What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookie what I gots meeself!
IMG_20201019_193422.jpg

It was posted in one of those second hand apps (where I previously got my bigger cooker, my molds and some other stuff) and it's still in excellent condition. And the seller lives near my cousin so he picked it up on his way here.

Now I can make smaller batches and my SB will still sink in, and I can make min. 3 colors simultaneously for one batch of soap that's bigger than my current batch. So happy!

No other soapy thing other than to make lotion bars for an order.....

Speaking of lotion bars, I stumbled upon this
IMG_20201019_194243.jpg

It's my reseller! She just posted a couple of days ago and sold 12, and all with 5 stars! This is a local app very similar to amazon... I'm so happy!

It was posted in one of those second hand apps (where I previously got my bigger cooker, my molds and some other stuff) and it's still in excellent condition. And the seller lives near my cousin so he picked it up on his way here.
Now I can make smaller batches and my SB will still sink in, and I can make min. 3 colors simultaneously for one batch of soap that's bigger than my current batch. So happy!

It's my reseller! She just posted a couple of days ago and sold 12, and all with 5 stars! This is a local app very similar to amazon... I'm so happy!
Doin' the Happy Soapmaker's Dance for you! :hippo::hippo::hippo:

Good and bad day with soaping. I made a batch of spearmint soap. This is the second time that I had problems with Spearmint essential oils in soap. It will rice quickly! So I had to work hard and fast to get in the mold. It looks all crackly (due to the ricing). Anyone know of a good spearmint oil to use that won't cause this problem? The second soap was a Eucalyptus Mint oil that worked wonderful. It is the peachy pink soap. Smells divine. Oh well, you sometimes have fails and try to learn from your mistakes.

Attachments

• 20201018_144311.jpg
    20201018_144311.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 27
Good and bad day with soaping. I made a batch of spearmint soap. This is the second time that I had problems with Spearmint essential oils in soap. It will rice quickly! So I had to work hard and fast to get in the mold. It looks all crackly (due to the ricing). Anyone know of a good spearmint oil to use that won't cause this problem? The second soap was a Eucalyptus Mint oil that worked wonderful. It is the peachy pink soap. Smells divine. Oh well, you sometimes have fails and try to learn from your mistakes.
Welcome, Pamela! Posts tend to get buried pretty quickly in this thread, so you might want to start your own thread on the topic of ricing Spearmint essential oil. Also, please introduce yourself in the Introduction Forum, so we can get to know you a bit

View attachment 50685

View attachment 50686
Yay! I recently found one of these at a garage sale for $10 in perfect condition. You'll love it!

My soapy thing is another fun soap tonight
121815755_381837363191829_4957492474275519837_n.jpg

Today I unmolded soaps made from @Zany_in_CO no slime castile soap recipe again. I love it! I'm still not great with being patient waiting for eyes to set, but these will be for the grandkids for Christmas along with some other types and masks. I'll practice on being patient in the meantime with further tries. I also have been working on a recipe with kokum butter at 10 % as @earlene suggested since I have it) but I'm thinking if my mother does well with the castile, I won't have to be concerned about the coconut. I have started pricing the cost of the bars, and I'm beginning to understand more.

Attachments

• elsa soap.JPG
    elsa soap.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 27
So this lady just received her lotion bars, at work, and opened them up while some of her office mates were in the room.. She immediately wanted more! For her and the colleagues. Some love em unscented - my beeswax smells like honey and the cocoa butter is unrefined and I personally love that combo, but some are now discussing scents. Yey!

Getting together some Christmas soap bundles.. Trying to source local handicrafts as packaging. I'm excited!

I soaped up a storm today! I made some elf poops that are looking super cute! I used the “Liquid Tallow” which I was discussing in a thread with that title. It worked ok for the poops, a simple ITPS (in the poop swirl! 😆)
But then I tried to make a couple of pull throughs and the difference in the tallow definitely made a difference! Hopefully they aren’t just a blur. Also, I think I’ve cracked the code for turning my Savage Garden from NS from blue green, to green green. I add a bit of yellow and neon green. So, tomorrow will be a couple of hopefully fun reveals. I’ve got a big fat mess to clean up first though!

Attachments

• D73CF320-D4A5-4FC6-B156-1BE131702D51.jpeg
    D73CF320-D4A5-4FC6-B156-1BE131702D51.jpeg
    153.8 KB · Views: 14
  • 6A9E6154-7C3C-4345-879D-6708475C744B.jpeg
    6A9E6154-7C3C-4345-879D-6708475C744B.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 14
I soaped up a storm today! I made some elf poops that are looking super cute! I used the “Liquid Tallow” which I was discussing in a thread with that title. It worked ok for the poops, a simple ITPS (in the poop swirl! 😆)
But then I tried to make a couple of pull throughs and the difference in the tallow definitely made a difference! Hopefully they aren’t just a blur. Also, I think I’ve cracked the code for turning my Savage Garden from NS from blue green, to green green. I add a bit of yellow and neon green. So, tomorrow will be a couple of hopefully fun reveals. I’ve got a big fat mess to clean up first though!
YAY for Poops!

I need a shipping station. Just not enough room on one stainless steel table for the boxes, bags, tissue, bubble wrap, samples and soap. Im really re-thinking printing my own labels after printing 30 labels, cutting them out and then fighting to peel them. My feet are killing me but I got it all done.

Super cute! Are those brown squirrels or what in that top row?
Thanks Zing!! Yes, brown squirrels. Actually used rose clay but they kind of look like soft brown lol. I’m going to try maybe a little more of the rose to see it makes a difference with the next batch . Some of my grandkids have squirrels in the yard they watch so I thought they might like ! Took another picture so you could see. Not the best lighting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 16
I had a super prepping day yesterday. It was way too hot here, but the garage where my soap making area is, is nice and cool. I’ve learned that cocktails and soap making don’t mix. But clean up and prepping is a different story. The cool garage was the place to be yesterday!
now I’m ready for a run of soap making!!
Also, I’m considering posting this collage photo to my soaping social media account as a way to explain why I charge more for my kaleidoscope soaps vs my loaf soaps. 😆
Love your workshop' Yep you defiantly look like a soaper 🤩🧼🤗

View attachment 50685

View attachment 50686
Thats so awesome' on both. yay 👍🏼🧼

Thanks Zing!! Yes, brown squirrels. Actually used rose clay but they kind of look like soft brown lol. I’m going to try maybe a little more of the rose to see it makes a difference with the next batch . Some of my grandkids have squirrels in the yard they watch so I thought they might like ! Took another picture so you could see. Not the best lighting.
I have that same owl mold; it's so cute! I sold some of the owl soaps this past weekend at a craft show.

So about 2 hours later I opened the oven where I had put the 4 batches of soap I made last night and I was hit by a wave of heat. I hadn't even heated up the oven before I put them in, I just stuck them in the oven to keep them out of the way while they set up. I grabbed my temp gun and my oven was 170 degrees F just from all of the soap being in there. I never realized that having so much soap in the oven would actually heat it up so much. I guess I got a CPOP after all. lol

I have that same owl mold; it's so cute! I sold some of the owl soaps this past weekend at a craft show.
Nice! I got these at Hobby Lobby on sale. I only got one. I wish I had bought another one. I’m addicted to them now . I don’t sell yet, but I’m making some more today because they’re so fun 😂

Didn't make soap. It's bed weather today (not that I got to stay in bed with this toddler around lol), and my arm hurts.

But I'm testing different packaging for an international custom order (cousin's sister in law based in Dubai) and this tester goes to another cousin here. I changed my lotion bar recipe a bit and I want to see if she can tell.

And since its my cousin and just a tester, I doodled. Brings me back to high school. I used to doodle random tattoos all over my arms in between classes lol
IMG_20201021_005519.jpg

Cut my first try for the SMF Oct challenge. Also made applesauce in the crockpot, using apples from our daughter’s apple tree. So weird to use the stick blender to reach applesauce stage and actually be making applesauce, not HP. 😜
Last time I made applesauce in my crockpot I forgot about it and it became more like Apple butter and the kids wouldn’t eat it. I’m gonna make more tomorrow so fingers crossed I remember to set a timer. 😏🤩

Back