What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried my hand at shrink wrapping today. Just one bar of MP soap. I have some friends who were interested in my recent batch and I HATE wrapping in cling wrap/saranwrap. It went...eh. Mostly ok but I couldn't get the final seam right and then the soap started melting a bit. :/ Another learning curve to get over.

I tried my first go at what I hope will be a good base recipe in time. Because it is vegan/palm free the butter amounts were higher than I’ve worked with before but I managed it without too much acceleration—I’m trying to lay off the stick blender but it’s hard. Also trying to CPOP for the first time...

Cut today, pureed ginger, lemon powder with lemongrass and bergamot oils.

Attachments

• 20200604_133232.jpg
    20200604_133232.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 21
I tried my hand at shrink wrapping today. Just one bar of MP soap. I have some friends who were interested in my recent batch and I HATE wrapping in cling wrap/saranwrap. It went...eh. Mostly ok but I couldn't get the final seam right and then the soap started melting a bit. :/ Another learning curve to get over.
I shrink wrap all of my soap. What size did you use? Mine are 4×6 and I always need to cut at least an inch off the top. I then save those 1 inch rounds to shrink wrap my 1oz. sample butters and balms. When I shrink wrap my soap I start from the bottom then move up the sides, heat the front and back sides just enough to show me how my top edge will be then if needed, cut a little more off. Im usually precise with the first cut so I usually don't need to cut more but once I go up the sides I fold the top edge in like im wrapping a present so I get that clean fold. It makes it smooth and very easy for a customer to open without having to use scissors.

Excuse me please. Who else mixes honey into lye?I dont know what or how but the curious cat in me headed of to some experiment today.So I had oatmilk as my water then mixed in 2tbsp of honey .Next went in the lye and boyyy I wasn't ready for the volcano I got next.....will I try it again 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

Attachments

• 20200604_183519.jpg
    20200604_183519.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20200604_190417.jpg
    20200604_190417.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 22
Well, I made a soap at the request of my husband and it’s pretty cute. He’s a huge nerd and loves comics. My first experience with using m&p as an imbed. I learned a good lesson about the mold for imbed being too thin. Any suggestions about where I might find some deeper molds for this application?

Attachments

• DCD9450C-FDB7-4B2E-9CF2-EA7E071B3146.jpeg
    DCD9450C-FDB7-4B2E-9CF2-EA7E071B3146.jpeg
    250.8 KB · Views: 21
Back