What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You totally can make your own handwriting into a font! Go here.
https://www.calligraphr.com/en/?rtom=myscriptfont
I was looking at that! Thanks hehe

So.... I'm tired lol. Did nothing all day but wrap n label lotion bars. And a few of the Christmas soap boxes. I only had 35 and I've sold out. So happy!

I need to make soap haha otherwise I'd have none left for after the gifting season.

I made a batch of goat milk soap just for me! Scented with one of my favorite FOs. Earth Meets Sky.
2FBE4901-520B-4910-B9C3-BAA6684E6BA6.jpeg

I was looking at that! Thanks hehe

So.... I'm tired lol. Did nothing all day but wrap n label lotion bars. And a few of the Christmas soap boxes. I only had 35 and I've sold out. So happy!

I need to make soap haha otherwise I'd have none left for after the gifting season.

I need to find some time to start wrapping and labeling. The other day when I gathered some soaps for Hubby to take to his co-workers as a give-away, I realized I'm running low on wrapped and labeled soaps suitable for gifting. I thought that would NEVER happen! One of his co-workers brought in some fresh eggs from her chickens, and they were the best eggs I've had in a long time. The yolks were so much more a deeper yellow and tasted so much better when I made the filling for the deviled eggs for Thanksgiving. So of course, I had to send some soap their way as a matter of courtesy. I was gone from here for such a long time this past year, that he didn't have me sending soap with him to share with his co-workers.

Dawni, I used to hand letter my soap labels, too. It was so time-intensive! And I'd get hand cramps on top of already existing discomfort from arthritis AND Dupeytren's. I had to switch to printed labels just to preserve my hands. But mine never looked as good as yours.

OH. MY. GOD. I have never laughed so hard as I just did at your post LOL. This is awesome. I would have been laughing my butt off the entire time making this soap.
i have been laughing about it constantly. That’s a good thing these days! They are too funny!

Finally got a 3rd 5 gallon bucket of tallow from my regular source. It was not rotten. But, it was definitely trim fat, not leaf fat, which I’ve now learned the difference between. In cold temps it is still soft, it’s much more yellow. But, it doesn‘t smell, and that’s good. It’s really been quite the fiasco! I now am currently using 3 brands, for 3 different products. Anyway, I wasn’t sure how this new tallow would soap. Would it be yellow, would it be soft?... And, since I’m out of my %100 bars, of which I have several loyal customers, I made a big triple batch. I waited a bit longer than normal, certain it would be soft. Well, I BARELY got through the cutting without breaking my wire cutter! I definitely have to cut it sooner next time. The bars are hard, and they definitely whitened up. So, yay. Now I can try it with more complex designs and see what happens.
Hoping my lotion bar molds and tins come today. WS is so slow! And, they put my silver tins on back order to 12/31 without anything but notice in the email shipping notification. Grrrr. Hoping I don’t hate the rose gold tins.
And, I “formulated” my first customization of my base facial mist I bought and I like it a lot! I maybe added more rosehipseed extract than I’d like, but I didn’t have time to test a small amount. They’ll get labels today and hopefully posted with my face oil to my site later. Whew!

Attachments

• 72334B38-6A70-426D-AD28-964C775B375C.jpeg
    72334B38-6A70-426D-AD28-964C775B375C.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 5FC2C6CE-A978-4DA5-8C27-0CF209EADB15.jpeg
    5FC2C6CE-A978-4DA5-8C27-0CF209EADB15.jpeg
    86.5 KB · Views: 18
Finally got a 3rd 5 gallon bucket of tallow from my regular source. It was not rotten. But, it was definitely trim fat, not leaf fat, which I’ve now learned the difference between. In cold temps it is still soft, it’s much more yellow. But, it doesn‘t smell, and that’s good. It’s really been quite the fiasco! I now am currently using 3 brands, for 3 different products. Anyway, I wasn’t sure how this new tallow would soap. Would it be yellow, would it be soft?... And, since I’m out of my %100 bars, of which I have several loyal customers, I made a big triple batch. I waited a bit longer than normal, certain it would be soft. Well, I BARELY got through the cutting without breaking my wire cutter! I definitely have to cut it sooner next time. The bars are hard, and they definitely whitened up. So, yay. Now I can try it with more complex designs and see what happens.
Hoping my lotion bar molds and tins come today. WS is so slow! And, they put my silver tins on back order to 12/31 without anything but notice in the email shipping notification. Grrrr. Hoping I don’t hate the rose gold tins.
And, I “formulated” my first customization of my base facial mist I bought and I like it a lot! I maybe added more rosehipseed extract than I’d like, but I didn’t have time to test a small amount. They’ll get labels today and hopefully posted with my face oil to my site later. Whew!
WSP put Kokum butter (that I FINALLY got around to ordering) on back order...No warning, it just wasn't in my shipment with a note that it will ship when its available. That was over a month ago. The soaps that I planned on using it in are almost ready to be packaged and labeled (without the Kokum obviously lol). Kind of annoying...why did they take payment for it if it wasn't available?

My soapy thing today is making new labels for my soaps and rewrapping some soaps that I had previously wrapped without the impulse sealer. The sealer makes such a big difference.

Gonna play around with recipes on Soapcalc. I really need a lower Olive Oil based vegan soap, for no reason other than I want a whiter base, but I also like the recipe that I am currently using as far as performance. I made a whole slab mold batch of "naked soaps" with nothing but my oils and white kaolin clay and I hate the old-fashioned tan look of them. It's not very appealing. They will probably get lighter with the cure, but I don't have high hopes.

I really really love my Lard Bars, but the lard doesn't have much label appeal either lol. So I went on a vegan soap kick last week...going back to lard as my main soaps. Vegans got a couple of batches out of me, now I'm done LOL. And I say that lightly because I used to be strictly vegan... no meat, dairy, or eggs even. I have converted back to only eating chicken and seafood, turkey lunchmeat LOL. And dairy. Go figure with the lunchmeat, I guess it's the saltiness. I dunno. No real rhyme or reason behind my diet other than I am the pickiest person on earth.

And I am still giggling over the phallic molds. I need those in my life LOL. I am already planning a girl party in my head featuring cock-tails and *** soaps. See what I did there :nodding:. Thank you for brightening my day @TashaBird

WSP put Kokum butter (that I FINALLY got around to ordering) on back order...No warning, it just wasn't in my shipment with a note that it will ship when its available. That was over a month ago. The soaps that I planned on using it in are almost ready to be packaged and labeled (without the Kokum obviously lol). Kind of annoying...why did they take payment for it if it wasn't available?

My soapy thing today is making new labels for my soaps and rewrapping some soaps that I had previously wrapped without the impulse sealer. The sealer makes such a big difference.

Gonna play around with recipes on Soapcalc. I really need a lower Olive Oil based vegan soap, for no reason other than I want a whiter base, but I also like the recipe that I am currently using as far as performance. I made a whole slab mold batch of "naked soaps" with nothing but my oils and white kaolin clay and I hate the old-fashioned tan look of them. It's not very appealing. They will probably get lighter with the cure, but I don't have high hopes.

I really really love my Lard Bars, but the lard doesn't have much label appeal either lol. So I went on a vegan soap kick last week...going back to lard as my main soaps. Vegans got a couple of batches out of me, now I'm done LOL. And I say that lightly because I used to be strictly vegan... no meat, dairy, or eggs even. I have converted back to only eating chicken and seafood, turkey lunchmeat LOL. And dairy. Go figure with the lunchmeat, I guess it's the saltiness. I dunno. No real rhyme or reason behind my diet other than I am the pickiest person on earth.

And I am still giggling over the phallic molds. I need those in my life LOL. I am already planning a girl party in my head featuring cock-tails and *** soaps. See what I did there :nodding:. Thank you for brightening my day @TashaBird
If I hadn’t seen it on the email notification from WS I would t have known and I’d have been mad!
the molds I used would not have been my choice, but they are hilarious! Especially with the way too realistic accidental skin color! Oh my!!! ☺️
I’ll pm you a photo if you want.🤣

Soap supply reorganization! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

DH just completed some remodeling to move the washer and dryer out of a large closet in the kitchen, and into our mudroom. It's so nice to have a real laundry room that doesn't interfere with kitchen activities! The bonus is that the former laundry closet makes a fantastic pantry, which this house was lacking. We found some stainless racks that fit perfectly into the empty hole below the existing shelving.

It's not done yet; you can see one shelf bracket sitting by the cookbooks, and he will patch the sheetrock behind the center shelf sometime next week. But so far, even with all of our food stores, I was able to devote almost the entire rack on the left to my soaping oils and bath bomb supplies (some of which were previously in the spare bedroom closet - not convenient). The big empty spaces in the center rack area are reserved for the grandkid snacks that will be re-stocked before they arrive for Christmas. 🥰 I already have their favorite mac-n-cheese cups, cereal, oatmeal cups, and veggie pouches, but need to get at least one Costco container of peanut butter pretzels, some veggie straws, and assorted other items that they love. 😁

I'm already scheming how to get the rest of my soaping supplies and tools in there, except for the fragrances, which will remain in a closed dark cabinet in another area. The molds, lye, mixing bowls, etc., are currently in a living room cabinet, which will be going away when the custom bookcase units arrive in about 4 weeks.

Gotta say, something about reorganizing makes me so happy. 😁
View attachment 52106

Oh....what I could do with that space! 😍

I received my sealer today now I can wrap my soap w/ a new label design. Today I made soap scented it w/ Winter Wonderland FO it smells wonderful hints of Christmas Tree w/ a hinge of cool peppermint & a little sweet is the best I can describe it. no acceleration, ricing or separation I was able to pipe the top as well. Hope it all turns out, I put it in the cupboard on top of a heating pad on low once the soap was heated up I turned off the heating pad hope it turns out & looks good, what I have in my mindset can turn out to be completely different. I was hoping to have it ready for Christmas gifts but I'm a little behind my time frame. Ugh.
I'm happy to report my soap turned out nice' Thank God! lol here's a picture.

Attachments

• 6CF33634-2913-48DD-B527-DC04247F2BC7.jpeg
    6CF33634-2913-48DD-B527-DC04247F2BC7.jpeg
    170 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Looks really pretty. 🧼💫

I just poured the base for hot chocolate soap. Tomorrow I will pipe it with frosting and place my soap dough marshmallows.
I may try to pipe my soap the next day opposed to doing it all at once, do you ever have an issue w /pipped soap not sticking?.

Back