What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to take a minute to thank you all for your kind words about my soap.....but now I just feel like that awkward girl who really thought putting my key in the fishbowl was part of some "guess how many keys are in this bowl" game

Either way, thank you all for your lovely comments. You've convinced me to like my soap, ha ha.

Uh, ehem, ehem! This is a soap forum and I am always on topic, unlike some people (looking at you, @Misschief ) and I would never take a thread title out of context. And has it been 2 years already?! Oh, how the time flies.
Moi??? What have I done now? The title of the thread is Thread Titles and My Very Strange Mind. You posted and my mind went following. Who's fault is THAT???

One of the soapy things I did yesterday was to email Fragrance Buddy. The Bombshell fragrance I bought from them smells like straight up cinnamon with maybe a little fruitiness to it as well. I had never smelled bombshell but the description is nothing like a cinnamon would smell. So yesterday I emailed them and lo and behold they pulled the bin and realized they had poured the whole batch wrong. So now I’m renaming one of my valentine soaps “Red Hot” cause it smells like the candy. They are shipping me a new bottle but I won’t have time to make and cure it for Valentine’s. Oh well...*sigh*

One of the soapy things I did yesterday was to email Fragrance Buddy. The Bombshell fragrance I bought from them smells like straight up cinnamon with maybe a little fruitiness to it as well. I had never smelled bombshell but the description is nothing like a cinnamon would smell. So yesterday I emailed them and lo and behold they pulled the bin and realized they had poured the whole batch wrong. So now I’m renaming one of my valentine soaps “Red Hot” cause it smells like the candy. They are shipping me a new bottle but I won’t have time to make and cure it for Valentine’s. Oh well...*sigh*
Oh bummer. Glad to hear they're making it right albeit not in time for your Valentine's soap. Good recovery on the name, though!

Made yin/yang embeds for tomorrow’s soap. Sloppy on top. Really hoping that the design is intact inside. I strongly dislike when a design fails and ingredients are wasted. Scented with Nature’s Garden Nam Champa. Only added it to the black because it discoloration some. 🤞

Attachments

• 414FADF5-A548-406A-9B6A-035F2D96F492.jpeg
    414FADF5-A548-406A-9B6A-035F2D96F492.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'm REALLY into making bathbombs right now 🤗. I have had a press for a few years and only did large rounds, but I used some of the profit from all of the Christmas gift baskets to pick up some more shapes and now I am going to run out of space to put all of the new bombs 🤣 ... and frosting stuff that I can't eat is mind boggling 😳
Those are awesome' I love how the frosting looks so fluffy.

The best thing about having a complicated soap in the works is it’s given me something besides the worlds craziness to think about.
This soap is a real labor of love! Otherwise I’d have to charge $100 per bar. Haha (but for realz!) I made a couple mistakes today, but not terrible. Thank goodness! And easily remedied. I will mark my wooden mold next time, on both sides! If I’d done that I wouldn’t have to have moved ALL the doves... TWICE.
Hoping I can unmold without smooshing it sooner than later. I’m learning to trust that my new NS cutter can handle a tougher loaf.
Wow love your Doves' Beautiful.

Made yin/yang embeds for tomorrow’s soap. Sloppy on top. Really hoping that the design is intact inside. I strongly dislike when a design fails and ingredients are wasted. Scented with Nature’s Garden Nam Champa. Only added it to the black because it discoloration some. 🤞
Cool! Can’t wait to see!

Not quite what I planned, but I like it!! Actually I had no real plan for the swirl, it was an experiment LOL. I poured pretty thin alternating colors...grabbed a chopstick and moved it around a bit.

The fragrance is Bourbon Street
IMG_1476.jpg

I also cut two soaps yesterday that I don't have pictures of yet lol. Kinda tired from work tonight, so I will get those pics up later.

If I can muster up the energy, then my next soapy thing will be to do the soapy dishes from last night. I hate when I get lazy and let them sit like I did...so much easier to clean right away. I didn't even wipe them out, so its gonna be a chore.

I ran out of lard, so not making soap tonight. Besides it would be SUI since tonight is day 5 of 5 and I have off tomorrow and it's happy hour right now LOL.

I did plan on designing business cards, but that might wait until tomorrow, I dunno. DBUI (Designing Business Cards Under The Influence) might be ok, as long as I don't get crazy and purchase them until I double check them tomorrow LOL.

Not quite what I planned, but I like it!! Actually I had no real plan for the swirl, it was an experiment LOL. I poured pretty thin alternating colors...grabbed a chopstick and moved it around a bit.

The fragrance is Bourbon Street
View attachment 53117

I also cut two soaps yesterday that I don't have pictures of yet lol. Kinda tired from work tonight, so I will get those pics up later.

If I can muster up the energy, then my next soapy thing will be to do the soapy dishes from last night. I hate when I get lazy and let them sit like I did...so much easier to clean right away. I didn't even wipe them out, so its gonna be a chore.

I ran out of lard, so not making soap tonight. Besides it would be SUI since tonight is day 5 of 5 and I have off tomorrow and it's happy hour right now LOL.

I did plan on designing business cards, but that might wait until tomorrow, I dunno. DBUI (Designing Business Cards Under The Influence) might be ok, as long as I don't get crazy and purchase them until I double check them tomorrow LOL.
Gorgeous! Love how you got the really fine lines in there.

I recently ordered the soap mold anglers off etsy and I was dying to use them for a relatively easy design (I needed a win)

So I decided to try doing am onbre pour at an angle with two colors. I kinda like the design though next time I think I'd do a gradient (I think that's what it's called?) With a total of four colors.

I love pouring stuff at an angle, who knows why?!?!??
Loving your angle soap.
Your picture of the soap mold anglers prompted my soap thing of the day - after reading your post I spent twenty minutes brainstorming with my partner how we could create a DIY soap mold anglers... possibly from two pieces of wood attached together with some kind of joint so you can choose the inclination... Possibilities are endless and I'm so excited for this, lol

Loving your angle soap.
Your picture of the soap mold anglers prompted my soap thing of the day - after reading your post I spent twenty minutes brainstorming with my partner how we could create a DIY soap mold anglers... possibly from two pieces of wood attached together with some kind of joint so you can choose the inclination... Possibilities are endless and I'm so excited for this, lol

Thank you! And hooray! I'm so happy that I helped sparked someone's DIY creativity!

Also, I just love an angled pour so im super excited to see what you come up with!

Back