What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's so cool, Zany! I wonder if it would soften my hooves the bottoms of my feet, particularly my rough heels.

I just opened a big jug of kalamata olives a few hours ago so we could have Greek Salad with our meal. I stopped off at TPC Cash & Carry a couple of days ago after a Dr appointment in the Cities because I wanted to price their HO Canola (if they had any - and they did, but it costs less at Walmart.) However, the price of their Kalamata Olives can't be beat, and I got the last barrel on the shelf. If I don't make Kalamata olive bread, which I love, these will last us a good long time. Probably even if I do make the bread.

Soapy stuff: just envying you your beldi soap, which I know you put a lot of effort into learning how to make.
Today I just measured ingredients for a pipe swirl I wanna try on my day off. But before work I’m experimenting with hot chocolate bombs to make for my neighbors Christmas baskets this year! The kids and co-workers are enjoying them! They’re also very fun to make! LolView attachment 51740

I am confused! Are these soap, bath bombs or chocolate candies/cupcakes? I see frosted chocolate covered cupcake balls! I have tried to swear off chocolate because it causes me pimples, but man sometimes it is so enticing.

That's so cool, Zany! I wonder if it would soften my hooves the bottoms of my feet, particularly my rough heels.

I just opened a big jug of kalamata olives a few hours ago so we could have Greek Salad with our meal. I stopped off at TPC Cash & Carry a couple of days ago after a Dr appointment in the Cities because I wanted to price their HO Canola (if they had any - and they did, but it costs less at Walmart.) However, the price of their Kalamata Olives can't be beat, and I got the last barrel on the shelf. If I don't make Kalamata olive bread, which I love, these will last us a good long time. Probably even if I do make the bread.

Soapy stuff: just envying you your beldi soap, which I know you put a lot of effort into learning how to make.

I am confused! Are these soap, bath bombs or chocolate candies/cupcakes? I see frosted chocolate covered cupcake balls! I have tried to swear off chocolate because it causes me pimples, but man sometimes it is so enticing.
Sorry... I should edit post.... they are chocolate treats! Actually pretty awesome. Hot chocolate bombs! Inside the chocolate balls are marshmallows and hot cocoa mix. Just plop them into a mug of hot milk and watch them explode! Lol not really explode, but still fun to watch!

What is their shipping like?
Not Zany, but it really depends on how far you are from the Chicago area, which is where they ship from.

For me, shipping's good. I have noticed however that, it's better to order 4 bottles (7-gallon size) of oils than one, in order to get a better deal. It pretty much costs the same to ship 4 as it does one. I have ordered larger orders than that, but if I want the bottled oils, I always order at least 4 to make the shipping worth the order.

Good question! I could use a tester... if you're up for the job, PM me. :)
If I don't make Kalamata olive bread, which I love, these will last us a good long time. Probably even if I do make the bread.
Drool. 🥴
Hot chocolate bombs! Inside the chocolate balls are marshmallows and hot cocoa mix. Just plop them into a mug of hot milk and watch them explode! Lol not really explode, but still fun to watch!
Oh my. Double drool! 🥴🥴

What is their shipping like?
Well, it depends. If you order just 1 gallon (7-8 lb) of an oil, shipping runs about $17. Best to order more than one oil to get the best shipping.

Date Ordered: Friday, September 4, 2020

COCONUT OIL 76, 7 LBS $13.58 12¢ /oz.
POMACE OLIVE OIL, 7 LBS $16.03 15¢ /oz
PKO, 8 LBS $18.64 15¢ /oz.
RICE BRAN OIL, 7 LBS $12.46 11¢ /oz

SUB TOTAL 60.71
SHIPPING & PROCESSING 24.29

TOTAL $85.00

Just poured the bars for my string pull. Ill unmold them tonight and do the string pull tomorrow. fingers crossed.

Well, it depends. If you order just 1 gallon (7-8 lb) of an oil, shipping runs about $17. Best to order more than one oil to get the best shipping.

Date Ordered: Friday, September 4, 2020

COCONUT OIL 76, 7 LBS $13.58 12¢ /oz.
POMACE OLIVE OIL, 7 LBS $16.03 15¢ /oz
PKO, 8 LBS $18.64 15¢ /oz.
RICE BRAN OIL, 7 LBS $12.46 11¢ /oz

SUB TOTAL 60.71
SHIPPING & PROCESSING 24.29

TOTAL $85.00

I just priced a 50 lb block of tallow and even with shipping, it's much cheaper per pound than I've found anywhere else. Also the cheepest grapeseed oil.

I unmolded this beautiful log of Abalone Sea just awhile ago. Made it late yesterday evening.

Attachments

• IMG_20201121_153516135.jpg
    IMG_20201121_153516135.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20201121_153524882.jpg
    IMG_20201121_153524882.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 18
I wasn't going to be making any more soap for this year because of cure time. My last market is on Dec. 13 and that's too short a cure time for new batches. However, this morning I got a FB note asking if I make Pine Tar soap; I explained about cure time and that it likely wouldn't be ready for Chrismas. She kindly said she'd still like some for her brother and it would be great as a birthday gift rather than a Christmas gift. His birthday is at the end of January. I have it all prepped; I'm just waiting to hear back from her as to what kind of fragrance her brother wants.

I can't believe how excited I am to be making soap again. (It's only been 5 weeks since the last batch.)

A couple of soaping friends put me in a happy mood today. The result was this citrus basil soap. Had to throw some pink in just because. I did a thin line pour down the side wall (plus lines of extra batter on top), swirled through from the top to the bottom, and I’m planning to cut like a slab mold. I’m crossing my fingers that it works out as planned.
0A5B72E9-66E1-41CA-AC15-0D206AC22451.jpeg

A couple of soaping friends put me in a happy mood today. The result was this citrus basil soap. Had to throw some pink in just because. I did a thin line pour down the side wall (plus lines of extra batter on top), swirled through from the top to the bottom, and I’m planning to cut like a slab mold. I’m crossing my fingers that it works out as planned.
View attachment 51756
LOVE the colors! Not sure why but pink and orange together is my fav combo and always makes me smile! Definitely bright and cheery! Can't wait to see it cut!!?!!

Today I just measured ingredients for a pipe swirl I wanna try on my day off. On a non-soap note ... before work I’m experimenting with hot chocolate bombs to make for my neighbors Christmas baskets this year! The kids and co-worker
I wasn't going to be making any more soap for this year because of cure time. My last market is on Dec. 13 and that's too short a cure time for new batches. However, this morning I got a FB note asking if I make Pine Tar soap; I explained about cure time and that it likely wouldn't be ready for Chrismas. She kindly said she'd still like some for her brother and it would be great as a birthday gift rather than a Christmas gift. His birthday is at the end of January. I have it all prepped; I'm just waiting to hear back from her as to what kind of fragrance her brother wants.

I can't believe how excited I am to be making soap again. (It's only been 5 weeks since the last batch.)
Pine tar soap is on my short list of must make soon soaps! I've yet to try my hand at it but get a lot of requests.

Pine tar soap is on my short list of must make soon soaps! I've yet to try my hand at it but get a lot of requests.
I wasn't going to make it this year but I know that every time I have it in stock, it does sell so I didn't mind the request. It won't go to waste, that's for sure. And it's a head start on next year's soaps. Win, Win.

I'm so weirded out right now. I finished pouring my soap at 230 this afternoon, went to my mom's, and came back at 7 to a loaf of soap pulled away from the sides of the loaf mold. I literally just grabbed the soap from the mold and not a centimeter was still stuck to it. I cut it and it cut just fine. I'm so confused. Same HP recipe as always, same water amount. Has to be the fo maybe? I can usually unmold at 12 hours but never, ever at 5 hours. 🤔

I'm so weirded out right now. I finished pouring my soap at 230 this afternoon, went to my mom's, and came back at 7 to a loaf of soap pulled away from the sides of the loaf mold. I literally just grabbed the soap from the mold and not a centimeter was still stuck to it. I cut it and it cut just fine. I'm so confused. Same HP recipe as always, same water amount. Has to be the fo maybe? I can usually unmold at 12 hours but never, ever at 5 hours. 🤔
I had that happen once for CP and was sure it was due to the FO. I cut the soap at the 7 hr mark and it was already quite hard.

I printed a million and a half labels and labeled and wrapped soap but it's taking me forever because I've somehow injured my wrist. Apparently just moving at my age causes injury. I was reaching for my tea and somehow my wrist went "POP" and now I can't use it very well. So I'm stuck not making soap for a bit or at least not my normal sized batches because I can't use my left wrist to hold anything more than a few ounces and I sure can't pour a bucket of soap with it. Argh!

I printed a million and a half labels and labeled and wrapped soap but it's taking me forever because I've somehow injured my wrist. Apparently just moving at my age causes injury. I was reaching for my tea and somehow my wrist went "POP" and now I can't use it very well. So I'm stuck not making soap for a bit or at least not my normal sized batches because I can't use my left wrist to hold anything more than a few ounces and I sure can't pour a bucket of soap with it. Argh!
I feel you. I leaned over to turn off a space heater and landed in the ER unable to stand up when i threw my back off. Hope your wrist feels better soon.

Latest posts

Back