What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Made green clay and Moringa soap today :)
IMG_20201010_161247.jpg

The lighter parts is just TD mixed in. I'm expecting clumps lol but hopefully not too many. This batter was thicker than my usual... I wonder if it's coz it was cooler today than usual. Oh well..

I have not been able to do anything with the mangosteens, they've dried up and are quite brown now lol maybe we'll eat up some more and I'll try then haha

Last edited:
Driving home from vacation today and stopped at a roadside store in a very small Central Valley town. Saw a soap display, with 6 oz. bars wrapped in a few layers of tissue paper, listed for $12.99/bar.
View attachment 50377
That is a nice wrap; I like it.

St. Helena was affected by the wild fires, so the fact that you were able to find this soap is remarkable to me. The Glass fire (the name of the one near St. Helena) is still burning, in fact and 78% contained as of this morning per the Cal Fire website. (As a native Californian with family still there, I pay attention to these fires, particularly when I know people in the vicinity, which I do in St. Helena, where the Napa Soap Company is located.)

Its probably that expensive because its “Nappa Valley” me thinks. I like the package. Is that really 6oz? It looks small.

i woulda bought it just to weigh it lol

I've seen handmade soap that expensive and more in many other places around my travels, not only in California. That boils down to $2.165 per ounce, which is actually cheaper than some soaps I've seen that are one-third the size/weight.

Photographs can be deceiving when it comes to size & weight, particularly when taken straight-on like that. We don't see the depth of the soap and with only the tips of fingers to compare size, it really is too hard to tell how big it may be overall.

Had a dream that I wasn't allowed to make soap because I wasn't a qualified train engineer...
QUOTE FROM THE DREAM DICTIONARY: To dream of a train can often give you insight on whether you feel like you are on the right track in life or if you feel disconnected from others. 😁

It's time to make soap! It's cheaper than therapy.

Made some Tallow, Coconut and Olive Oil CP with Pipe Tobacco and Cashmere from NG and it smells heavenly. Made a two wick soy candle to match because that scent is just so yummy! ☺

First time with multiple hand made embeds and first time piping. May have tried to put too many things. Hope they’re not all mushed together. Wish I’d waited a bit to pipe, the last bit I squeezed out when I was cleaning up was perfect with great definition! I was nervous and piped too soon and they weren’t very defined. Now I know. Made up for it with hologram glitter. You can see my plan in the diagram. Now they incubate! Hope I can use my wire cutter.
Also, got some air bags in the mail today from a SMF friend. Sure grateful! Thank you @cmzaha

Attachments

• 9D4D1CB4-FD62-4B13-8D2C-8624EE8DC0FD.jpeg
    9D4D1CB4-FD62-4B13-8D2C-8624EE8DC0FD.jpeg
    118.3 KB · Views: 16
  • AA751368-0D70-4466-BA06-8A901CB23F87.jpeg
    AA751368-0D70-4466-BA06-8A901CB23F87.jpeg
    196.8 KB · Views: 17
  • AFC83BEC-2E06-454D-9674-531F7181CF15.jpeg
    AFC83BEC-2E06-454D-9674-531F7181CF15.jpeg
    134.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 0D178312-5148-4F22-90A3-9780DB307482.jpeg
    0D178312-5148-4F22-90A3-9780DB307482.jpeg
    353.7 KB · Views: 23
  • CD7EC832-6C31-4DF5-A728-EEED657EB27F.jpeg
    CD7EC832-6C31-4DF5-A728-EEED657EB27F.jpeg
    278.1 KB · Views: 29
First time with multiple hand made embeds and first time piping. May have tried to put too many things. Hope they’re not all mushed together. Wish I’d waited a bit to pipe, the last bit I squeezed out when I was cleaning up was perfect with great definition! I was nervous and piped too soon and they weren’t very defined. Now I know. Made up for it with hologram glitter. You can see my plan in the diagram. Now they incubate! Hope I can use my wire cutter.
Also, got some air bags in the mail today from a SMF friend. Sure grateful! Thank you @cmzaha
It looks lovely! I can't wait to see the cut!

Ouchie that is a wee costly. Can I ask what town you stopped in?
@cmzaha It was just south of Fresno at Bravo Farms in Traver, CA.

@earlene it was a 6oz bar, per the label. Having grown up and gone to college and graduate school in various areas of California’s Central Valley, and having traveled most of the state for work over the last 30 years, I can say confidently that price would be high but doable in Napa, Sonoma, and parts of the Bay Area. Or even some stores in San Luis Obispo, Ventura, or Carlsbad. But for an economically depressed small farming town in that area, that is double the list price of most handcrafted soap one sees for sale.

KimW, I absolutely love this thought! "Had a dream that I wasn't allowed to make soap because I wasn't a qualified train engineer... "
This is what I did today. Well, not all of it I made in one day, but there's that.
View attachment 50387
im speechless. My favorite movie of all time. I love love love this. are the embeds soap dough?

Nice job on the piping. my first time was a disaster, Cant wait to see the cut

Latest posts

Back