What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh how very exciting! I have my new Cactus Flower and Jade FO, which I am combining with White Tea FO to try and duplicate my favourite 'Scentsy' Washer Whiffs (White Tea and Cactus) only as soap of course. Just waiting for the lye to cool...and away we go!
ETA - YUMMO! That scent is divine! Thoroughly recommend the blend should you choose to try it. Equal parts White Tea with Cactus Flower - both from Candle Science I believe. Hope it holds! It (cactus) is a known accelerator so i used a single colour and put it into flower shaped cavity moulds. I managed to pour them all fine (15 bars) and they had set up quite nicely to go straight back and smooth off the tops with my spatula. By the time i put them in the oven to CPOP they were getting pretty solid.

Last edited:
3 long weeks without making soap. I was in a definite funk! Broke the funk with a soap I was super intimidated to make. A friend gave me some fresh goats milk and I made goat milk honey soap. I think I managed to not burn it ok, now I’m wondering what it’ll be like without gelling.
Another friend has asked me to make her some custom soaps and the molds are... a little too realistic. Should be pretty funny!

Attachments

• 79488F9C-B2FA-48F8-81D7-91217F4D0F1F.jpeg
    79488F9C-B2FA-48F8-81D7-91217F4D0F1F.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 7BA28D72-38AB-4D4E-BC16-711B9FC11CB8.jpeg
    7BA28D72-38AB-4D4E-BC16-711B9FC11CB8.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 25
I just finished my second and final attempt at my challenge entry. I am attempting to cpop them a bit to make colors pop. Hindsight i probably shoulda done half cpop and half not lol, but there they are, all in the oven. Too late to go back now lol.

I used a lot of disposable containers, so i only have one container and the sb to wash, yay me. Trying to decide if i should clean my kitchen, or make another batch of regular soap while its still messy and clean tomorrow.

Worked night shift all week and just woke up a few hours ago and have off tomorrow. Im kinda up for a while now. This is my “day”, or happy hour if thats what i decide to do lol.

Did the SMF Nov Challenge today, and let's just say, it was a good learning experience! Thankfully, I got to have fun with the leftover batter to make a nice loaf with multi-colored soap balls inside (made from shreds), and pretty swirls on top. Scented with Volcano type from California Candle Supplies. No discoloration, ricing, or acceleration and very strong at 3.5%. Also used some dehydrator sheets to make a reusable mold liner. I stink at lining with freezer paper! View attachment 51918

View attachment 51917
I haven't heard of dehydrator sheets' where can I find it Id like to use it' I'm tired of making liners for each loaf. Your soap is beautiful.

I haven't made soap in a few Days' waiting for Lye Delivery. Ive spent my time yesterday enjoying my Soap Delivery From "cmzaha" which came in over night! Yay, Thx🤗👍🏼💫. All is well I was able to make Pumpkin Pies' which I wouldn't of if I had lye lol 🤣💫. Happy Thanksgiving To Everyone In USA 🇺🇸 🤗🍂

I haven't heard of dehydrator sheets' where can I find it Id like to use it' I'm tired of making liners for each loaf. Your soap is beautiful.
These are my favorite ones; they are a little pricier than others, but their surface is completely smooth. Some of the less expensive ones have a bit of a woven texture to them, which is not ugly, but not always what I want on the sides and bottom of my soaps.

These are very easy to crease and cut as needed to fit your mold. I lightly tape the side pieces to the mold. Some people also tape all the seams together, but I'm too lazy for that. Very little soap leaks between the seams, and it is easy to clean up.

After you unmold the soap, just wipe these down, and they are ready to use the next time. Easy-peasy!

ETA: these ones are larger and less expensive, but they do have the slight "weave" texture to them.

Last edited:
Impatiently waiting to cut last nights loaf. I did a layered pour with a pencil line of rose clay.

The fragrance is Empress by NS. It is supposed to discolor to a medium tan, so i tried to counter that a bit with some TD. I am thinking that i should have left it alone because i just took a peek and it is bright yellow ☹️

I have nothing to do tonight, so i think i am going to be dominating the forum for a few hours LOL

Impatiently waiting to cut last nights loaf. I did a layered pour with a pencil line of rose clay.

The fragrance is Empress by NS. It is supposed to discolor to a medium tan, so i tried to counter that a bit with some TD. I am thinking that i should have left it alone because i just took a peek and it is bright yellow ☹️

I have nothing to do tonight, so i think i am going to be dominating the forum for a few hours LOL
Have you tried Comfort and Joy? From Nurture Soap? I want to use it tomorrow and I am hoping it won’t discolor.

Back