What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This past Sunday's market was my best ever; and when I got home, I received a text from a friend from my past. She and her husband stopped by for a visit and before they left she purchased nearly $100 of soap (spending her vacation dollars). I completely sold out of two batches of soap so I'm scrambling to make more (not a bad problem to have, really). I've decided I'm going to start making larger batches from now on, especially of some of the regular batches.

This time, though, I just made a small batch of my Lemon & Poppyseed soap as I don't have a divider or hanger swirl tool long enough for my large molds. It's scented with a combo of Freshly Zested Lemon and Sweet Orange. Here it is in the mold.

20200915_175150.jpg

Cut the pumpkin spice coffee soap today. There are some glycerin rivers in the top part, but overall, I'm quite pleased.
I experimented with making the orange super bright to compensate for brown discoloration from the FO. I want a natural pumpkin pie color.
If that ring around the top and edges is an indication, I think it may work.

Attachments

• 20200916_130021.jpg
    20200916_130021.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 40
This past Sunday's market was my best ever; and when I got home, I received a text from a friend from my past. She and her husband stopped by for a visit and before they left she purchased nearly $100 of soap (spending her vacation dollars). I completely sold out of two batches of soap so I'm scrambling to make more (not a bad problem to have, really). I've decided I'm going to start making larger batches from now on, especially of some of the regular batches.

This time, though, I just made a small batch of my Lemon & Poppyseed soap as I don't have a divider or hanger swirl tool long enough for my large molds. It's scented with a combo of Freshly Zested Lemon and Sweet Orange. Here it is in the mold.

View attachment 49633

You can use 'fresh' lemon zest? I thought that was a no no? Lemon Poppyseed is on my list of things to do as well. The top on yours looks lovely

I realized I didn't show cut pics lol. Here's the red reef clay soap.
View attachment 49636
And... Tadaaa! Cold processed lard soap
View attachment 49635
There's a surprise inside from my son, can't wait to cut it. And no, no toddlers were harmed in the making of this soap - he's been asleep since I started making it lol

Love the colour... is that the name of the clay - Red Reef? Where is it from?

I made experimental wrap labels for my soaps (not selling yet of course) but working on the non-soapy end of selling in the future. They are just on paper right now. I don't want to waste card stock on printing experiments.

Working with Word, its what I am fluent in LOL. I think I have it right though. It took lots of reprints and resizing stuff. I tried Excel, which I am also fluent in, but it didn't work out as well. Zany was my inspiration with a post from last year on cigar wraps.

I made experimental wrap labels for my soaps (not selling yet of course) but working on the non-soapy end of selling in the future. They are just on paper right now. I don't want to waste card stock on printing experiments.

Working with Word, its what I am fluent in LOL. I think I have it right though. It took lots of reprints and resizing stuff. I tried Excel, which I am also fluent in, but it didn't work out as well. Zany was my inspiration with a post from last year on cigar wraps.
I was doing something similar a few weeks back, for giving soaps to friends, just to get a feel for it (and to make them look a little more polished) and I found that I REALLY like the avery online template tool.
https://www.avery.com/software/design-and-print/
I used a business card template to design "labels" and then printed using regular card stock and used a paper cutter.
I didn't have to waste any paper or mess with resizing at all. I also had good luck using it with their actual labels.
I then wrapped the soap in tissue paper and attached the card w/ tape.

Here's what the card stock one looked like:

(to note: I am not officially selling, but I do have plans/would like to sell MP by next year and CP/HP the year after. So I'm just getting a feel for labels and such. I KNOW this does not contain all the required label info for selling. It was just a test.)

Attachments

• 20200907_113730.jpg
    20200907_113730.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 40
I was doing something similar a few weeks back, for giving soaps to friends, just to get a feel for it (and to make them look a little more polished) and I found that I REALLY like the avery online template tool.
I used a business card template to design "labels" and then printed using regular card stock and used a paper cutter.
I didn't have to waste any paper or mess with resizing at all. I also had good luck using it with their actual labels.

(to note: I am not officially selling, but I do have plans/would like to sell MP by next year and CP/HP the year after. So I'm just getting a feel for labels and such. I KNOW this does not contain all the required label info for selling. It was just a test.)
I love the Witchy, I am not sure what it is though. Is that a dragon fly? I'm on my laptop. Things aren't showing up as I am used to.

I use Avery as well. I made a front label and a back label with ingredients. I use scrapbook paper which matches the soap and the labels stick it all together. Works for for the time being.

I'm hoping to sell maybe next year as well and my daughter (who is a graphic designer) is working on a cigar band and a logo for me... this is what she's come up with so far...

Attachments

• label (2).jpg
    label (2).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 34
Back