What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used blues and greens when I soaped with it last. I wouldn’t use it in a challenge soap though. It’s too expensive and special and if you end up not liking the outcome and shredding it you will lose the scent. I’ve learned to be very conservative with scents for challenges. Lol.
I told myself the last challenge to not use any scent in case i screw it up lol. But what if it comes out great lol. Doubtful, but what if LOL.

But i might heed your advice on this one. I used my afternoon tea on my last fail and i just had to order more

Took my soap out of the oven early so hubby can make his fabulous Pineapple Upside-Down Cake for my BIRTHDAY (tomorrow).
That's my DH's favorite too! A DH that bakes? Lucky you!
Happy Birthday.gif

I told myself the last challenge to not use any scent in case i screw it up lol. But what if it comes out great lol. Doubtful, but what if LOL.

But i might heed your advice on this one. I used my afternoon tea on my last fail and i just had to order more
Yeah...if I think it’s going to be a difficult design that I’ll need multiple attempts to get right, I dont use any fragrance. They are just too expensive to waste on a soap I may shred or rebatch.

just poured my cupcake bases. even got some spatter in the box just like I was blending cake mix (this is why gloves and safety glasses are good as well) as soon as they cool, ill be piping and decorating them. The smell in here makes me miss chocolate sooo much.

View attachment 50641
They look eatable 😊. I wear my regular glasses and today i had a soapy mess situation. Got batter on my lenses. I have goggles for work, but they dont fit over my glasses. TG i at least had the glasses on. It woulda been in my eye.

Glad i had my glasses on though. Im getting contacts soon, so i will be able to wear my goggles.

I have a face shield at work. I dont have one for soaping. I will look into it.
The one in the link I provided is more expensive than the ones we bought, so definitely shop around. They are super comfy to the point that I forget I have them on. And so much better than the shields with the elastic band that jacks up the back of your hair and makes a semi permanent indentation on your forehead. 😁

I've had a fairly productive day. I made a batch of White Wine Whimsy soap this morning. It's made with an inexpensive (and not very tasty) local white wine and scented with Champagne Kisses FO. Then, in preparation for Christmas gift packages, I made a batch of bubble bath (unscented and uncoloured for now... to be scented and coloured when my bottles get here), a batch of Foaming Mud Masque, a small batch of cocoa butter peppermint lip balms (18 tubes), and a batch of cuticle oil (still waiting for the bottles to show up). I also took a break and took myself out for lunch since I haven't really had a true day off in weeks. At least, that's what it feels like. Tomorrow, will be another production day.

20201017_100443_HDR.jpg

I've had a fairly productive day. I made a batch of White Wine Whimsy soap this morning. It's made with an inexpensive (and not very tasty) local white wine and scented with Champagne Kisses FO. Then, in preparation for Christmas gift packages, I made a batch of bubble bath (unscented and uncoloured for now... to be scented and coloured when my bottles get here), a batch of Foaming Mud Masque, a small batch of cocoa butter peppermint lip balms (18 tubes), and a batch of cuticle oil (still waiting for the bottles to show up). I also took a break and took myself out for lunch since I haven't really had a true day off in weeks. At least, that's what it feels like. Tomorrow, will be another production day.

View attachment 50647
Is that all you got done today? Just kidding! Can't wait to see the cut. Also what quality does wine add to soap?

As a social services director, it is a good thing to watch your choice of words. 😂
This is all good clean fun, because, you know, it's soap!

Is that all you got done today? Just kidding! Can't wait to see the cut. Also what quality does wine add to soap?
The wine is mostly for label appeal. We live in an up and coming wine region (the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia) so, why not? I also make a red wine soap (Merlot Madness) and a dark ale soap (lots of micro breweries around here, too).

Really, I should have done even more but I just realized I've used up all my small containers. *sigh*

Last edited:
Unmolded my face soap, whipped up a small batch of lip balm, tried another body butter recipe, and made my first ever batch of bath bombs. I made a few beginner errors in shaping the bath bombs. I tossed a broken-off piece in a bowl of water to test it, and it fizzed nicely and made the water very moisturizing, so I'm very pleased.
A Bitter Creek Vanilla stabilizer comparison- both the square block and the hearts have the exact same FO. The block has green mica without VS, and the hearts have pink and gold Mica with VS. The hearts (future face soap) have a slightly tan hue due to Slippery Elm bark and sugar.

Attachments

• 16029895886389147464293718101796.jpg
    16029895886389147464293718101796.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 6
Good for you! I love Nurture molds! Of the FOs you listed I have used 4
Earth Meets Sky...LOVE it. Do NOT judge it OOB. Smells terrible OOB. Magic in soap.
Orange Patchouli...Love it!
Afternoon Tea...Love it!
Oatmeal Milk & Honey...A little almondy but I like it.
Ive never tried Rose Geranium but would love to hear your thoughts once you soap with it!
Glad to hear your thoughts on them @Jersey Girl! I've only tried Earth Meets Sky in a 1lb batch of beer soap. It's only a month old but I've loved it from the start. Fragrance is so hard for me and some of the descriptions, including the reviews, smell nothing like what my brain registers when I smell them.

Back