What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok...time for some soapy humor. Here’s the video my husband randomly started taking while I was attempting my first Tall Skinny Shimmy for the challenge. I can’t believe I’m posting this as I’m looking pretty rough with my pjs, dollar store readers and hair thrown up last minute, but I thought you would get a kick out of it. Be sure to unmute because the commentary and my uncontrollable cackling is what makes it. 😂
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0PDHvs39qmj7M4SPeMVMaVwWw#Brick
There's no way I would have made it past the "applying the British racing green"!

Do you think this would work with soap dough? Anyone ever used a “cookie extruded”?
No I haven't but thinking its a great idea' 👍🏼

Gunspuppy.
I'm viewing this site on my I-Pad. what I did was push link to open' Link went right into my Photos / Videos' Then I chose to download' then I saw a 2nd video right under 1st one & clicked that video' it opened & video came up pushed to play.

Thanks Peachy Clean Soap. Hopefully I will remember to. It's one of the things I always forget 😂
Yes its easy to do when your busy. Sorry my msg came up twice' ugh lol 🤗🧼

I did a non weird, non soap challenge soap lol. Simple white and yellow itp swirl with White Tea and Pear from Nurture. I did more yellow than i should have, so it might be yellow and white instead of white and yellow lol. It smells juicy though, so either way is ok. Wish i could have done two loaves at once, but i dont have a big enough soaping container, and i needed to do something easy without all the math after this challenge lol.

Someone said something about velcro to keep your mold from bowing, sorry i cannot remember who it was. I dont have velcro, so i started tying lengths of yarn instead. Pita, but it works. I hate trying to trim the edges to make it even.

Trying to get this all in one msg lol

ummmm....i was at work today, and all the nurses that i had previously given soap to for Nurses Week are super excited and love my soap. All lard soap. Even one smelly fragrance that i hated lol. One girl said to give up my day job 😁.

The biggest proudest moment was that they were talking about how great the SOAP was, not just the fragrance or deco.

One of the guy nurses asked if i could make a soap that smells like zest. Im like yeah (i hate zest lol) but lime cilantro from elements smells like that.... He said that his wife loves the coconut soap i gave him, and she wants more of that, and he wants the zest smelly soap. He wanted to know if there is a sign-up sheet somewhere LOL

I inquired a while back at a green market, asking if they had soap makers out of curiosity. This lady emailed me yesterday asking if i could come sell soap. But the funny thing....she said i needed a 10x10 tent. I get that part with the size. I said all i had right now is a 12x12 tent. She got all annoyed and said it had to be 10x10 with sandbags, and a lot of blah blah annoyed stuff about the 12x12 lol. I get it, just saying thats all i had. YOU called ME lol. I told her i would get back to her when i got the right size.

And im not sure about what to do with sandbags lol. I know, hold down the tent...but where do you put them? The tent i have (12x12 one lol) nails into the grass. Where do you get sandbags? My biggest problem with this venue, is that i gave away a lot of soap for nurses week. I have a lot of soap to sell, but not enough to make a nice display, if that makes sense. Plus if i were to happen to sell all of them soaps, i dont have back ups to do another market. I just counted, i have about 75 sellable soaps (I have a lot more, but not sellable based on size etc, imo). I have a lot more curing, but thats all i have right now that are ready to go. Gonna have to pass I think. I know, i am giving myself a lot of credit on how many i could sell, but i never want to look like i am running out.

I did a non weird, non soap challenge soap lol. Simple white and yellow itp swirl with White Tea and Pear from Nurture. I did more yellow than i should have, so it might be yellow and white instead of white and yellow lol. It smells juicy though, so either way is ok. Wish i could have done two loaves at once, but i dont have a big enough soaping container, and i needed to do something easy without all the math after this challenge lol.

Someone said something about velcro to keep your mold from bowing, sorry i cannot remember who it was. I dont have velcro, so i started tying lengths of yarn instead. Pita, but it works. I hate trying to trim the edges to make it even.

Trying to get this all in one msg lol

ummmm....i was at work today, and all the nurses that i had previously given soap to for Nurses Week are super excited and love my soap. All lard soap. Even one smelly fragrance that i hated lol. One girl said to give up my day job 😁.

The biggest proudest moment was that they were talking about how great the SOAP was, not just the fragrance or deco.

One of the guy nurses asked if i could make a soap that smells like zest. Im like yeah (i hate zest lol) but lime cilantro from elements smells like that.... He said that his wife loves the coconut soap i gave him, and she wants more of that, and he wants the zest smelly soap. He wanted to know if there is a sign-up sheet somewhere LOL

I inquired a while back at a green market, asking if they had soap makers out of curiosity. This lady emailed me yesterday asking if i could come sell soap. But the funny thing....she said i needed a 10x10 tent. I get that part with the size. I said all i had right now is a 12x12 tent. She got all annoyed and said it had to be 10x10 with sandbags, and a lot of blah blah annoyed stuff about the 12x12 lol. I get it, just saying thats all i had. YOU called ME lol. I told her i would get back to her when i got the right size.

And im not sure about what to do with sandbags lol. I know, hold down the tent...but where do you put them? The tent i have (12x12 one lol) nails into the grass. Where do you get sandbags? My biggest problem with this venue, is that i gave away a lot of soap for nurses week. I have a lot of soap to sell, but not enough to make a nice display, if that makes sense. Plus if i were to happen to sell all of them soaps, i dont have back ups to do another market. I just counted, i have about 75 sellable soaps (I have a lot more, but not sellable based on size etc, imo). I have a lot more curing, but thats all i have right now that are ready to go. Gonna have to pass I think. I know, i am giving myself a lot of credit on how many i could sell, but i never want to look like i am running out.
Can't wait to see the white and yellow (or yellow and white) swirl! I love the White Tea and Pear fragrance from Nurture. It is one of my favs. I made a batch with it not long ago, but ruined the color - which was supposed to be uncolored with thin pink and green swirls - by pouring lye water too quickly into oils that had honey in them and the sugars burned and turned brown. But - it smells awesome!! Thanks for bringing up velcro around the TS mold. I had completely forgotten about it and was getting frustrated with my mold bowing. Funny about the lady at the market and the 'zest' soap, lol!! 😆

Ok...time for some soapy humor. Here’s the video my husband randomly started taking while I was attempting my first Tall Skinny Shimmy for the challenge. I can’t believe I’m posting this as I’m looking pretty rough with my pjs, dollar store readers and hair thrown up last minute, but I thought you would get a kick out of it. Be sure to unmute because the commentary and my uncontrollable cackling is what makes it. 😂
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0PDHvs39qmj7M4SPeMVMaVwWw#Brick
TOO FUNNY and your husband is good humor! I'm super late for work now. So refreshing to see something real. When I soap in my head I'm comparing myself to the YouTubers and I'm not even close. I was impressed with your emulsion, though!

Look up tent weights on Amazon. Mine have Velcro straps that wrap around each of the tent legs. My tent came with pegs but our market is on an asphalt driveway; pretty difficult to use pegs there. And the sandbags work. One of our markets was up at a local winery and it got windy. We were in a bit of a wind tunnel with the wind coming in directly off the lake. Several tents had no weights (or minimal weights) and they were not at all stable. One tent was damaged and one tent blew right over, almost hitting a child and his dog. Those of us with sandbags stayed put.

All the markets I'm familiar with in our area specify 10 x 10 tents. One lady rents two spots and uses a 10x20 tent.

One girl said to give up my day job 😁. The biggest proudest moment was that they were talking about how great the SOAP was, not just the fragrance or deco.
Wonderful news! Good for you! Your comment about "fragrance or deco" should be taken under consideration. Both add to the cost of the soap. You can improve your profit margin by leaving at least the deco part out and concentrate on finding fragrances that sell. ;)
LOL If there isn't a sign-up sheet, there should be one. List what you have available hopefully to sell those first. Don't miss this opportunity to improve your capital account so you can buy more stuff to make more soap. (And thus begins the vicious cycle. :D)

I have about 75 sellable soaps (I have a lot more, but not sellable based on size etc, imo). I have a lot more curing, but thats all i have right now that are ready to go. Gonna have to pass I think. I know, i am giving myself a lot of credit on how many i could sell, but i never want to look like i am running out.
This part is well thought out. Best to post in the business section for imput, though. When I was working for my wholesale customers, all the soap they needed was ready to ship by the end of October/early November for the Holiday markets. You really do need to plan ahead. If t'were me, I would find out where the market is held and scope it out for next year. :thumbs:

Look up tent weights on Amazon. Mine have Velcro straps that wrap around each of the tent legs. My tent came with pegs but our market is on an asphalt driveway; pretty difficult to use pegs there. And the sandbags work. One of our markets was up at a local winery and it got windy. We were in a bit of a wind tunnel with the wind coming in directly off the lake. Several tents had no weights (or minimal weights) and they were not at all stable. One tent was damaged and one tent blew right over, almost hitting a child and his dog. Those of us with sandbags stayed put.

All the markets I'm familiar with in our area specify 10 x 10 tents. One lady rents two spots and uses a 10x20 tent.
We just did an outdoor market last weekend and it got very windy. We had the canopy and one back wall on the tent with 20lbs of weight around each tent leg (80lbs total) and it didn't budge. We use the kind of weights that have a slot and they can be stacked up around the tent leg. I also found these on amazon.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 8
Bummer...I had to share it via iCloud link. Is that maybe only for Apple devices? I’m not tech savvy. It took me forever to figure out how to share. Maybe someone who knows can chime in?

Thanks to you and the others who posted! It seems I just could not watch it on my iPhone for some reason. I was able to watch it on my laptop though. So much fun!! Thank you for sharing, Jersey Girl!

As for me, this morning I cut yesterday's tester, with my first ever drop swirl! Once again I had acceleration, and I ran a spoon through the swirl a couple times because I was afraid it hadn't dropped at all, but it came out better than I was expecting. I was not, however, careful enough with the cheese slicer and for the first time have horribly uneven bars! 😂

tester.jpg

I want to do the breakaways a bit different so I bought a mold instead of the 6 cube clamshells.
I'm going to start with clamshells - if I decide I like working with wax enough to make something to sell. At the very least I would like to have something for personal use, as the local maker I used to buy from went out of business, and far too many of the commercial ones irritate me. I literally get stuffed up as soon as the wax starts melting in the melter - I don't know what it is, their wax blend or the FO's they use? But from soapmaking I know that the FO's I use don't bother my sinuses this way, so I should be ok to use them in my own melts. I have a lot of cute themed single embed molds that would make the right sized wax melt, so if I do this I would eventually incorporate some fun shaped melts. I've also seen some cupcake shaped melts that would be fun... but maybe more work than I care to do lol. So many ideas! But for now... Immajust keep it simple.

Did I mention I have tomorrow off work and I'm going to play in my soapy dungeon and I'm soooo excited! LOL.

Your tops are stunning! What were your colorants? Have you done this before? I like using activated charcoal but as an accent color because I'm paranoid of bleeding. Let me know how yours turns out. Really beautiful work. And no, you are not the only one who's impatient to unmold! And not just for the soap I made tonight, but now for yours too, so thanks a lot.

Non-soapy but this weekend I planted 125 bulbs and now have to wait until Spring. It's way worse than curing time! Why oh why did this impatient man choose gardening and soaping as hobbies?!

Tonight I made a Christmas tree soap (reverse secret feather). I've been focusing on emulsion -- I mainly use the stick blender to stir, with just a couple of blasts -- but am always paranoid that I stopped stirring too soon. I used fir needle/rosemary/spearmint/cedarwood essential oils at 4% of oil weight but it is still faint. Smells good, but faint.

So I'm on pins and needles about emulsion and if the design works out and the scent. I've been on a kick lately of making 2 loaves at a time. But tonight I only did one loaf because of the complexity. If it doesn't work out, I'll do a re-do. I'm pushing the limit here on holiday gifts and curing time!
Sorry I just got this I used activated charcoal yeh with a small amount of soap batter to get the black then the rest with the other part of soap batter to get the grey colour it has turned out to be one of my best soaps I have made so far and it smells really good too :) I only added a small amount of pumice as I didn’t want too much of it

Latest posts

Back