What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those do look nice! If you can still fish those plastic molds out of the trash, although they are pretty much for MP, you can use a release spray or a light coating of mineral oil if you want to use them for CP or HP soap.
Good to know for the future. I had to bend them so much to get the soap out, they're pretty crumpled and no longer lie flat. If I needed them again, I would probably buy new ones so I could get a flat pour. Currently, the little molds are what I use for tiny experimental batches since they dry out faster, and I don't want to spend that much time unmolding every experiment.

My colorants came in last night, so of course i had to make soap at 8:00 at night! Me and my friend were on FT while i was making it, and she wanted to see me cut it, and it turned out better than i thought it would! I got the inspitation from western colors and clothes like these:
1596307899052.png

And i am VERY happy with how it turned out!
2F3D20E0-EABE-42DF-AEAF-F3A0E2C2333A.jpeg

My colorants came in last night, so of course i had to make soap at 8:00 at night! Me and my friend were on FT while i was making it, and she wanted to see me cut it, and it turned out better than i thought it would! I got the inspitation from western colors and clothes like these:
View attachment 48280

And i am VERY happy with how it turned out!View attachment 48284
Looks great. Love the colors!

View attachment 48280

And i am VERY happy with how it turned out!View attachment 48284
Nice interpretation.

I finally made a couple of batches of soap today, after I'm not even sure how long. I need to be making quite a bit more soap in the near future. Our markets are scheduled to go every other Sunday into December, barring any more Covid outbreaks. As well, a friend wants to sell my soap in her orchard shop. I'm getting a little low on soaps so I really need to get busy over the next few weeks.

Today's soaps were salt bars, which are quickly becoming my best seller, and a Patchouli Orange soap. I've had numerous requests for patchouli in a soap so I figured it was time. Because I let the salt bars cure for a minimum of three months before I sell, I need to be making more every month for the next few months. In the box at the back is my last batch of salt soap, made early in July. The patchouli soap also has a mica pencil line; I'm looking forward to seeing the cut.

20200801_102923.jpg20200801_145451.jpg

I finally made a couple of batches of soap today, after I'm not even sure how long. I need to be making quite a bit more soap in the near future. Our markets are scheduled to go every other Sunday into December, barring any more Covid outbreaks. As well, a friend wants to sell my soap in her orchard shop. I'm getting a little low on soaps so I really need to get busy over the next few weeks.

Today's soaps were salt bars, which are quickly becoming my best seller, and a Patchouli Orange soap. I've had numerous requests for patchouli in a soap so I figured it was time. Because I let the salt bars cure for a minimum of three months before I sell, I need to be making more every month for the next few months. In the box at the back is my last batch of salt soap, made early in July. The patchouli soap also has a mica pencil line; I'm looking forward to seeing the cut.

View attachment 48288View attachment 48289
I had read 6 month minimum cure for salt bars. Yours are good at 3 months? I’d LOVE it if mine were ready at 3 months!!!

I've started posting in my Instagram again... If you can call one single new post "posting" lol but yeah.... I need to get soaps out to the people who have asked over the few months.

Break time over dawni!!

That being said.. I have lotion bars scheduled for the lil dude's nap time, and a restock of my triple butter soap scheduled for tonight once he's out for the day.

I've missed being here....

I've started posting in my Instagram again... If you can call one single new post "posting" lol but yeah.... I need to get soaps out to the people who have asked over the few months.

Break time over dawni!!

That being said.. I have lotion bars scheduled for the lil dude's nap time, and a restock of my triple butter soap scheduled for tonight once he's out for the day.

Good to see you back here, sweetie. You've been missed.

Break time over dawni!!

That's Excellent, Instagram is a great way to show your craft.
I'm still only making soap for myself and my own family. But I also want to start making more small little batches to test out several recipe variants.
I have a new kitten in the house. He's a little disaster tornado. but he goes to sleep at 10am, so I can only start making soap when he has his daily nap.
Have fun and Enjoy your soaping time.

I just smelled some tester papers I left for a week, just to see if I could still detect the smell of the base notes for some new fragrances I got from WSP. The one I liked the least was Japanese Cherry Blossom (BBW type) so far. That's surprised me only because that's the only scent I buy with 100% no regrets from Bath & Body Works. Now I need to test these FOs in soap but I'm fiending to buy some avocado oil.

I finally made my first batch of soap after many many hours of watching and reading! I was so nervous. There was a tiny mishap with the FO but I think it turned out okay. The rose FO accelerated way too fast I couldn't dump it out fast enough to swirl. That’s why there are large chunky areas of color.
Very pretty.. good job😊

Did I sneak into the curing room and peel back the silicone to peek at the soap at 5:00 in the morning? Yes, yes I did...

Currently I have been awake since 5:00 because I am VERY excited to cut my fall soap! The plan of it is the bottom is a thin layer of cabin green To represent evergreens that don’t lose their color, the middle is the thickest layer, with red, orange, yellow, and a very pretty pumpkin/cinnamon brown I made by mixing all of those colors. It’s a drop swirl. All are the vibrance collection from nurture, and the top is a thin layer of blue to represent the sky, because the fall sky is my favorite, call me crazy lol! 😂

I need to be out of the house in 30 minutes to finish some electric fencing, so that will keep my mind off it. But I can’t wait until 10:00!!!!

Did I sneak into the curing room and peel back the silicone to peek at the soap at 5:00 in the morning? Yes, yes I did...

Currently I have been awake since 5:00 because I am VERY excited to cut my fall soap! The plan of it is the bottom is a thin layer of cabin green To represent evergreens that don’t lose their color, the middle is the thickest layer, with red, orange, yellow, and a very pretty pumpkin/cinnamon brown I made by mixing all of those colors. It’s a drop swirl. All are the vibrance collection from nurture, and the top is a thin layer of blue to represent the sky, because the fall sky is my favorite, call me crazy lol! 😂

I need to be out of the house in 30 minutes to finish some electric fencing, so that will keep my mind off it. But I can’t wait until 10:00!!!!

That sounds amazing. Looking forward to the photos.

View attachment 48300
I just finished cuttin it! I love it, but next time I may darken the blue or leave it out completely.

Very nicely done!, I love the drop swirl. I haven't mastered it yet. but the moulds I've been using are probably too small.

Maybe if you decide to leave out the blue layer, save a bit of the soap batter from each colour and drizzle some of the red, orange and yellow on top of the loaf and then take a straw and trace some figure8 or some kind of oval leaf-shaped twirls on top of the loaf. It can maybe make a cool pattern of autumn leaves for the top of your soap.

Back