What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cut this today and realized after that it's unintentionally camo colors. Tobacco and Bay Leaves FO.

Attachments

• IMG_20200702_120017448.jpg
    IMG_20200702_120017448.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 23
I finally got the 2nd mold and soap cutter I ordered! I made 2 batches of soap (ok... one really big batch that was split into 2 batches), tried CTHP (counter top hot process) for the first time and broke my SB :(
I also ran out of sweet almond oil and am considering omitting it from my recipes moving forward, or replacing it with avocado oil.
once the soap gets thicker in CTHP, i use a stainless steek wisk. Def saves the SB

Since I just soap as a hobby, I would normally wait for the next challenge to think about making soap. However, we are running low on face soap! So I did a quick batch so it will have time before it's needed.

I tested Awaken from Nurture, which to me just smells like lemongrass. I was disappointed, because I already have a big bottle of lemongrass. But, it smells nice.
I really like the shape of the soap and haven't seen any molds like that before. Nice!

once the soap gets thicker in CTHP, i use a stainless steek wisk. Def saves the SB
Yeah, I don't have a soap safe whisk. Guess I'll purchase a soap whisk when I get a new SB. For now I'm taking the household blender for my soaping.
The SB cracked at the base where the blade is. It was plastic and I'm going to blame the high heat. I want to get a stainless steel SB next.

Yeah, I don't have a soap safe whisk. Guess I'll purchase a soap whisk when I get a new SB. For now I'm taking the household blender for my soaping.
The SB cracked at the base where the blade is. It was plastic and I'm going to blame the high heat. I want to get a stainless steel SB next.
Does your broken SB have a whisk attachment? Mine did, and I use that (not attached to the SB) as one of my whisks. I had almost thrown that out bc I never use it on my soap SB. Then I realized, hey, itā€™s a whisk!

Does your broken SB have a whisk attachment? Mine did, and I use that (not attached to the SB) as one of my whisks. I had almost thrown that out bc I never use it on my soap SB. Then I realized, hey, itā€™s a whisk!
Nah. Nothing that fancy. Just a basic, one speed plastic SB. But it lasted 2 years! That's something to think about when I purchase my next soaping SB. I can see my hubby rolling his eyes already šŸ˜‚
"You want a multi-speed, stainless steel stick blender with a whisk attachment?!" Yes, please!

Made these yesterday trying out the Walmart Tallow/Palm shortening for the first time. I think these are going to be nice bars when they are cured. They are very smooth and creamy looking. I also tried out a new to me FO. Aphrodisiac from NG. Iā€™m liking it a lot as itā€™s very citrusy which I like. Hope it sticks around!
1C1724A7-93F8-46C7-B084-508F85EBBFC4.jpeg

After my mica fiasco this weekend, I broke down and ordered real, big-girl micas from Nurture: two purples, two pinks, one blue, one green, and of course, a small amount of their Trial by Fire. šŸ”„ So there may be a meat soap in my future. šŸ˜

I generally don't use FO due to headaches, but a friend is asking for something specific, and since I needed to spend a wee bit more for free shipping, a sample FO made it into the shopping basket, too. The soaps will just have to cure at her house. And the total was less after free shipping anyway. Win-win.
Iā€™m intrigued! ā€œMeat soapā€?!!!

I had crazy soap making dreams last night. I made 3 different salt bars and forgot something in each one! Ugh!! They stayed weirdly fluid and I was trying to add the things to the batter in the cavity molds. šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

An unfortunate result of certain colors and designs. Usually unintended and we all get a good laugh. I made a wine soap that I would put in that category. Show us your ā€œmeatā€œ soaps! :p

Attachments

• DF6B2E9B-4DFD-4F73-BDE2-B9A3C27163F4.jpeg
    DF6B2E9B-4DFD-4F73-BDE2-B9A3C27163F4.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 32
Yes, as @Jersey Girl noted, it is usually the unintended result of trying to swirl either red, or pink, or both into a white soap base. It ends up looking like prosciutto, bacon, bologna, etc. Put "meat soap" in the search bar and you can see some fine examples of soap that looks like food, but not yummy like cupcakes. šŸ˜

Although I've been soaping close to a decade, this is my first time buying red mica, so no doubt I'll go through the meat soap rite of passage when I use it...

I cut my One Pot Wonder today. It doesn't really look like the technique but I think it's pretty none-the-less. My technique leaves a lot to be desired. I used a turquoise and emerald green - wish the green would have been brighter. I used a FO called Jamaica Me Crazy and it is very nice and is still hanging in. Hope it survives the cure.

Attachments

• One Pot Wonder.jpg
    One Pot Wonder.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 25

Latest posts

Back