What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first Christmas box arrived up north safely! She sent me this picture! It made me smile!
478C855A-09E2-4493-81DB-62B31ABE11C0.jpeg

I mailed 7 boxes on the 15th and only 2 have been delivered... fingers crossed they are delivered before Christmas! I used Pirate Ship for the first time... it was so easy and cool! I only made one mistake and will be patiently waiting for my refund. I also packed up my neighbors and coworkers gift bags today. 19 in total...so now I have room in my soap closet to cure more soap! 🤔🙄😳

Merry Christmas y’all!

Valentines palettes. A few friends stopped by to pick up their soap orders. And I made a couple soaps that I’m hoping I finally got right. Loving my gazillion samples from NS! I’m such a color person. You wouldn’t know it by looking at me, but I want ALL the colors! (That’s sarcasm, you would TOTALLY know it by looking at me!!! 😆)

Attachments

• BCBF2CAC-A16B-40A6-98CE-903317D87214.jpeg
    BCBF2CAC-A16B-40A6-98CE-903317D87214.jpeg
    196.6 KB · Views: 10
  • FDBFBC6D-BC12-4E09-8DAC-C8B235E8A307.jpeg
    FDBFBC6D-BC12-4E09-8DAC-C8B235E8A307.jpeg
    172.1 KB · Views: 13
So I got a delivery today from Bulk Apothecary. I must have been SUI and got meadowfoam seed oil! I don't even know what it is or used in? LOL
Oh, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, where have you been all my life? I'm in my 50s and just now meeting you?! Oh, the missed decades!
PEOPLE! This stuff is the s---! I decided to make a special lotion bar for Mrs. Zing's Christmas -- 1/3 each of white beeswax, shea, and my new best friend that I wish I could fill a tub with and bathe in, meadowfoam seed oil. I think she'll like it. Must. Wrap. Now. And. Not. Touch.
Nicely done! I’ll have one of each, please.
@The_Emerald_Chicken , that's 2 of each for me. You do remember we're coworkers, right? Top floor, corner office?

Oh, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, where have you been all my life? I'm in my 50s and just now meeting you?! Oh, the missed decades!
PEOPLE! This stuff is the s---! I decided to make a special lotion bar for Mrs. Zing's Christmas -- 1/3 each of white beeswax, shea, and my new best friend that I wish I could fill a tub with and bathe in, meadowfoam seed oil. I think she'll like it. Must. Wrap. Now. And. Not. Touch.

@The_Emerald_Chicken , that's 2 of each for me. You do remember we're coworkers, right? Top floor, corner office?
Well, SHOOT! How have I never heard of this MFSO?!! Do I need some?!

I enjoyed this reply! On another note I made cucumber and melon soap. One of my favorite fragrances. I seriously need to buy stock in Nurture Soap
745D2519-7E4C-46CE-AC49-84E33420BBA3_1_105_c.jpeg

Rats, the secret is out!! Yes, this stuff is ahhhh-mazing. Due to cost, I hoard mine and only make products with it for people I REALLY like. 😁

Well, SHOOT! How have I never heard of this MFSO?!! Do I need some?!
Yes, ma'am, you most certainly do. I like MFSO better than argan, which is saying a lot, bc I love argan!

I enjoyed this reply! On another note I made cucumber and melon soap. One of my favorite fragrances. I seriously need to buy stock in Nurture Soap
Those colors are perfect for that scent and name, and those swirls look great!

Ugh. So on Christmas Eve Eve, I decided to try something new and make a mud facial mask for Mrs. Zing's Christmas gift (she's definitely on the nice list, and loves masks). It was something new to try and God only knows how it will turn out!! This may have been a first and a last time what with all the sterilizing and various new substances. It was like something out of the movie The Blob -- it just kept expanding and foaming and overflowing the bowl and taking over my entire soap shop! Yikes-kers!

As a backup gift, at least I have the luxury lotion bars made with Meadowfoam Seed Oil (O, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, I will write poems for you) to give to her in case the mask is a bust.

At the very least I discovered a wonderful new essential oil -- carrot seed! I love to garden and this scent smells like gardening -- ON A DAY WE'RE GETTING A BLIZZARD AND TEMPS IN THE SINGLE DIGITS!! [Hope all my Minnesota homies are safe and sound -- my commute of 2 miles was harrowing.] I need to research if carrot seed EO can go in CP soap.

Ugh. So on Christmas Eve Eve, I decided to try something new and make a mud facial mask for Mrs. Zing's Christmas gift (she's definitely on the nice list, and loves masks). It was something new to try and God only knows how it will turn out!! This may have been a first and a last time what with all the sterilizing and various new substances. It was like something out of the movie The Blob -- it just kept expanding and foaming and overflowing the bowl and taking over my entire soap shop! Yikes-kers!

As a backup gift, at least I have the luxury lotion bars made with Meadowfoam Seed Oil (O, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, meadowfoam seed oil, I will write poems for you) to give to her in case the mask is a bust.

At the very least I discovered a wonderful new essential oil -- carrot seed! I love to garden and this scent smells like gardening -- ON A DAY WE'RE GETTING A BLIZZARD AND TEMPS IN THE SINGLE DIGITS!! [Hope all my Minnesota homies are safe and sound -- my commute of 2 miles was harrowing.] I need to research if carrot seed EO can go in CP soap.
I've thought about trying masks, but I'm still playing with lotion bars and shampoo. Lol, my commute home of 18-20 minutes took an hour today. Granted, I had to stop and scrape the ice off my wiper blades so they could function, but that didn't take that long. I'm hoping my commute tomorrow has better visibility, at least.

LOL... I made an eye cream with carrot seed oil.... my husband commented that he doesn't like the smell and not to wear it to bed.

I've thought about trying masks, but I'm still playing with lotion bars and shampoo. Lol, my commute home of 18-20 minutes took an hour today. Granted, I had to stop and scrape the ice off my wiper blades so they could function, but that didn't take that long. I'm hoping my commute tomorrow has better visibility, at least.
I haven't gotten to shampoo yet -- more substances -- but lotion bars are such low hanging fruit. Gift recipients are amazed and they're so simple and cheap! And, as a new Minnesotan, what the heck is happening?! Chicago, for all its challenges, cleared their streets!! Hello, Minneapolis! I assumed Minnesotans knew how to handle winter!! Rant over.
LOL... I made an eye cream with carrot seed oil.... my husband commented that he doesn't like the smell and not to wear it to bed.
I kept thinking of you tonight, @Misschief , because I know you do lotions and potions. For me, I'll do CP soap any day over this face mask stuff!! And, not to interfere in your marriage or anything, but I need to have a talking to with your husband about this carrot seed oil.....

I haven't gotten to shampoo yet -- more substances -- but lotion bars are such low hanging fruit. Gift recipients are amazed and they're so simple and cheap! And, as a new Minnesotan, what the heck is happening?! Chicago, for all its challenges, cleared their streets!! Hello, Minneapolis! I assumed Minnesotans knew how to handle winter!! Rant over.
I kept thinking of you tonight, @Misschief , because I know you do lotions and potions. For me, I'll do CP soap any day over this face mask stuff!! And, not to interfere in your marriage or anything, but I need to have a talking to with your husband about this carrot seed oil.....
LOL... nah, the nose is the nose, ya nose? ;) I'll be honest, I was kind of turned off by the smell at first, too.

I have a facial masque recipe that I love! I purchased the recipe, though. I've made facial masques (I'm Canadian, ok?) before but I really love the recipe I have now.

One of the PAs at work was buying some soap for last minute xmas gifts tonight. The Doc over heard, and wanted some soap. She got more freaked out over the lard than the lye on the ingredient label lol. Literally dropped a shrink wrapped and labeled bar on the floor...denting it. I guess its my bar now.

I asked her...do you use Dove soap? She says thats ALL she uses. Ok....they use tallowate, another word for beef tallow. “Omg, im vegan!” She says. So i have an order for vegan bars now lol. All have ready NOW are my triple butter bars. I really wanted them to cure longer....they are about 2.5 months old right now. But they are still nice. I guess i can part with one for now.

Real soapy thing... i unmolded two loaves of soap. I should have planned better. Both batches are meant to be slant soaps. So i need to cut one diagonally, to make two separate loaves. Basically I need 2 molds for each one. I need 4 molds, and i only have two. And i got home from work too late to do the second half of either one. Im sure its fine. Just gotta do at least one tomorrow,

my husband commented that he doesn't like the smell and not to wear it to bed.
LOL I know what he means. I feel the same. ;)

Re: CLAY MASKS
I use and love this Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay. Just add water and you're good to go. Wonderful stuff. It's available here at health food type stores. You may be able to find it locally @Zing & @GemstonePony.

As a former resident of Bloomington MN (my daughter was born in Edina) I still remember Minnesota winters vividly. We couldn't use the swimming pool at the apartment complex where we lived until July! I carried a snow shovel in the trunk of my car to use to get out of the parking lot at the store! Around Happy Hour, I got a kick out of seeing cars & trucks parked in front of local watering holes with their motors running. Ah yes, it's a grand state to celebrate winter!

Back