What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pic doesnt do it justice but these pig soaps are so stinkin cute. Im going to polish it a bit when its more solid but I couldnt wait any longer to unmold one.

pig.jpg

I learned the hard way last night that TD can not overcome a large amount of 10x orange EO... ☹️
Now I’ll have gold and light yellow, I guess. In hind sight, when I want white and I saw that dark blend of EO, I should have saved the EO blend for another batch of dark soap, and chosen another EO combo. I thought I’d see what TD was capable of, since it’s new to me. Guess I found out.

Loving my pull through plates! Getting MUCH better at the whole messy complicated process. This time I put the soap in the freezer before unmolding, also smeared Vaseline inside, it slide out with none of the schmearing that I got on yesterdays mold. I did get some TD spots because I scrambled, panicked, and tried to whiten up after using 10x orange EO. Anyway, here they are.

Attachments

• 3860ECC1-D728-4299-A1ED-9FF0478BABE3.jpeg
    3860ECC1-D728-4299-A1ED-9FF0478BABE3.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 28
  • B3FFE0B4-2828-4E60-813F-CBB2C3F7FB3E.jpeg
    B3FFE0B4-2828-4E60-813F-CBB2C3F7FB3E.jpeg
    234.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 1A4A4EED-9350-4222-834F-7F5E1C080B17.jpeg
    1A4A4EED-9350-4222-834F-7F5E1C080B17.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 25
My latest batch of goat's milk scented with Vanilla Fig from WSP. This one is a nice Fall scent and sold well at craft shows last year (in melt and pour soaps). It's got an 8% vanilla content so I'm curious to see how much the color will change. It's only been a couple of days and it's already browning a little around the tops. I'm hoping it will still keep some of the purple but maybe just turn darker. This is the first batch I made using micas from Nurture Soaps. I saw people posting about them here and decided to try them out and they are really nice.

Loving my pull through plates! Getting MUCH better at the whole messy complicated process. This time I put the soap in the freezer before unmolding, also smeared Vaseline inside, it slide out with none of the schmearing that I got on yesterdays mold. I did get some TD spots because I scrambled, panicked, and tried to whiten up after using 10x orange EO. Anyway, here they are.
Those soaps are absolutely gorgeous! They look more like ceramics/pottery than soap. Very impressive!

Attachments

• IMG_9516.JPG
    IMG_9516.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 26
Just got back from a camping trip and had the last of my recent new supplies. All set up in my new soaping area. I’m super excited to try soaping in this area, instead of my kitchen! I’ve got a new cylinder column mold with a pull through design that sounds like a whole new thing... happy to be home! YAY!

So jealous... wish I had a dedicated place to soap other than my tiny kitchen!

I keep pushing the envelope with how early I can unmold my soaps. I just cut these. I put them to bed to gel just 8 hours ago. I do use a lot of hard oils so I’m sure that helps. I used a new to me FO. Cool Citrus Basil. They smell wonderful! They remind me of candy corn.
View attachment 48538

Great technique!

I'm still enjoying my morning coffee but I plan to soap shortly. I have a few on my list of things to do but think I may go with a confetti bar made with AC.

So jealous... wish I had a dedicated place to soap other than my tiny kitchen!
The new space is a game changer! Still a few tools needed and adjustments to make. But I’m feeling super grateful for it!

The new space is a game changer! Still a few tools needed and adjustments to make. But I’m feeling super grateful for it!
It’s still coffee dog snuggle time over here too. But, fortunately I have more screen time for soap stuff than for news!

My son refused to drink some Carabao (water buffalo) milk that's been in the fridge for a few days... I tried it and it smells and tastes fine so I'm gonna try to soap with it tonight.

Fingers crossed..... I've never soaped with animal milk before lol
Could be the start of something wonderful!

My son refused to drink some Carabao (water buffalo) milk that's been in the fridge for a few days... I tried it and it smells and tastes fine so I'm gonna try to soap with it tonight.

Fingers crossed..... I've never soaped with animal milk before lol
Tadaaa!
IMG_20200813_023741.jpg

Not very glamorous, but it is soap hehe. In fact, it's my first batch since March.

Bonus pic of off-the-pot lather
IMG_20200813_023635.jpg

Well, I decided to make the AC Confetti soap - inspiration was posted here not long ago. I've been wanting to make it for a long time but was waiting on some ingredients. I changed the recipe quite a bit and used cubes from my turmerica/carrot soap. I angled the bottom layer which has no confetti in it and put a gold mica line on before pouring the remainder of the batter which has the confetti. I plopped some of the cubes along the top and made a bit of a design with the gold mica in oil. Oh, I tried using a pipette to place a few gold dots here & there in the bottom layer. I'm cautiously optimistic about the cut.
I have a bit of a problem trying to rein it in. There is only 1 thing where I think 'more is more' and that's everything Christmas. Otherwise my aesthetic and philosophy is generally 'less is more'. I'm having trouble with the 'less is more' when it comes to soap making! :oops:
Here is the 'wet' soap. I was going to call it 'Black Tie' but now I'm thinking maybe Gold Nuggets or Motherlode... what do you guys think?

I just realized I forgot to add an oil... 45 gr of Acocado Oil - my superfat is at 7% - do you think it will be ok?? :(
Soap 29 - Motherlode.jpg

Last edited:
Today was a milestone in my soaping journey. I made my 100th batch of CP soap. Made my first batch on January 30th so that’s a lot of soap in just over 6 mos. Grateful for all I’ve learned and continue to learn here on the forum and for the friendship. ♥
That’s huge! Just made my 30th yesterday and was thinking what 100th would be like. Congratulations!!!

Well, they didn’t turn out as bad as I’d feared. I didn’t account for scraping batter out for the mountains and I wound up w barely enough to cover the moons. I was distraught last night. 😆
I kind of love them.

Attachments

• 04F48D55-2B4D-45D3-8679-C5D9C3F1E1F3.jpeg
    04F48D55-2B4D-45D3-8679-C5D9C3F1E1F3.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 15A5E823-5DE8-4339-AED1-F77B065D34D9.jpeg
    15A5E823-5DE8-4339-AED1-F77B065D34D9.jpeg
    133.2 KB · Views: 19
Well, they didn’t turn out as bad as I’d feared. I didn’t account for scraping batter out for the mountains and I wound up w barely enough to cover the moons. I was distraught last night. 😆
I kind of love them.
They really are beautiful! I know that compared to what you wanted they aren't as good, but compared to them not existing they're fantastic, and the world is a prettier place with them in it. 😁

Caught my salt bar just at the right time to cut. Very happy haven't made these is so long

I kind of love them.
Love 💜

Attachments

• 20200813_153134.jpg
    20200813_153134.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 34
Back