What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KiwiMoose you might want to look at some of @TashaBird 's threads with her pull-throughs. She has mentioned waiting for the batter to set up a bit before pulling through. I think she also was very deliberate about using a good amount of each color that was evenly distributed to create well-defined outlines.

Gorgeous! I also used the homemade ZCS - actually just the metabisulate - the FO is supposed to discolor to light tan. So far though, I can see no discoloration and they are a week old now.

Love! Those soaps are so fancy, I have to find myself a tutorial on them so I can frustratingly mess up like 10 batches in an attempt to get mine to look as nice as yours!

So I cut my soap I made with the new pull through plate, and i must say I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it gelled so the colours aren't bright. I had to bring it in out of the garage because it was so hot that I thought it might explode out there - probably about 33 degrees out there yesterday, and the pipe was so hot I almost needed a cloth to hold it!
Anyhoo - is there anything I can do to improve? Is there a secret to the pour - more or less of each colour at a time? I have other plates to try so will be having another go soon. I want to do some more monotoned ones - three different shades of blue etc.
But hey - i spotted two lucky shamrocks in there!
View attachment 52448
I think those are pretty. I haven’t tried this, but have watched way too many videos of other people doing this technique. Having a Goldilocks batter. Not too thin and not too thick seems important. Using squeeze bottles with the long tips attached. And pulling up slowly. Can’t wait to see your next attempt.

So I cut my soap I made with the new pull through plate, and i must say I'm a little disappointed. I don't think it gelled so the colours aren't bright. I had to bring it in out of the garage because it was so hot that I thought it might explode out there - probably about 33 degrees out there yesterday, and the pipe was so hot I almost needed a cloth to hold it!
Anyhoo - is there anything I can do to improve? Is there a secret to the pour - more or less of each colour at a time? I have other plates to try so will be having another go soon. I want to do some more monotoned ones - three different shades of blue etc.
View attachment 52448
You want your batter not too thick, but not too thin either.about 60:40 unsaturated:saturated fats, is what I was told. Are you using pippette tips on your squeeze bottles?

Thank you @Zing ! I’m about to get back at them.
just finished my second batch of lotion bars. One more batch to go. They smell amazing! And the blue Moroccan chamomile gave them a nice greenish blue color!
0EA9A58A-AB75-4882-98CA-ACFEFB272B8C.jpeg

Attachments

• 484588ED-A9C7-449E-99D0-55129C2B70E8.jpeg
    484588ED-A9C7-449E-99D0-55129C2B70E8.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 16
Thank you @Zing ! I’m about to get back at them.
just finished my second batch of lotion bars. One more batch to go. They smell amazing! And the blue Moroccan chamomile gave them a nice greenish blue color!
View attachment 52456
I'm on a lotion bar roll too but mine are much much plainer looking than your fancy pants ones. I like the blueish bar with the copper tins. What is the scent? I've made cocoa butter/orange, plumeria, kukui nut (not scented with anything else but it smells awesome), and lavender. I'm going thru withdrawal because I ran out of beeswax. Hey! Who's in charge of the inventory around here?! Heads will roll!

I will never use UPSSurePost service again as long as there is any other option. I'm STILL waiting on my package from NS. Everytime I contact UPS I get a different story.

Today I was told it was just down the street (the website still reflects that its in Indiana).....can I just go and pick it up..... ummm, no, its on the back of a truck, but if you create an account and pay us $8 to upgrade to ground service, we can take it off the truck and hold it here. So then I'm paying $8 to have it taken off the back of the truck? You can't just do that for free, given the fact that I've had to wait this long? Okay, fine.

Created an account, no option to pay the $8 so I can have the honor of picking up my own package. With another call I found out that, no go, you can only upgrade to ground within 5 days of the package shipping and this has been 3 weeks now.

They have allegedly delivered it to USPS, USPS doesn't have it. And it feels like groundhog day from weeks ago when I called and the agent insisted it was at USPS only to find out a couple days later that it was actually in Indiana.

No one has a good explanation for why my package was scanned in Indiana, Illinois, California and then went back to Indiana. UPS has, on another occasion, insisted that the package had been delivered to the local post office, and it turned out that it was ACTUALLY in Indiana. UPS also seems pretty keen to wash their hands of all accountability once they say they have turned it over to USPS even if USPS hasn't acknowledged the delivery. I'm already envisioning UPS saying that they aren't responsible because they handed it over to USPS and USPS saying that they aren't responsible because they never got it from UPS and everyone telling me to contact the shipper who cannot do anything. I need to come to terms with the fact that not only will I likely be out $50 but I won't even get the fragrance oils I ordered (one of which is discontinued).

I am acutely aware that these are first world problems, but the whole thing is just grinding my gears!

I LOVE a free shipping deal, but its not worth the hassle. Arghhhhh, I'm going to go look at MadMicas and that'll be my soapy thing for the day.

/end rant

View attachment 52448
Pretty colors. I just love this design.

I cut my drop swirl from last night. Black raspberry vanilla... I was trying to recreate an older bar that i did, that ppl fell in love with. Its pretty close. I liked my first one better. I see a crazy face on the bottom right. My friend sees a unicorn.

Ordered a star column mold. Will be my first column mold for embeds that i am planning for a new soap design that i have in my head.

also ordered a bunch of new smells from wsp

1A446368-479B-48F5-A95E-BDE47382CDCD.jpeg

I cut my drop swirl from last night. Black raspberry vanilla... I was trying to recreate an older bar that i did, that ppl fell in love with. Its pretty close. I liked my first one better. I see a crazy face on the bottom right. My friend sees a unicorn.

Ordered a star column mold. Will be my first column mold for embeds that i am planning for a new soap design that i have in my head.

also ordered a bunch of new smells from wsp

View attachment 52461
Beautiful Design Wow.

This is my first try @ template pull Design w/ my " Scented Sink Stopper" ive recitifed for a template' though its not as expected I love the colors ... " Tools Of The Trade A Must' Then Technique' & A Whole Lotta Luck...
Happy Soaping 🤗🧼💫💞

Attachments

• D7EC8157-975A-47C7-982E-0449D498EADA.jpeg
    D7EC8157-975A-47C7-982E-0449D498EADA.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 10
I made a plain men's. soap last night. My son and hubby like the standard size, not too fancy bars. I did do two colors and slightly textured the bottom layer (an experiment as I try out some cp methods)
The scent is rain barrel. Interestingly, I found if I wrap the mold in a towel to help it gel, that its ready to cut much faster. 12 hours as opposed to 18-24. Might be something most of you already know but it was new to me.

rain barrel.jpg

I made a plain men's. soap last night. My son and hubby like the standard size, not too fancy bars. I did do two colors and slightly textured the bottom layer (an experiment as I try out some cp methods)
The scent is rain barrel. Interestingly, I found if I wrap the mold in a towel to help it gel, that its ready to cut much faster. 12 hours as opposed to 18-24. Might be something most of you already know but it was new to me.

View attachment 52469
These are gorgeous Missy!

Latest posts

Back