What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I realized yesterday I couldn’t start right in making soap. I decided to commandeer one of the kitchen closets and use it for all my equipment, mold, oils, etc. I got everything non-soap related out and put up in the pantry and now I’m taking a break before I start washing the shelves. After being an invalid in a wheelchair for over a year Im pretty out of shape. Arrgghh!

Ok...time for some soapy humor. Here’s the video my husband randomly started taking while I was attempting my first Tall Skinny Shimmy for the challenge.
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0PDHvs39qmj7M4SPeMVMaVwWw#Brick
Oh my goodness! I laughed so hard, so many times, that tears started rolling down my face! I'm in love with your DH! He has the "perfect" British commentary type voice and pacing heard on the golf channel. He could go pro. At the very least, he deserves an Emmy!
:winner:

Thanks for sharing!

What's your YT handle?
Hopefully it's ok to share... ugh. I'm struggling with the linkup process through the firewall here at work. Try searching for A Misty Dimness Soap. I appreciate your interest - and just so you know, my new videos are more for people who just want to watch soap being made and not so much learning about soapmaking, but I do include the "details" (suppliers of FO/color, lye concentration, additives, etc) in the video description, so if you're looking for that not all of it will be in the video. I think in the future I may add just a 1 minute intro to each video to cover this stuff... or not. I'm slowly learning that "good enough" is better than NOT DONE at all. :D

Oh my goodness! I laughed so hard, so many times, that tears started rolling down my face! I'm in love with your DH! He has the "perfect" British commentary type voice and pacing heard on the golf channel. He could go pro. At the very least, he deserves an Emmy!
:winner:

Thanks for sharing!
😂😂😂😂. I was hoping everyone would get a good hard laugh out of it. I sure did! He’s pretty funny...he loves his golf watches enough of that and Tour de France that he should be good! Lol
ETA...I told him we should start a YouTube channel...””The Soaping Comics” 😂

Hopefully it's ok to share... ugh. I'm struggling with the linkup process through the firewall here at work. Try searching for A Misty Dimness Soap. I appreciate your interest - and just so you know, my new videos are more for people who just want to watch soap being made and not so much learning about soapmaking, but I do include the "details" (suppliers of FO/color, lye concentration, additives, etc) in the video description, so if you're looking for that not all of it will be in the video. I think in the future I may add just a 1 minute intro to each video to cover this stuff... or not. I'm slowly learning that "good enough" is better than NOT DONE at all. :D
Excellent! If you want, you could film a "how to make soap safely" tutorial, link it in your descriptions, and mention it briefly at the start of every video, and focus elsewhere forever after. Or you could just say you assume your viewer knows how soap is made. Not every soap video has to be a tutorial for how to make soap.

I was able to find your channel and watch your video! Very nice!

you could film a "how to make soap safely" tutorial
I have one of those in the editing queue - it was a request from some people who have taken classes from me to refresh their memories when they venture on their own. You see how far I got on that... sigh.

Not every soap video has to be a tutorial for how to make soap.
YES! And once I realized that the people I want to interact with on YT are not a) customers and b) how-to-ers... I want to interact with soapmakers, that completely changed my mindset on how film and edit videos.

Very nice!
Thankyou! I am a bit chuffed at myself though for the Ocean soap as I had intended the main part to be blue and the accent colors to be white and aqua, but I had just realized I didn't line my mold, so in my rush to get colors mixed in and get the mold lined, I messed up the order. It still turned out cool... I'm just my biggest critic. :D

I worked on Labels today' had to change out all my labels' I was wanting something quick & fast' I got tired of the double cigar band & the job involved so I decided to use a little tag & stick pin it to the soap'. I can hear your sighs now' lol 🤣😀, I know wrong' wrong' wrong'!! I should of listened to my intuition' knowing that wasn't wise but it did look good, however the stick pins started to tarnish' ugh not good' not to mention its not safe either' being some people wouldn't know to remove the stick pin before use' hard to believe but could happen' then theirs the risk of children' & getting stuck!, It wasn't a good choice on so many levels. Changed them all out. yay. 🧼🏷😉

Ok...time for some soapy humor. Here’s the video my husband randomly started taking while I was attempting my first Tall Skinny Shimmy for the challenge. I can’t believe I’m posting this as I’m looking pretty rough with my pjs, dollar store readers and hair thrown up last minute, but I thought you would get a kick out of it. Be sure to unmute because the commentary and my uncontrollable cackling is what makes it. 😂
Is that your husband reading the rules to you? He's a stitch!

I have not done much actual soapy things of late, I did make a soap on Saturday, but have mostly spent my time editing the gazillion and one soap videos I've done in the last year and trying to get them published to YT. So far I'm scheduled out at one video a week into December. I'm hoping to have all the videos and edited and uploaded/scheduled by the end of this coming weekend. Once I forced myself to do the editing, made notes so I would remember HOW to do the editing, and then just do it, it's not the monster task I once thought it was. I think it also helped that I adjusted my video expectations to what I can easily manage in the video editor, and the type of content that I watch. So unlike my past videos, you don't have to put up with my yammering, they're in speedup mode, and edited to show the good stuff. Most of the videos are about 3-4 minutes long, which is about all the time [ahem, attention span] that I have to watch a video. I'm quite pleased with how things are turning out.

So once I'm done catching up on the video queue, I'll get back to work making soap. I have Friday off work, but I also have 21 jars of sugar scrub to make for a custom order, and I want to play with wax melts.
I havent had wax melts on my site for a while and its actually what I started out with but since the weather got cooler ive been getting requests for them again so im jumping back in.

I want to do the breakaways a bit different so I bought a mold instead of the 6 cube clamshells. We will see how it goes. Ive actually made wax tart peanut butter cookies that looked so real my kids were ticked. I doubt ill get that fancy this year though.

Ok...time for some soapy humor. Here’s the video my husband randomly started taking while I was attempting my first Tall Skinny Shimmy for the challenge. I can’t believe I’m posting this as I’m looking pretty rough with my pjs, dollar store readers and hair thrown up last minute, but I thought you would get a kick out of it. Be sure to unmute because the commentary and my uncontrollable cackling is what makes it. 😂

Im not sure how to access this?? When I click on it it tries to open shared files then declines the action and I end up in my own photos. Help? I want to see!! 🙂

Im not sure how to access this?? When I click on it it tries to open shared files then declines the action and I end up in my own photos. Help? I want to see!! 🙂
Bummer...I had to share it via iCloud link. Is that maybe only for Apple devices? I’m not tech savvy. It took me forever to figure out how to share. Maybe someone who knows can chime in?

Is that your husband reading the rules to you? He's a stitch!
Yes...that’s him. Lol

I put my Winter Bliss soaps that I made Sunday into their harvest basket today to cure for 6 weeks. Still need to wash the dishes from that pour 😬 20201021_194503.jpg

Attachments

• 20201021_194426.jpg
    20201021_194426.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 20201021_194606.jpg
    20201021_194606.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20201021_194654.jpg
    20201021_194654.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20201021_194734.jpg
    20201021_194734.jpg
    247.9 KB · Views: 16
That was a blast! SO fun!!

Latest posts

Back