What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying something like this this video this week for the first time. I hope! I love the red, white and black contrasting colors! Good luck with your pipe swirl!

I'm in love with this technique... in the video I watched, they used shea butter to 'glue' the tubes in.

These are phenomenal - just an incredible swirl of colors there. Well done!

Thanks so much! I was going for that French country look you see in fabrics and I think I somewhat achieved it.

Made two batches. One was Butterfly Orchid and the other was Raw Sugar and Mint. Pic is the Butterfly Orchid.

Attachments

• IMG_20201118_103030774.jpg
    IMG_20201118_103030774.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
they used shea butter to 'glue' the tubes in.
At the end of her video she mentions she should not have used beeswax because it was too hard to remove the pipes. She also recommends a butter of some sort. I also maybe heard from another video if you use a soft butter like Shea to freeze the mold after placing the pipes to keep them in place better. Then as you pour your batter it will soften and be easier to remove when done pouring. We shall see!!!!

What kind of cutter would someone need for a slab mold?
Are you handy with wood and nails and stuff? I made one to cut my slab mold into 3 inch wide logs. I also have others made to cut my logs into bars. That are pretty simple but get the job done and the only way I can cut a straight bar of soap.
image.jpg

But the pipe swirl in the video above I would only pour about 1 1/2 inch thick and cut the individual bars with my pizza cutter.
Bull 24128 PizzaQue Pizza Cutter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00569JE98/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_fNFTFbEFDYKFP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Someone on another forum suggested trying to make a snow globe soap. I haven't been able to get it out of my head since then. Been looking into possible ways to make it work off and on all day. I've officially been bitten by the research bug.

I cut my third batch of oatmeal milk and honey. This batch got really hot probably because I've been doing a 50% water discount. The sugars in the honey burned but goodness the scent it actually amazing. It smells like a rich caramel. I don't add fragrance to this soap because it's one of my top requested to have no fragrance added. The burned sugar smell in this really is lovely.
My burnt honey one smells like maple syrup lol.

Not sure how the inside is gonna turn out, I kinda made it up as i went along, but the top looks pretty lol.

And one of my pet peeves is bowed out loaves, so this is how i deal with it when the soap is higher than the mold. Usually i tie a string around the middle to hold it all in. Coupla few minutes to set up a bit, then cpop. I might like the ash on this one, so im not gonna cover it.

Smell is abalone and sea.

Attachments

• 9BDABD60-7CAC-4563-8DB5-AFC8471DFADF.jpeg
    9BDABD60-7CAC-4563-8DB5-AFC8471DFADF.jpeg
    176.4 KB · Views: 20
Been a very soapy couple weeks although I haven’t actually made soap. With the help of my husband I’ve got an official website! Hopefully I can start recouping some of my investment and share what I love doing. It launched today and I already got an order which surprised me! Wish me luck! ♥
Best of luck to you! 🌷🌷🌷 You make beautiful soap!!!

Been a very soapy couple weeks although I haven’t actually made soap. With the help of my husband I’ve got an official website! Hopefully I can start recouping some of my investment and share what I love doing. It launched today and I already got an order which surprised me! Wish me luck! ♥
You make beautiful soaps, and i absolutely love your site! Best of luck!!

I love them!

What kind of cutter would someone need for a slab mold?

I started out using a large kitchen knife to cut the slab into loaves.

Then I bought a pizza knife, the rocking kind.
1605825477731.png

Then I bought an adjustable slab cutter.

Then you cut the loaves as usual.

Or you buy or build inserts like this.

I started out using a large kitchen knife to cut the slab into loaves.

Then I bought a pizza knife, the rocking kind.
View attachment 51688
Then I bought an adjustable slab cutter.

Then you cut the loaves as usual.

Or you buy or build inserts like this.
I bought a 2 handled 15 inch cheese knife off Amazon for my slab cutting.

Latest posts

Back