What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not soapy, but have spent the day researching lotion labeling. I'm a bit ahead of the horse as I haven't done the challenge testing yet, but labels are my nemesis.

Just cut a family member's favourite soap - activated charcoal with tea tree, lavender & litsea EO

Attachments

• IMG_1530.jpg
    IMG_1530.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
I cut my pink clay salt bar... looks pretty much like Holly's at Kapia Mera soap which is what I was going for. I wanted a little better top but it just wasn't setting up like I expected.
So beautiful!! Question: How long before you unmolded and cut? I make salt bars in individual molds but have been scared to try a salt loaf, for fear of missing the point of being able to cut. But it seems more efficient to make a loaf.

So beautiful!! Question: How long before you unmolded and cut? I make salt bars in individual molds but have been scared to try a salt loaf, for fear of missing the point of being able to cut. But it seems more efficient to make a loaf.

Thank you! I only used 10% salt - I made it early afternoon and cut the next morning. It wasn't rock hard at all - easy to cut.

Not today, but yesterday... I soaped after not having made any soap for about a month. I made a brine soap scented with Blackberry FO from Aztec Candles. The FO smells so sweet and yummy, good enough to drink! Haha. Once I started separating ingredients, I realized I had actually forgotten to bring the new temp gun I bought (I soap at my boyfriend's house), but I was determined to proceed anyway. I may have soaped a little hot so it accelerated a bit, but I got the job done and I'm happy to be outta the slump. 😌

Cut a batch of soap this morning. Broke 3 strings on my cutter. Of course I had just replaced the last two spare strings in my possession over the weekend, so I have to order more strings. I think I'll have hubby do the replacing this time as I'm pretty sure two of three that broke were the ones I just replaced so I'm obviously doing something wrong.

I got my nurture soap package yesterday and made a Christmas soap with the teeny tiny 2 pound mold just because LOL!! And i love them! Right now it has a cow print soap for my friend for Christmas! She loves cows :)
I am supposed to be getting the Bramble Berry stuff Friday. I guess Emailing them did work! XD And we ordered a soap cutter for my birthday! YAAAASSS!! i am sosososo excited! I am making a bunch of small batches of soap for christmas as personal presents, but im not cutting the loafs, just unmolding them, and waiting for the cutter. Its.So.Hard. i hate waiting LOL!

Back