What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine it's fine in this case. You're not asking us to purchase from it (soliciting), and you're not drawing attention to it over and over (spamming). You're just posting it to satisfy our curiosity. It really is a beautiful website, I can see a lot of work went into it.
I agree, @Louise Taylor's site does look really nice!

Poured my first Pine Tar soap after procrastinating out of fear by labeling every bar of soap that I have poured over the past 2 months! AND come to find out, my 20% Pine Tar batter behaved beautifully!🤣🤪
Procrastination can serve some useful purposes, can't it? Back in grad school, my house was never as clean and organized as it was when I needed to be studying for some big exam. I suddenly became uber faithful about exercising, too. :nodding:

I didn’t think that was allowed here. Well, here is my link, admin can remove the post if it is considered inappropriate:)
https://taylors-savonnerie.com/
The site looks great. I think you did an especially nice job with the “ethics” and “natural” pages and in a way that will build trust with your customers.

I didn’t think that was allowed here. Well, here is my link, admin can remove the post if it is considered inappropriate:)
https://taylors-savonnerie.com/
Congratulations & Cheers 🥂' Beautiful website' its captured my attention, then I viewed your lovey soap, beautiful & well done. UK has such ridged guidelines when it comes to soaping! let me just say i'm so glad USA doesn't enforce the same standards. I'm going to go take another look @ your beautiful website. 💞🧼

I’ve been dying to make a batch of soap scented with Sweater Weather from Muddy Soap Co. This is the cut and I’m a little bummed out about the discoloration as it wasn’t listed with the product at all. I’ve never had such weird discoloration before...pinks, purples and general weirdness. This is also the first batch that I used a small amount sodium citrate to as a chelator. So hopefully I’ll notice less soap scum and that would be a definite silver lining.
I’m kind of annoyed that I can’t leave a review on the Muddy Soap Co site so that others know the potential of this happening. I hate when suppliers don’t support review functions.
I’m just going to enjoy the colors before this potentially turns tan. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 1CF7BF7E-C0A7-4883-A1C5-62F4F1B10592.jpeg
    1CF7BF7E-C0A7-4883-A1C5-62F4F1B10592.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 7A027C8D-7E78-4CDD-8B98-3D9671138BC2.jpeg
    7A027C8D-7E78-4CDD-8B98-3D9671138BC2.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 30
Soap supply reorganization! 🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️🤸‍♀️

DH just completed some remodeling to move the washer and dryer out of a large closet in the kitchen, and into our mudroom. It's so nice to have a real laundry room that doesn't interfere with kitchen activities! The bonus is that the former laundry closet makes a fantastic pantry, which this house was lacking. We found some stainless racks that fit perfectly into the empty hole below the existing shelving.

It's not done yet; you can see one shelf bracket sitting by the cookbooks, and he will patch the sheetrock behind the center shelf sometime next week. But so far, even with all of our food stores, I was able to devote almost the entire rack on the left to my soaping oils and bath bomb supplies (some of which were previously in the spare bedroom closet - not convenient). The big empty spaces in the center rack area are reserved for the grandkid snacks that will be re-stocked before they arrive for Christmas. 🥰 I already have their favorite mac-n-cheese cups, cereal, oatmeal cups, and veggie pouches, but need to get at least one Costco container of peanut butter pretzels, some veggie straws, and assorted other items that they love. 😁

I'm already scheming how to get the rest of my soaping supplies and tools in there, except for the fragrances, which will remain in a closed dark cabinet in another area. The molds, lye, mixing bowls, etc., are currently in a living room cabinet, which will be going away when the custom bookcase units arrive in about 4 weeks.

Gotta say, something about reorganizing makes me so happy. 😁
IMG_1113.JPG

Today was a busy day.. I finally got to cut my soap I made last night. Last batch for the year. I’ve run out of room to cure anymore! When I do a swirl I think my favorite thing is how each bar is different! It’s the coolest thing! Since I got up this morning I’ve been cooking! I had everyone pick two favorite meals and I made them and put them in the freezer in individual containers. I now have 102 meals for the next month or so! 😳😬🤪 My freezers are stocked! My kitchen is still a holy mess, even after 3 washing breaks!... but my kids will not be saying there’s nothing to eat! Lol!
6FCB85B6-7D9A-47DE-BF11-437E4B18F7FA.jpeg
F3EF4E6A-5785-464F-BD0D-9165A0F02009.jpeg

I’ve been dying to make a batch of soap scented with Sweater Weather from Muddy Soap Co. This is the cut and I’m a little bummed out about the discoloration as it wasn’t listed with the product at all. I’ve never had such weird discoloration before...pinks, purples and general weirdness. This is also the first batch that I used a small amount sodium citrate to as a chelator. So hopefully I’ll notice less soap scum and that would be a definite silver lining.
I’m kind of annoyed that I can’t leave a review on the Muddy Soap Co site so that others know the potential of this happening. I hate when suppliers don’t support review functions.
This discolor may turn out to work in your favor. Sorta looks like camouflage with the tan in the white. You could market it that way. :nodding:

Me, Im dividing up my mega tallow cube into buckets. No one was home when it arrived and I cant lift 50 lbs with my back so I rolled it into the house. 😅

Today was a busy day.. I finally got to cut my soap I made last night. Last batch for the year. I’ve run out of room to cure anymore! When I do a swirl I think my favorite thing is how each bar is different! It’s the coolest thing! Since I got up this morning I’ve been cooking! I had everyone pick two favorite meals and I made them and put them in the freezer in individual containers. I now have 102 meals for the next month or so! 😳😬🤪 My freezers are stocked! My kitchen is still a holy mess, even after 3 washing breaks!... but my kids will not be saying there’s nothing to eat! Lol! View attachment 52112View attachment 52113
I love me some chaffles!!!

I had everyone pick two favorite meals and I made them and put them in the freezer in individual containers. I now have 102 meals for the next month or so! 😳😬🤪 My freezers are stocked! My kitchen is still a holy mess, even after 3 washing breaks!... but my kids will not be saying there’s nothing to eat! Lol!
Good for you! You are an awesome Mom! I don't suppose you have room for just one more "kid"?
Love:Girl.gif

Well, I finally made the naughty custom soap order my friend asked me to make. She bought these phallic soap molds. They were surprisingly realistic looking, but unfortunately they weren’t very well made. I finally got em all duct taped together and in a small bucket. Made the soap with a sparkly pink mica, and a tiny bit of bright purple sparkly mica swirled in. Poured the soap and one of them started leaking. I wrapped it quickly in plastic wrap and kept pouring until it seemed like it was holding. I way over estimated the size. 😸 Then I put the small bucket inside my heated bucket and left them to gel. Well, the DH accidentally turned off the bucket. The soap didn’t gel, and the micas..... let’s just say they were very muted. So, instead of whimsical silly sparkly colored penises, they are an absolute perfect hyper realistic flesh color. I’ve been laughing all day! They’re kind of unsettling sitting on the counter. But, honestly, they are hilarious! I did NOT mean for the color to be SO realistic! Here is a PG13 version for SMF sharing.

Attachments

• 6BAE5F73-6CEE-45F8-A33B-E396195359AF.jpeg
    6BAE5F73-6CEE-45F8-A33B-E396195359AF.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 28
I think it will be pretty even if it discolors. I love the color palette you used.

@violets2217 @TashaBird I never heard of a chaffle. Had to look it up. Sounds tasty!

I cleaned the bars of the last two batches, mainly ash and some crumbs, and arranged them on trails together with the corresponding printouts. Up to now I turned the bars every day, from now they'll only be turned now and then. They are three weeks old and will be just fine for Christmas.

Beautiful Wow!

Made 2000g batch- biggest every i think- for Christmas gifts. Late I know!!! But they'll at least cure some! I know it's not ideal. I used TheGecko's Regular Soap Recipe. It's a new recipe for me, so I went unscented and uncolored so as not to make a mistake and waste 2000g! Looks beautiful though-not to toot my own horn. Also used my collidial oatmeal bars for the first time and really loved the scratchiness.

Well, I finally made the naughty custom soap order my friend asked me to make. She bought these phallic soap molds. They were surprisingly realistic looking, but unfortunately they weren’t very well made. I finally got em all duct taped together and in a small bucket. Made the soap with a sparkly pink mica, and a tiny bit of bright purple sparkly mica swirled in. Poured the soap and one of them started leaking. I wrapped it quickly in plastic wrap and kept pouring until it seemed like it was holding. I way over estimated the size. 😸 Then I put the small bucket inside my heated bucket and left them to gel. Well, the DH accidentally turned off the bucket. The soap didn’t gel, and the micas..... let’s just say they were very muted. So, instead of whimsical silly sparkly colored penises, they are an absolute perfect hyper realistic flesh color. I’ve been laughing all day! They’re kind of unsettling sitting on the counter. But, honestly, they are hilarious! I did NOT mean for the color to be SO realistic! Here is a PG13 version for SMF sharing.
OH. MY. GOD. I have never laughed so hard as I just did at your post LOL. This is awesome. I would have been laughing my butt off the entire time making this soap.

Latest posts

Back