What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today Ive ordered EO peppermint. re-calculated soap recipe trying to achieve 🚫soda ash, i've read a few links here & gonna try & have a positive outcome. Can someone suggest where to buy stencils for soap pull through design? found a few on amazon but all are to big. Thx in advance 💫🧼.
That’s it. Thank you!
Unmolded and waiting for me to do my mountain of dishes before I can cut them.
practiced piping into individual molds. It was awful! I keep doing it too soon, worried it’ll get to hard. I need to set a timer and walk away.

Attachments

• A2ECA298-47F4-48B5-8F56-2CAA3448EB87.jpeg
    A2ECA298-47F4-48B5-8F56-2CAA3448EB87.jpeg
    168.9 KB · Views: 25
That’s it. Thank you!
Unmolded and waiting for me to do my mountain of dishes before I can cut them.
practiced piping into individual molds. It was awful! I keep doing it too soon, worried it’ll get to hard. I need to set a timer and walk away.
Hope I didn't come across as being rude in saying "Thx In Advance" if thats what your statement above is referring to?.

ok here is "Fight of the Penguins" I cant wait to cut it

View attachment 51129View attachment 51130
Your soap looks Awesome 🧼💫.

Last edited:
I want to eat the brown one. And what was the technique for the white/green/red one? Well done on both.
Thanks @Zing The brown one is an expresso soap, one of my son’s favorites. The soap with the green and red swirls was done in a slab mold. You’re looking at the interior of the slab after a horizontal cut that left me with 1” thick full size bars from the top of the slab and 1/2” thick small bars from the bottom of the slab.

Well, i just made my champagne soap. It did NOT go as planned. It was supposed to be 3 layers...Top and bottom pale yellow, and a swirl in the middle. I had everything measured out just fine, which is the first time i separated oils and lye pre-soaping.

Then i had an idea lol. To add my yellow to 2/3 of the batch of oils so that the two batches were the exact same shade for both layers. The mica didnt mix well with just oils. I just needed to get things to trace at different times, so it made sense to me to put it in the oils first, then split and soap 3 different times, in three containers, well six after i split the middle batch.

Apparently this is beyond my skill set.

The yellow did not mix with the oils no matter how much i stirred. Then i had a brilliant idea to sb them (still just oils). Stupid bubbles. Ok... not in a terrible time crunch, except i have league at 5:00. So i stirred until the bubbles were gone. Mica is still not mixed in well with the oils. I tried separating into the two batches, one was yellow tinted oil, the other had most of the whole yellow. Uggh. So poured them all back together...repeat. I cant add lye yet, because one is the top layer and i dont want it to set up.

Plan B. Put all the yellow back into one pot and soaped. Yellow is way too yellow. Doesnt even matter at this point, i gotta be at pool league soon. Poured this 2/3 batch and waited for it to set up.

No idea now what to do with the last third, so i added td and did a gold mica swirl on top. Hopefully it looks like a glass of champagne lol.

Then i realized my oven and microwave clocks havent been set yet. So i still had an hour to play with. I was rushing for nothing.

Hope I didn't come across as being rude in saying "Thx In Advance" if thats what your statement above is referring to?.
Nope I had no idea. I mis read your comment. I got my pull through set up from wildplantanica.com her name is Chass and she’s fantabulous! She’s made me a few fun experimental plates too. Her directions were spot on! And I think the side mount is great!!!

Soap cutting dopamine rush is now called a soapamine rush. Sadly the dot come is already taken.
I’ll post proper in the gallery when I get the other two of the set done.
These two are Prosperity and Vitality. Can you tell which is which?
The next two are Love and Wisdom.

Attachments

• 95A623CB-B69A-48F5-95DA-423F81909077.jpeg
    95A623CB-B69A-48F5-95DA-423F81909077.jpeg
    201.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 17CD3A04-B335-4FC3-9955-DBEFCF92F0FE.jpeg
    17CD3A04-B335-4FC3-9955-DBEFCF92F0FE.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 10
  • FB813C84-DF9C-4FE9-BE17-4C9E4DFD9C04.jpeg
    FB813C84-DF9C-4FE9-BE17-4C9E4DFD9C04.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 130D5091-B1A2-4823-A82F-E2A20A1A031E.jpeg
    130D5091-B1A2-4823-A82F-E2A20A1A031E.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 9
  • A5E080E5-702D-41AB-83AA-93A9D3EC9A8C.jpeg
    A5E080E5-702D-41AB-83AA-93A9D3EC9A8C.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 55B1C2CB-3768-4B6D-8193-DB7DF5E369C7.jpeg
    55B1C2CB-3768-4B6D-8193-DB7DF5E369C7.jpeg
    228.7 KB · Views: 8
  • FEDFF4A5-AF1D-4304-8365-31D41311FDEB.jpeg
    FEDFF4A5-AF1D-4304-8365-31D41311FDEB.jpeg
    215.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 22385B79-EE9F-40E7-8058-DE0698BB48C0.jpeg
    22385B79-EE9F-40E7-8058-DE0698BB48C0.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 39F368A3-8B55-4FD7-86E9-7D7FC18FD86C.jpeg
    39F368A3-8B55-4FD7-86E9-7D7FC18FD86C.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 4D59C0B1-F47E-488A-8AEA-8334561E9B28.jpeg
    4D59C0B1-F47E-488A-8AEA-8334561E9B28.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 7
Soap cutting dopamine rush is now called a soapamine rush. Sadly the dot come is already taken.
I’ll post proper in the gallery when I get the other two of the set done.
These two are Prosperity and Vitality. Can you tell which is which?
The next two are Love and Wisdom.
Thx so much for your information appreciate it. This is such beautiful soap' my goodness. Yes I can see the difference Love & Wisdom seams like it has more cut outs in the designs as well as being a different pattern. I'ts amazing how different the "same pattern stencil looks using different colors" Im looking forward to seeing your other soap when you cut it. Is this your Website soapamine rush?.

Nope I had no idea. I mis read your comment. I got my pull through set up from wildplantanica.com her name is Chass and she’s fantabulous! She’s made me a few fun experimental plates too. Her directions were spot on! And I think the side mount is great!!!
Thank you' so much. I think this pull through design is beautiful. Yours looks fantastic. 💫🧼

I soaped today! It's my first landscape so am anxiously waiting to see if it turned out. It required soaping at thick trace which just got so tedious. I cannot frost a cake to save my life and so I am in awe of all the conversations about piping -- and good Lord, those penguins, looking at you, @msunnerstood -- so I'm nervous about the results.

Looking for any hacks or tips on how to handle soap that goes above the loaf mold. This was my first time doing so. I'm used to putting a piece of cardboard on top of the mold and then towels for gelling. Today, I put a couple of teaspoons on the edge of the mold, then cardboard, then towels.

@TashaBird: I have no words. Nada. What you do is beyond all get out.🤩
😷

I soaped today! It's my first landscape so am anxiously waiting to see if it turned out. It required soaping at thick trace which just got so tedious. I cannot frost a cake to save my life and so I am in awe of all the conversations about piping -- and good Lord, those penguins, looking at you, @msunnerstood -- so I'm nervous about the results.

Looking for any hacks or tips on how to handle soap that goes above the loaf mold. This was my first time doing so. I'm used to putting a piece of cardboard on top of the mold and then towels for gelling. Today, I put a couple of teaspoons on the edge of the mold, then cardboard, then towels.

@TashaBird: I have no words. Nada. What you do is beyond all get out.🤩
😷
I hear you about piping soap. I struggle with it and getting the right consistency and then spacing it right. Trust me I use my embeds to disguise some of the misplacement of my piping.

I cant wait to see your landscape. I know it will turn out fine. I love how adventurous you are in trying new techniques.

@Mobjack Bay that's a sexy espresso soap

@msunnerstood I wanna hug the ones laying down more now lol

@Catscankim and Mr. @Zing, your soaps will be fine :)

@KiwiMoose they won't notice the spots when they're looking at your beautiful soap..

To early for a soapy thing lol but the storm has eased up where I am, and that lotion bar order is going out for delivery later.

Thx so much for your information appreciate it. This is such beautiful soap' my goodness. Yes I can see the difference Love & Wisdom seams like it has more cut outs in the designs as well as being a different pattern. I'ts amazing how different the "same pattern stencil looks using different colors" Im looking forward to seeing your other soap when you cut it. Is this your Website soapamine rush?.
These are two different plates. I am going to document the plate with the design this go around. I have no idea which plate does what.

Latest posts

Back