What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just poured what is supposed to be a gradient/ombre soap. While I am sure it will be SOME type of gradient...I lost track of my pouring so who knows how it will turn out. Hopefully when I cut it, it will be an OOooooo moment.

Since it is still early (for me anyways), I might do another loaf. I dunno. I just started drinking beer so it may or may not turn out so well. Sometimes I get more creative while drinking LOL.

just poured what is supposed to be a gradient/ombre soap. While I am sure it will be SOME type of gradient...I lost track of my pouring so who knows how it will turn out. Hopefully when I cut it, it will be an OOooooo moment.

Since it is still early (for me anyways), I might do another loaf. I dunno. I just started drinking beer so it may or may not turn out so well. Sometimes I get more creative while drinking LOL.
I always forget something when SUI. (Soaping under the influence. 😆)

Today I rebatched this soap. It has honey it it but I didn’t blend it well enough so it was all in the bottom of the bowl which became the top layer. The top was very crumbly. I am hoping the rebatch comes out ok.

Attachments

• 7C77E1C9-C36A-4519-9000-B7995BBD20ED.jpeg
    7C77E1C9-C36A-4519-9000-B7995BBD20ED.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 10
This discolor may turn out to work in your favor. Sorta looks like camouflage with the tan in the white. You could market it that way. :nodding:

Me, Im dividing up my mega tallow cube into buckets. No one was home when it arrived and I cant lift 50 lbs with my back so I rolled it into the house. 😅
I was SO glad that one of my sons was home when mine arrived yesterday!!!!!! 50# is a bit too heavy for me too!

Dawni, I used to hand letter my soap labels, too. It was so time-intensive! And I'd get hand cramps on top of already existing discomfort from arthritis AND Dupeytren's. I had to switch to printed labels just to preserve my hands. But mine never looked as good as yours.
Thanks hihihi.. But I couldn't do it this time. My hand has been killing me since before the flood, and got worse (I really should get this checked) so it's been hard to do many things. Sister said could be nerves. So I wrote out a whole sheet of labels on blank paper, had it scanned and printed onto kraft paper. Can't tell much difference I think lol
IMG_20201206_115530.jpg

I’ll pm you a photo if you want.🤣
Me!!

For scientific purposes yknow... What's realistic for you guys may look like fantasy for me ROFL 🤣

Im making my very first loaf of CP soap for a dear friend who prefers the texture over HP and im terrified lol. cross your fingers for me.
I feel the same way about HP! 😂. I’m sure it turned out great!

Made a Sea Salt & Driftwood goat milk soap from a FO I got from @cmzaha destash. Wow! I love it! I hope it sticks around as this is a beautiful scent.
7202E7A4-24C0-4F13-A9F0-DE973192E5F8.jpeg

I feel the same way about HP! 😂. I’m sure it turned out great!
So far so good. I researched my fragrance so no ricing or seizing, No cracks or volcanoes. I covered it and towel wrapped it last night. I think it gelled but being this is my first time, Im not sure yet. Ill have to wait till I cut it

Today I did my first attempt of this months unchallenge! I tried a drop swirl/in the pot swirl combo and am very curious about how it turns out!

Also my piping bag got in the mail a couple of days ago and I’ve been practicing since lol. My skills arent good enough to actually use yet, so i dropped all the left over batter in some small molds and make galaxy soaps. I think they actually look really good for soap scraps! The colors really suit each other, might use it in a big loaf soon..

Attachments

• A4DD6372-B4E2-48FB-AB88-40328CD4E320.jpeg
    A4DD6372-B4E2-48FB-AB88-40328CD4E320.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 17
  • BC440D52-6E95-4ADB-84F6-875FEC972735.jpeg
    BC440D52-6E95-4ADB-84F6-875FEC972735.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 21
Today I unmolded molds that held leftover batter. I had all these Pepperidge Farm Milano cookie containers and my soapy eyes saw another use for them. It's hard to see in the photo but I like the little recycling triangle symbol on the bottom! I usually use yogurt cups for leftovers but they require a lot of banging and smacking and these just popped right out (so probably wouldn't satisfy you, @Dawni ;) ).
20201206_155728.jpg20201206_155827.jpg
And people, something's happening! In the last 2 days, several acquaintances and friends -- in addition to my electrician -- are wanting to buy my soaps for holiday gifts and wanting my website, etc.! I've been just a hobbyist giving it away. Altho' I do find myself with an excess in stock....

The cube was a good shape though. I got tired of filling buckets and the box fit on the lower shelf of my work table.
I normally order the 50# buckets of coconut oil 76 but soapers choice was out so I decided to try the cube of c.o. 92. I soaped with it today, it's definitely harder to scoop out!🤣

Im making my very first loaf of CP soap for a dear friend who prefers the texture over HP and im terrified lol. cross your fingers for me.
So funny because I feel intimidated by HP!!

Today I did my first attempt of this months unchallenge! I tried a drop swirl/in the pot swirl combo and am very curious about how it turns out!

Also my piping bag got in the mail a couple of days ago and I’ve been practicing since lol. My skills arent good enough to actually use yet, so i dropped all the left over batter in some small molds and make galaxy soaps. I think they actually look really good for soap scraps! The colors really suit each other, might use it in a big loaf soon..
I really like the galaxy soaps!🤩

Today I unmolded molds that held leftover batter. I had all these Pepperidge Farm Milano cookie containers and my soapy eyes saw another use for them. It's hard to see in the photo but I like the little recycling triangle symbol on the bottom! I usually use yogurt cups for leftovers but they require a lot of banging and smacking and these just popped right out (so probably wouldn't satisfy you, @Dawni ;) ).
View attachment 52210View attachment 52211
And people, something's happening! In the last 2 days, several acquaintances and friends -- in addition to my electrician -- are wanting to buy my soaps for holiday gifts and wanting my website, etc.! I've been just a hobbyist giving it away. Altho' I do find myself with an excess in stock....
Apparently they know a good thing when they come across it!

I seem to be making soap so rarely these days. However, because of local pandemic directives, our market was cancelled for everyone but food vendors. I won't get into all of the confusion and anger THAT caused; it gave me an unplanned day off and I took the opportunity to make a batch of "Queen of the Nile" soap, which is basically Oatmeal, Milk & Honey soap. It moves fast but I was prepared for that so all went well. I decided to keep the name "Queen of the Nile" and make it look "royal" with Aztec Gold mica. I also made enough to fill 12 of these cavity molds, bees because.... honey! I may decide to brush some mica on the bars as well, just for presentation, perhaps on the honeycomb bits.

20201206_152645.jpg IMG_20201021_114509_448.jpg

So far so good. I researched my fragrance so no ricing or seizing, No cracks or volcanoes. I covered it and towel wrapped it last night. I think it gelled but being this is my first time, Im not sure yet. Ill have to wait till I cut it
Looking forward to seeing the cut!

View attachment 52210View attachment 52211
I use these as extra batter molds too! They make a perfect little hand soap for testing my batches.

Back