What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just poured my cupcake bases. even got some spatter in the box just like I was blending cake mix (this is why gloves and safety glasses are good as well) as soon as they cool, ill be piping and decorating them. The smell in here makes me miss chocolate sooo much.

View attachment 50641
I want to take a bite of that!

Glad to hear your thoughts on them @Jersey Girl! I've only tried Earth Meets Sky in a 1lb batch of beer soap. It's only a month old but I've loved it from the start. Fragrance is so hard for me and some of the descriptions, including the reviews, smell nothing like what my brain registers when I smell them.
This is the perfect scent for beer soap. I have a flat beer in the fridge that you have inspired me to use for my first attempt! Earth Meets Sky is hands down my favorite scent of the 75+ fragrances I’ve tried.

Only thing I did was fondle turn 1
Is that all you got done today? Just kidding! Can't wait to see the cut. Also what quality does wine add to soap?
i don’t know...it feels like all my other soap but looks like meat. Lol

Attachments

• B293B0D0-DEA5-4AF8-8B2B-D3F7E119A3E4.jpeg
    B293B0D0-DEA5-4AF8-8B2B-D3F7E119A3E4.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 35
Driving home from vacation today and stopped at a roadside store in a very small Central Valley town. Saw a soap display, with 6 oz. bars wrapped in a few layers of tissue paper, listed for $12.99/bar.
View attachment 50377

Had to look them up after all the fires there and I'm ecstatic to say they've survived!! Look them up on FB. They're in St. Helena CA

Wish I had better lighting but at night it's hard to see the glitter. there are white and brown jojoba beads, sparkle plenty, and halo glitter. Once it cures I'll add a cupcake paper.
View attachment 50649
Oh how cute'

Today had my recipe all ready to go & minutes after I poured EO in it froze up' I had two colors' I couldent even do a pot in swirl' omg all I could do is plop it in the mold as fast as I could! press it down. I not sure how its going to turn out' I just hope I don't have a lot of air bubbles & doesn't look awful.

Just poured 26 lbs of my Sun & Sand clone I call Beach Bum. Finishing up the evening with working on labeling, and packaging.View attachment 50644
Wow your gonna be busy' hope you post pictures

I've had a fairly productive day. I made a batch of White Wine Whimsy soap this morning. It's made with an inexpensive (and not very tasty) local white wine and scented with Champagne Kisses FO. Then, in preparation for Christmas gift packages, I made a batch of bubble bath (unscented and uncoloured for now... to be scented and coloured when my bottles get here), a batch of Foaming Mud Masque, a small batch of cocoa butter peppermint lip balms (18 tubes), and a batch of cuticle oil (still waiting for the bottles to show up). I also took a break and took myself out for lunch since I haven't really had a true day off in weeks. At least, that's what it feels like. Tomorrow, will be another production day.

View attachment 50647
Very pretty' sounds like you'had a long productive day.

I had a super prepping day yesterday. It was way too hot here, but the garage where my soap making area is, is nice and cool. I’ve learned that cocktails and soap making don’t mix. But clean up and prepping is a different story. The cool garage was the place to be yesterday!
now I’m ready for a run of soap making!!
Also, I’m considering posting this collage photo to my soaping social media account as a way to explain why I charge more for my kaleidoscope soaps vs my loaf soaps. 😆

Attachments

• A61EAF39-1611-49E9-BBEF-25C10FC73C10.jpeg
    A61EAF39-1611-49E9-BBEF-25C10FC73C10.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 34D2E7C9-5C22-4284-AF76-559E194D80E2.jpeg
    34D2E7C9-5C22-4284-AF76-559E194D80E2.jpeg
    264.8 KB · Views: 27
I had a super prepping day yesterday. It was way too hot here, but the garage where my soap making area is, is nice and cool. I’ve learned that cocktails and soap making don’t mix. But clean up and prepping is a different story. The cool garage was the place to be yesterday!
Also, I’m considering posting this collage photo to my soaping social media account as a way to explain why I charge more for my kaleidoscope soaps vs my loaf soaps. 😆
I soooooo wish I had a space like this to soap. My home is very small and it’s so hard to juggle all the supplies. I love organization and do my best to make good use of space, but....I want a soap shed! 😂

Do it! :secret:Help non-soap people understand how hard we work for the details! 😁

I soooooo wish I had a space like this to soap. My home is very small and it’s so hard to juggle all the supplies. I love organization and do my best to make good use of space, but....I want a soap shed! 😂
My kitchen is super small! But, I repurposed this spot in the garage, and it has a big utility sink. I only rarely used it for occasional crafts before I started soap making. It has made a huge difference!
I can’t wait to replace my masonite countertop though! It’s awful!

Today had my recipe all ready to go & minutes after I poured EO in it froze up'
TIP: When that happens, leave the SB or Spoon in the batter, set the timer for 5 minutes and walk away. When you come back, the batch is most likely going into gel. Easier to stir and mold up. ;) :thumbs:

For the first time ever, we're bathing with soap made by ourselves! This is a remarkable milestone! Simply unforgettable.
Good for you! It's night and day compared to commercial soap. My skin has never been better.

Kinda soapy -- went thrifting and picked up some dishes for my soap shop. Still relatively new to town and grateful to find a decent second hand store.

Good for you! It's night and day compared to commercial soap. My skin has never been better.

Kinda soapy -- went thrifting and picked up some dishes for my soap shop. Still relatively new to town and grateful to find a decent second hand store.
Wondering where we've been all along! :). Home made soap is the real deal. Now looking at adding some really nice ingredients until we have a soap made in heaven, you know what I mean. That feeling

Today I made some soaps for the first time using Tussah Silk. They also have goat's milk and are scented with Cashmere Cream FO from WSP and Honey Blush mica from Nurture Soaps. I'm going to package them in the organza bag with silver scrolls. It's hot process soap so I tested a little scrap out after it was cooled and it's so nice. It really is silky and smooth.

Attachments

• IMG_0037.JPG
    IMG_0037.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 27
Just got done pouring the base for my coach comet soap. I used Christmas Cattle FO and was hesitant using a scent I havent used before but found I really like the scent. I dont usually enjoy fall and Christmas type scents but this one I do.

Also came to the realization im going to have to cut back the amount of tallow I use. About a year ago i started having bad coughing fits along with watering eyes and runny nose if i went in the kitchen while someone was cooking hamburger. It was so bad Id have to eat in the other room or id spend all of dinner fighting to take a complete breath.

the last two soap batches, I had the same symptoms as soon as I started stick blending. Because I HP, id have to assume its the hot tallow

Today I made some soaps for the first time using Tussah Silk. They also have goat's milk and are scented with Cashmere Cream FO from WSP and Honey Blush mica from Nurture Soaps. I'm going to package them in the organza bag with silver scrolls. It's hot process soap so I tested a little scrap out after it was cooled and it's so nice. It really is silky and smooth.
I use silk in all of my soap. Great sheen, no skin drag, and great label candy.

Latest posts

Back