes, natural colorants, the sky is the limit. Just need to retire so I have enough time! 👍

Lower right is my reference sample, no colorant. It looks green, but it really isn’t. The greens look oddly pale, IRL they are darker.

A7067711-6758-4D5C-8516-5CCC4BA2ADB4.jpeg2C9F0C91-B988-4588-BA7D-AD5384AC0A33.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back