What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In preparation for this months challenge, I took another stab at the one-pot wonder technique with HP this morning. (sort of similar pour as the challenge) While i think the results will be fine, I have come to realize that no matter how fluid HP is, it doesnt pour the same as CP so Im sure i wont have the distinct lines CP would have offered. I will post cut pics when it happens.

I do still intend to attempt the August challenge..because...stubborn.

Very nicely done!, I love the drop swirl. I haven't mastered it yet. but the moulds I've been using are probably too small.

Maybe if you decide to leave out the blue layer, save a bit of the soap batter from each colour and drizzle some of the red, orange and yellow on top of the loaf and then take a straw and trace some figure8 or some kind of oval leaf-shaped twirls on top of the loaf. It can maybe make a cool pattern of autumn leaves for the top of your soap.
I was thinking some tea leaves on the top? I used autumn equinox from nurture soap, and it has chamomile tea smell to it!

I was thinking some tea leaves on the top? I used autumn equinox from nurture soap, and it has chamomile tea smell to it!

I LOOOVE Chamomile (and lavender) My 2 favourite flowers. All my dried chamomile flowers became so dry they started to crumble to powder. So it wouldn't work for decorations on top. But they still smelled great, so I just powdered them with a stick blender. I'm planning to add the powdered flowers to some of my soaps for a bit of gentle scrubbyness and for a bit of smell.

I powdered my lavender too. Lavender looks like mouse poop, so I rather use powdered lavender. And the smell is out of this world. (I just add lavender and chamomile Essential oils to add to the smell)

How did the colours and soap look and feel? I followed instructions to put soap in the fridge for 3 hours. Next day the colours where pastel (nice) but the soap is tackier than usual. I'm guessing it's because of the extra water present as I usual place in the oven.
I like it. Caramel color. Also I did the same with 100 percent of olive oil

My colorants came in last night, so of course i had to make soap at 8:00 at night! Me and my friend were on FT while i was making it, and she wanted to see me cut it, and it turned out better than i thought it would! I got the inspitation from western colors and clothes like these:
View attachment 48280

And i am VERY happy with how it turned out!View attachment 48284
That’s lovely!! The colors
I am organizing my soap room. You know, I bought a 6' rack to try & avoid clutter but then just bought more and filled the shelving.

On some up news, my rubber ducky soap mold will be here Saturday!
In our bodies when we have an empty cavity it fills itself up with fluid or whatever, so why wouldn’t we tend to fill empty spaces on the outside too? Lol

I made a couple batches of shave soaps for my son this weekend. Yay!! I haven't made soap in months and it felt good to get my equipment out and make something. I have been taking a break from soaping purely to force myself to use up my ridiculous huge stockpile of bars. I find myself lathering up in the shower twice sometimes - once with one bar, second time with another. :D I do need to get some salt bars made soon so that they are cured and ready to use by the time my current ones are used up. I am freaking loving my salt bars.

So I saw the post with the August challenge with the zigzag swirl pattern. And I thought I'd give it a try.
Lols. It did not go well. The soap base I tried was WAAYY to thick. I added my lye and literally, only Hand whisked my batter for about 40 seconds to a min and it got Thick. I didn't even touch a stick blender.

No time for swirls, or for adding fragrance/EO's, I just had to plop the soap batter in my mould.
At least I got to try out my new silk. I added it into the lye water. I'm curious to see how it feels when its cured.

I just unmoulded 6 hours later and cut my soaps. There are a few air pockets. but the soap looks ok. Not what I intended, but it looks ok.

I still want to try the August challenge, but I need to work on a recipe that won't trace to fast.

The oils I have at my disposal are Beef Tallow, castor, sweet almond oil, coconut, Shea butter, avocado butter and I think I have canola oil in the kitchen cupboard. I just need to work on a combination that will give me time to do the swirls

116674922_282163436212021_4104914206988914020_n.jpg

ok here is the soap from this morning while attempting the one-pot wonder pour, HP edition. The batter was fluid but the colors didn't move together as cp would. Still love how it turned out though. They are not yet beveled as in my weekend organization, I'm not sure where I put my peeler. The scent is Blue Volcano.

blue2.jpg

I've been up since 5:30 (it's going on 10 a.m. now) and I've made two batches of soap since my husband's been up. Both my red and white wine soaps are in the oven and I'm trying to decide what to make next. Or rather, I'm procrastinating by pretending to decide; I know what I should be making -- shampoo bars. However, I'm totally unmotivated to make them even though they're quite popular and I'm all out of them.

I finally made my first batch of soap after many many hours of watching and reading! I was so nervous. There was a tiny mishap with the FO but I think it turned out okay. The rose FO accelerated way too fast I couldn't dump it out fast enough to swirl. That’s why there are large chunky areas of color.

I actually love the look of the soap, and like the chunky areas of color. You did a great job on your first soap. Keep soaping!

I have a sprained wrist so I haven’t been able to soap for two weeks so far. It’s so sad to visit my soap room and do nothing.
I am currently living vicariously through all of you. Beautiful soaps!! 🙂

Attachments

• 0F2C10C8-797F-4FC9-B3FD-72D5F3D2DB95.jpeg
    0F2C10C8-797F-4FC9-B3FD-72D5F3D2DB95.jpeg
    194.7 KB · Views: 30
Back