What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be cutting my lavender chamomile soap later. I had been meaning to make it for two weeks and finally got up the motivation last night. I CPOPed at a low temp again because after mixing my IR thermometer said 91 degrees Fahrenheit and the fragrance is not a heater. Here's to hoping it looks nice inside! I could tell when I was mixing that I should have used a bit more mica in my color portions, but I think a pastel will not look too bad.

One of the first bar I made when staring soaping was an oatmilk bar. I’ve been using it for my face for a few weeks now and haven’t had a single blemish since! So today I decided to make some more to give away to friends and family. I did a little redesign, will post some pictures when I unmold and cut them.

Also yesterday I’ve spent all day making little christmas boxes for friends! I think they look really cute.

Attachments

• 2C039FFC-5141-4F18-B51C-95AF9CAADDD4.jpeg
    2C039FFC-5141-4F18-B51C-95AF9CAADDD4.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 80DE95F8-8C86-4842-AEBC-23A9E3AF8F83.jpeg
    80DE95F8-8C86-4842-AEBC-23A9E3AF8F83.jpeg
    149.3 KB · Views: 34
Kitchen remodel FINALLY finished. It's been an exciting (and busy) month-ish. A local spa owner placed a wholesale order and will be carrying my soaps in their boutique. She also wanted samples to pass out to her customers as a gift for the holidays. That's hugely flattering.

I haven't made soap in well over a month. :(

More soapy stuff. I made lotion bars for my sons for Christmas. My first lotion bar recipe 2 years ago was a dupe of ClimbOn (for rock climbers) that has like 100 ingredients. Since then I've done easy but highly effective 3 ingredient bars. One of my sons recently confessed he ONLY likes my dupe ClimbOn (which I call ClamberUp). So I hauled out all 100 ingredients tonight because, that's just the kind of dad I am.

Thanks for getting that thread about the rock climber lotion bar started way back when. After a bit of testing, I now have a “Hard Working Hemp Hand Bar” to gift a dear friend for Christmas. She brings me duck eggs and garden veggies in abundance and also helps take care of the horses when my partner is away. With all she does on her mini-farm, her hands take a beating. I was looking for a lotion bar with staying power, but wanted to stay away from butters. I ended up with 50% beeswax and then a split between hemp oil and green tea infused apricot kernel oil, with 1% EOs. I add ROE to my oils, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the hemp oil will hold up. There’s a pleasant scent when the lotion goes on, but only the faintest lingering scent after a few minutes, which is what I wanted.

One of the first bar I made when staring soaping was an oatmilk bar. I’ve been using it for my face for a few weeks now and haven’t had a single blemish since! So today I decided to make some more to give away to friends and family. I did a little redesign, will post some pictures when I unmold and cut them.

Also yesterday I’ve spent all day making little christmas boxes for friends! I think they look really cute.

That's great to know that your oat milk soap helps to clear blemish/acne.

Love your soap box!

Thank you. I've been entering challenges for the past year - and honestly have learned lot! I have loved every single fragrance I have ever gotten from Nurture Soap. I only started ordering from them consistently during the past year. They have never disappointed me.

Have you tried Nurture’s Satsuma? I experienced a tiny bit of ricing, but will try it again at a lower temp, because I LOVE the scent. I’ve been using BB Orange Peel for an orange in blends, but it’s a little soft/flat for me and I’m not convinced that it’s hanging around for more than a month or so. I’m hoping Satsuma will stick around.

Thanks for getting that thread about the rock climber lotion bar started way back when. After a bit of testing, I now have a “Hard Working Hemp Hand Bar” to gift a dear friend for Christmas. She brings me duck eggs and garden veggies in abundance and also helps take care of the horses when my partner is away. With all she does on her mini-farm, her hands take a beating. I was looking for a lotion bar with staying power, but wanted to stay away from butters. I ended up with 50% beeswax and then a split between hemp oil and green tea infused apricot kernel oil, with 1% EOs. I add ROE to my oils, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the hemp oil will hold up. There’s a pleasant scent when the lotion goes on, but only the faintest lingering scent after a few minutes, which is what I wanted.
Your recipe is intriguing. Now that I have a couple years experience with lotion bars and essential oils, I tweaked that old recipe for 2020. I think the key thing is 50% beeswax. I also used apricot kernel oil along with 100 other ingredients and scented with neroli, lemon, and lavender essential oils. Some people's kids are spoiled....

Your recipe is intriguing. Now that I have a couple years experience with lotion bars and essential oils, I tweaked that old recipe for 2020. I think the key thing is 50% beeswax. I also used apricot kernel oil along with 100 other ingredients and scented with neroli, lemon, and lavender essential oils. Some people's kids are spoiled....
I am definitely not a poly-oil type formulator although I do intend to give Ms. Poly-oil Moose’s @KiwiMoose soap recipe a try one of these days. 😎

Used my new Solstice presents! 7.5lb NS mold and cutter. I’m really hoping that I can get a taller guide on the cutter! It is a separate piece and unscrews. It’s great for a square loaf. But, it’s not tall enough to keep the round loaf steady. I’m planning on messaging them. Left it in my freezing garage and it was still warm 18hrs later!
%100 tallow lavender rosemary loaf done. This is a customer favorite and a staple.

Attachments

• E425A329-981B-42D7-82D0-BCD8569DC731.jpeg
    E425A329-981B-42D7-82D0-BCD8569DC731.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 38
  • C22FE029-AE96-4920-8436-A9950490C68C.jpeg
    C22FE029-AE96-4920-8436-A9950490C68C.jpeg
    181 KB · Views: 34
Cleaned up my fire soap and the insides all have spooky faces. I like the drop swirl look of the two end pieces better (second pic), as well as the ITPS from the extra batter that went into my wave mold. They are scented with DB, but since I can't smell at all right now (thanks to C19), I can only guess that they smell great.

Also cleaned up the pipe divider swirl plop (pink soap). As expected, the unplanned ITPS (yellow soap) made from the leftover batter turned out better.
IMG_1119.JPGIMG_1120.JPG

Kitchen remodel FINALLY finished. It's been an exciting (and busy) month-ish. A local spa owner placed a wholesale order and will be carrying my soaps in their boutique. She also wanted samples to pass out to her customers as a gift for the holidays. That's hugely flattering.

Thats so awesome w/ your soap' Congrats 💫🧼

Used my new Solstice presents! 7.5lb NS mold and cutter. I’m really hoping that I can get a taller guide on the cutter! It is a separate piece and unscrews. It’s great for a square loaf. But, it’s not tall enough to keep the round loaf steady. I’m planning on messaging them. Left it in my freezing garage and it was still warm 18hrs later!
%100 tallow lavender rosemary loaf done. This is a customer favorite and a staple.
Thats awesome & such a pretty color too. 💫🧼😉

Cleaned up my fire soap and the insides all have spooky faces. I like the drop swirl look of the two end pieces better (second pic), as well as the ITPS from the extra batter that went into my wave mold. They are scented with DB, but since I can't smell at all right now (thanks to C19), I can only guess that they smell great.

Also cleaned up the pipe divider swirl plop (pink soap). As expected, the unplanned ITPS (yellow soap) made from the leftover batter turned out better.
View attachment 52607View attachment 52609
Love those Colors' 💫🤗

That’s so great. I have my soaps in my hairdressers’ hair salon. She called me today to say there are only 12 soaps left and could I bring in more as she had a customer who wanted 15 of my soaps. That was my good news of the day, heck week.

I cut my soap from my new 7.5lb mold. My batter was too fluid and it got kind of muddy. Seems to be my theme lately.
My goal is to make a big batch of salt soap on Solatice, but I almost gave up today because I was so exhausted.
But I rallied and made a huge 7.5 lb ofSolstice Salt Soap. That is a WORK OUT!! I really love it though.

Attachments

• DFD57BDF-6262-40F1-82E1-099438AC1B03.jpeg
    DFD57BDF-6262-40F1-82E1-099438AC1B03.jpeg
    177.6 KB · Views: 20
  • F9EB58EA-FB0C-4A6D-98F1-E0D08F5AE243.jpeg
    F9EB58EA-FB0C-4A6D-98F1-E0D08F5AE243.jpeg
    142.6 KB · Views: 24
  • FE53C5DF-3D05-4DBB-AD56-9201EA47A84D.jpeg
    FE53C5DF-3D05-4DBB-AD56-9201EA47A84D.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I am waiting for lye and oils to cool. I stayed at work an hour late. I got on the phone with my friend after work and it took too long. So kinda ran out of time. SOOO....I am doing a no colored soap with coconut FO that discolors. I want to see the real discoloration, since the last time i used it i added colors and clays. It will be a slanted...gonna cut the mold in half and figure out the color for the other half from there. Amazing how little dishes you use when just doing nothing fancy lol. Im excited. Two whole dishes lol, plus the one that contained the dry lye that i already washed out. And the stick blender.

Today I removed options for shipping to the UK from my website. Sadly, after 1st January, I don’t have the infrastructure in place to sell there. Another Brexit fallout. I am hoping to do a swap with a UK based soaper so that we can be each other’s ‘responsible person’ but for now I can no longer sell to customers there. A last minute deal looks unlikely. :(

These are the oatmilk facebars I was talking about! I think they look like tricolore icecream 🍦 🤤

Attachments

• C5E23B96-9F58-4A05-A2DE-2F7B6D8061DA.jpeg
    C5E23B96-9F58-4A05-A2DE-2F7B6D8061DA.jpeg
    139.7 KB · Views: 24
  • A20A152D-E771-4DB2-9095-0444F588A25A.jpeg
    A20A152D-E771-4DB2-9095-0444F588A25A.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back