What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a Peppermint Soap w/ EO Peppermint from Natural Oils Growers Group ( Amazon) & Winter Wonderland FO from NS both behaved wonderful. I used confetti for base then solid Color for top half in a beautiful color turquoise from NS. I added TD to heated oils I saw on a video' it seamed to mix evenly w/ a smoother texture, I seam to have an issue with TD totally dissolving even when premixed. cant wait to cut it tomorrow. 🧼💫👍🏼
It's A Soap Thing' They Don't Understand... 🤗🧼
I found this pic on Pinterest... I use the last one I think! The one with lard, cause I love my lard! But not only are they slow soaps but soft too! At least the ones I’ve tried! You want me to make you my handy dandy log splitter? Lol!

Edited to insert image! Silly me!
View attachment 51813
I've just finished my soap making for the season. My scents (EO), are clove, rose geranium. lavender litsea, bay lime, rosemary spearmint, pink grapefruit, mocha mint (only soap with FO), and cinnamon orange. I add in extra cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax pastilles and palm oil. This soap recipe is a never fail if you use fresh oils. I learned the hard way last year when I had to toss out two full batches after I used an oil that was iffy. Never again.
Been making soap for 25 years. Love it!

I have a pop up shop coming up, and I made fizzy bath crumbles (I suck at making bath bombs, and hope these crumbles turn out okay), and some bath salts.

Attachments

• 20201123_100029.jpg
    20201123_100029.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20201123_104213.jpg
    20201123_104213.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
Made my 1st batch ever of soap. My mother and I sat down and decided what we wanted in it. Hopefully we did this right. We pick fresh rosemary and put it in a cockpot and cooked it for several hours with (1 batch had olive oil other batch had coconut oil) Strange greeny color once it had cooked for awhile. This was used in the soap. Not sure how long till we will be able to use it?

Thank You 🤗💫👍🏼

I've just finished my soap making for the season. My scents (EO), are clove, rose geranium. lavender litsea, bay lime, rosemary spearmint, pink grapefruit, mocha mint (only soap with FO), and cinnamon orange. I add in extra cocoa butter, shea butter, beeswax pastilles and palm oil. This soap recipe is a never fail if you use fresh oils. I learned the hard way last year when I had to toss out two full batches after I used an oil that was iffy. Never again.
Been making soap for 25 years. Love it!

Sounds like your soap smells fantastic' 🧼🤗💫

I just finished a batch of rosemary mint (fo), charcoal soap. After i stared at so many pretty pictures and watched one or four yt videos for ideas all morning...I whimped out and went with the charcoal bar lol.

I worked overnight, I am tired, and after taking too long to make up my mind, I had to make a decision lol.

I planned on making this one anyway.

@The Park Bench Do they come off easily after they've been attached for a bit? I would hate to end up with label bits all over my soap, but if they do come off, that's brilliant!
It is a good thing my customers never complained because I always stuck my labels on my soap. A few years ago I did find some cheap 2x4 labels that did not stick as well as Avery so they did not leave as many pieces of the label to have to wash off.

Going on week 3 of no soap making, waiting on several replacement orders of tallow (my main jam). Mailed a bunch of soap orders. Planning some lotion bars.
Worried about trying to soap in my cold soap space.
Here’s a meme.
I make people look at my craft show booth set up (I have my tables set up in what we call our Etsy room - has our shop products and things) :D

It is a good thing my customers never complained because I always stuck my labels on my soap. A few years ago I did find some cheap 2x4 labels that did not stick as well as Avery so they did not leave as many pieces of the label to have to wash off.
Hey, if the paying customers don’t care, then I guess it’s not a big deal. I just assumed they would but maybe the no-waste movement has helped change how people see things.

I haven't used this fragrance oil for a while - Black Currant Absinthe by Candle Science. Just received the FO yesterday so thought I'd make a batch with it. It's very strong - even made me feel a bit nauseous having the smell on my hands from the bottle. It should be interesting to see the cut of this - I started with a drop swirl in the bottom half, and then as I got nearer the top it was thickening up so I chopstick swirled the top half only.
9DAFC7A3-DCB5-4C09-B825-D48BD5EA0C09_1_201_a.jpeg

@The Park Bench Do they come off easily after they've been attached for a bit? I would hate to end up with label bits all over my soap, but if they do come off, that's brilliant!

My soaping thing yesterday was watching a bunch of acrylic painting string pull videos, gearing up for my string-pull attempt tomorrow evening. Some of those videos are set to beautiful music and are super relaxing. In fact, they might make you fall asleep on the couch after dinner... but I admit nothing since there is no proof. 😄
Yes, they come off easily, just peel off from a corner. I am curious to see how they handle the natural aging/ shrinking cycle. 😁

I print my soap labels on a really nice linen resume paper so it's a bit thicker than an actual label.

Made my 1st batch ever of soap. My mother and I sat down and decided what we wanted in it. Hopefully we did this right. We pick fresh rosemary and put it in a cockpot and cooked it for several hours with (1 batch had olive oil other batch had coconut oil) Strange greeny color once it had cooked for awhile. This was used in the soap. Not sure how long till we will be able to use it?

How did your soap turn out? I make Rosemary Spearmint soap and just use EO's (2 oz of each) and toss in some dried Rosemary if I add botanicals.

I did a stock check today. Amazing how many bars just disappear with no trace 😆
Someone is a soap lover in your circle. I give away much of my soap or trade it for other goodies. I'm too lazy to work hard and sell my soap. I make it once a year and haven't bought commercial soap in 25 years.

Did the SMF Nov Challenge today. Let's just say, it was a good learning experience! 😆 Thankfully, I got to have fun and redeem myself with the leftover batter to make a nice loaf with multi-colored soap balls inside (made from shreds), and pretty swirls on top. Scented with Volcano type from California Candle Supplies. No discoloration, ricing, or acceleration and very strong at 3.5%. Also used some dehydrator sheets to make a reusable mold liner. I stink at lining with freezer paper!
Soap Loaf 2 Nov 25, 2020.JPG

Soap loaf 1 Nov 25 2020.JPG

Last edited:
Back