What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received some glitter to try out and although I told them I couldn't use it in soap because it's not biodegradable, I did use it to take some photos and I like how it turned out. (and I used my stamp as well)
I like the pic. Good balance and contrast. The sprinkle of glitter and the rubber ducky says, "This is a fun soap!" Well done! :thumbs:

Christmas soap. It is July.. hot, but thinking about Christmas.

Attachments

• IMG_20200715_075534_406.jpg
    IMG_20200715_075534_406.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 31
Christmas soap. It is July.. hot, but thinking about Christmas.
Good for you Marina! :thumbs:
Which reminds me, I'm missing Relle's annual Christmas reminders, aka "Cute Bunnies Galore". Haha What's up with that? Does anyone know? Or am I just out of the loop? :smallshrug:

I've been working on Fall/Christmas hot process soaps the last couple of days. The two soaps on the left (sun/moon & owl) are Orange Clove scented and the two on the right (the pumpkins) are Pumpkin Cider scented. These two batches are the first I made using Sodium Lactate and it made a huge difference in making the soap a little more fluid and went into the molds easier.

The dark lump in the front is my lump of coal soap. It has activated charcoal and an FO with 15% vanilla so by Christmas they will be even darker. I made some similar coal soaps last year using a melt and pour base and they were a hit at craft shows and they sold out.

Attachments

• IMG_9396.JPG
    IMG_9396.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 30
The coal soap is brilliant! That is such a cute idea! Did you use a mold?
I used an ice cream scoop for the coal soaps so would have that lumpy look. I have some cute Christmas organza bags (red with gold snowflakes) that I'm going to package them in. I got the idea from WSP's (Wholesale Supplies Plus) site last year.

I made the tiniest batch ever! I think it was only 1/4 pound! I want to see if my soap will work for soap dough! So I filled 2 of those little condiment containers and some silicone madeleine cookie molds. But those I will just use for soap. I didn't fragrance or color it. I will probably just cut them up and use it for a confetti soap!

I am eternally jealous of you guys tat are so close to the border!
I'm actually a bit farther away than you are (depending how far north in Calgary you are....up Nose Hill way? ;-) ), about 300km. BUT, we have relatives in the US, so (used to) travel there a few times a year.
That being said, everything in SW ON does feel closer to the US ....like the 401 just draws you south... :)

I weigh them all and then round down to the lightest even number for my labels.

I received some glitter to try out and although I told them I couldn't use it in soap because it's not biodegradable, I did use it to take some photos and I like how it turned out. (and I used my stamp as well)

View attachment 47833
Very pretty 🥰

Today was a disaster! I was making soap and had it in my 'pringles' can - ready for cpop. I picked it up not thinking and the bottom fell out! All over my counter, large cutting board, down my cupboards, on the floor - what a mess!!! I do have a tendency to clutziness but since starting to soap in May, have had nothing close to this happening. I had extra batter that went into an individual cavity mold that was fine and I managed to salvage about half from the cylinder - of course all the colours pretty much melded together. It will be interesting to see what it looks like. PVC pipe hunting for me next week!

On a brighter note, I made a batch 2 days ago that turned out really nice. Sort of a remake of my very first soap but with coconut milk added to the lye/water masterbatch; ground calendula flowers added to the batter and some sprinkled on top. I love it!

Attachments

• Tea Tree 2  with Calendula.jpg
    Tea Tree 2 with Calendula.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 21
I weigh them all and then round down to the lightest even number for my labels.

View attachment 47833
Love these colors!

I have a friend who is an artist in LA and he posted one of his prints tonight and I got inspired by the colors and said I might make soap with those colors. Now he wants to see a video of it being made, no pressure there. I wont be matching the pattern exactly, just the colors (hopefully) Im making the embed CP and the rest HP because the texture will come in handy.
here is his art
idea for colors.jpg

Latest posts

Back