What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First attempt at secret feather hanger swirl. Just cut these now. Im in love. Didnt think i could pull it off.

The smell is Lemongrass and Sage by Elements

Attachments

• 808B0C72-714C-4206-AFA8-56490C87D7C9.jpeg
    808B0C72-714C-4206-AFA8-56490C87D7C9.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 41
First attempt at secret feather hanger swirl. Just cut these now. Im in love. Didnt think i could pull it off.
That is a great first attempt and I know how tricky it is! I too watch the video a hundred times every time before I do one. Keep us posted on your progress -- and if you learned any tips or tricks.

Well, they didn’t turn out as bad as I’d feared. I didn’t account for scraping batter out for the mountains and I wound up w barely enough to cover the moons. I was distraught last night. 😆
I kind of love them.
Gorgeous

I made a beach type soap. Design fail, but I love the scent. Mango, Pina Colada & Georgia Peach combo.

Attachments

• 19D8B2C2-DEE1-4A76-BA27-5205C98B4C7C.jpeg
    19D8B2C2-DEE1-4A76-BA27-5205C98B4C7C.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 32
I decided to do a practice run of this months soap challenge technique. I opted to use natural colorants....charcoal, chlorella, cacao and just left a portion natural and I also swapped out coconut water for the water. I used a combo of oils that I wanted to start using up before they get old, and used a mix of patchouli, lemongrass and bergamot. It all started out quite well and I liked the way it was pouring initially. Started to feel excited. Before long though, the charcoal and chlorella batters starting thickening faster than the other two. I started trying to rush to get it in, but it stopped giving me the nice wave. :( So basically a fail for my first practice attempt, but I am sure that I will still like the way it turns out even if it wasn't what I was going for.
Next attempt I will go with a tried and true recipe, skip the coconut water and keep it a little more simple so I have more time to play. Lesson learned!

I decided to do a practice run of this months soap challenge technique. I opted to use natural colorants....charcoal, chlorella, cacao and just left a portion natural and I also swapped out coconut water for the water. I used a combo of oils that I wanted to start using up before they get old, and used a mix of patchouli, lemongrass and bergamot. It all started out quite well and I liked the way it was pouring initially. Started to feel excited. Before long though, the charcoal and chlorella batters starting thickening faster than the other two. I started trying to rush to get it in, but it stopped giving me the nice wave. :( So basically a fail for my first practice attempt, but I am sure that I will still like the way it turns out even if it wasn't what I was going for.
Next attempt I will go with a tried and true recipe, skip the coconut water and keep it a little more simple so I have more time to play. Lesson learned!
Yeah, it’s always best to go with a tried & true recipe when working on a Challenge.

Yeah, it’s always best to go with a tried & true recipe when working on a Challenge.
I agree, but I was looking at this as practice rather than thinking it would be my actual entry so I opted to make up a recipe that incorporated some of the oils I want to start using up. I saw it as a "killing two birds with one stone" kind of thing. What I did determine though is, I love the look of the chlorella as a green, and from what I have been reading, it sounds like it is the natural green colorant that seems to stick the longest. Now I have a sample to do my own longevity test. fingers crossed as it is really pretty imo.

The smell is Lemongrass and Sage by Elements
These bars look great! I bought a swirling tool but I haven't found a good FO and recipe to try it on on yet. I'm a little scared to be honest!

These bars look great! I bought a swirling tool but I haven't found a good FO and recipe to try it on on yet. I'm a little scared to be honest!
I have done a few batches with the hanger swirl. This is the first one that came out as planned. It only took one dip and swoop to get it out.

all of the videos i have watched...they go too fast and i cant tell what they are doing lol. So i end up making a mess out of the inside.

Played with my new pull-through soap tool from Love Your Suds. :)
I'm trying to using up old micas.
Usually prefer plainer soaps, but this technique is so much fun. Every cut feels like a birthday present.

3rd attempt. Getting closer! & I love this color combo.
View attachment 48602

Edit: formatting
Those are just awesome.. Almost like those mandalas people color in when they're stressed lol. I wouldn't want to use em if I had one haha. Good job!

I attempted to make a Milky Way CP with MP soap with the galactic skies FO I bought from Brambleberry. Just cut it today. I’m thinking my next attempt, I’m going to increase the amount of activated charcoal because it turned out lighter than I expected. It was darker as a batter. I added some purple but you can hardly tell since the “black” was almost the exact same color! I’ll also decrease the amount of white. I have holes in them from where I placed the MP cuttings. Any ideas on how to prevent this?

Smells amazing though!

Attachments

• 755E20CB-C8F6-4443-8C7C-7833E0A9343A.jpeg
    755E20CB-C8F6-4443-8C7C-7833E0A9343A.jpeg
    276.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 64DCBF49-D309-4CEF-ADDA-865F485B95AE.jpeg
    64DCBF49-D309-4CEF-ADDA-865F485B95AE.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 40
I joined the August challenge - my first. This is my first Christmas themed soap. I have to say it looks a little more like a cosmic swirl than a cosmic wave! Guess we'll see what the inside looks like tomorrow. The batter seemed kind of thin in the beginning and the wave was a bit muddled but it got a bit better. Then at the end, it was quite a bit thicker so wasn't really waving as such. I'm only a hobbyist so trial run is final run for this technique but I'm happy for the challenge and the practice. I made the biggest mess ever while pouring this one.

Back